Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gonna get back from holiday tonight and play the norsca dlc, who is the best LL to start with and clue me in on some kill units pls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

nopantsjack posted:

Gonna get back from holiday tonight and play the norsca dlc, who is the best LL to start with and clue me in on some kill units pls?

Both Wulfrik and Throgg are good and buff up different units but you can't go wrong with skin wolves no matter who you're playing as. Wulfrik's start is probably the easier of the two.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Skaven being able to settle anywhere and have them be stealth cities disguised as ruins seems pretty fitting and simple solution, there has never been a turn-based campaign map with a second underground layer that hasn't been terrible in any game it's been in.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

After watching the Skaven intro, I have a hunch that the end of campaign boss will be Thanquol (with Boneripper) all vortex'ed up. He'll still be DLC at some point of course, or at least I hope so.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Skaven being able to settle anywhere and have them be stealth cities disguised as ruins seems pretty fitting and simple solution, there has never been a turn-based campaign map with a second underground layer that hasn't been terrible in any game it's been in.

Age of Wonders III

:colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

🐀:siren: Skaven gameplay streams are going to be happening tomorrow and we'll get a roster reveal on Friday! :siren:🐀

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
I never knew how much I was wanted to play a rat people faction. Mein body is ready!

Doesn't look like they have a warpstone dependent mechanic though?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Seems that intro explained it, gather enough warpstone to summon a Daemon strong enough to take down Ulthwan's defenses, then claim the vortex and unleash ratty hell.

£10 the final boss is said Daemon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SteelMentor posted:

Seems that intro explained it, gather enough warpstone to summon a Daemon strong enough to take down Ulthwan's defenses, then claim the vortex and unleash ratty hell.

£10 the final boss is said Daemon.

Thanquol accidentally calls that same Bloodthirster. Again.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Skaven have cool mechanics but my heart remains with lizardmen.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Even the crazy advisor who will work with Chaos isn't crazy enough to work with Skaven. :allears:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

God now I can't decide if I like lizardmen, ratmen or bonemen the most.

welcome to warhammer two: We Saved The Cool Races For Second

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Watch him be stabbed by a gutter runner at the end of some cinematic at the beginning of the Skaven campaign.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

remember age of wonders

with not only one, but two separate underground map layers

god, that loving game

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

jokes posted:

Watch him be stabbed by a gutter runner at the end of some cinematic at the beginning of the Skaven campaign.

Every time you pull up the adviser screen, there's a new Skaven as the previous one met with an untimely end.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Every time you pull up the adviser screen, there's a new Skaven as the previous one met with an untimely end.

The dismissal button means something much more sinister.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

theDOWmustflow posted:

I never knew how much I was wanted to play a rat people faction. Mein body is ready!

Doesn't look like they have a warpstone dependent mechanic though?

Warpstone will probably be their money like with vamps and dark magic or chaos and favor

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^^^ Sounded like it might be Food.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Your heroes keep "changing their names."

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They were talking about food being a mechanic, so maybe food is their regular currency and warpstone is a different mechanic.

Food makes more sense as a regular currency for them, since they're all always starving at all times and can eat their enemies directly, so sacking/razing a city and defeating an army is a buffet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

jokes posted:

They were talking about food being a mechanic, so maybe food is their regular currency and warpstone is a different mechanic.

Food makes more sense as a regular currency for them, since they're all always starving at all times and can eat their enemies directly, so sacking/razing a city and defeating an army is a buffet.

They said food is a special mechanic you can spend for them. It sounded a lot like Wood Elf Amber in that you have a global supply and can use it to do things like pump Skaven Corruption in a province to up your number of clanrat summons in battle, or instantly upgrade a settlement to a higher tier. Also running a negative balance impacts growth and stability.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm extremely excited for the names and descriptions of their research items.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I can see warpstone being an amber-like mechanic that skaven need to build cool poo poo like doomwheels and ratling guns.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

yeah food seems like a special mechanic, warpstone tokens are their established currency in the lore

man queek looks really cool, i can't wait to see who else we get.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Which skaven was it that's supposed to be chilling in K8P? One of the skaven in the intro was talking about stuff in dwarfholds, maybe that's a hint at potentially having skaven stuff in the old world?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
The bell in the trailer tolls 13 times:allears:

(13 Is a sacred number to the skaven)

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I thought the Skaven voices would be more high pitched and snivelly, but other folks have said the voices are very close to the ones in Vermintide

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

GW just should give up the entire warhammer fantasy property to CA tbqh

edit: words disappear, probably skaven business

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo. Hellpit Abominations, Rat Ogres, AND SICK DOOMWHEEL STUNTS.

I forgive the endless teasing, CA. Sick DOOMWHEEL stunts makes everything better.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ChickenWing posted:

Which skaven was it that's supposed to be chilling in K8P? One of the skaven in the intro was talking about stuff in dwarfholds, maybe that's a hint at potentially having skaven stuff in the old world?

queek is the one who controls the underneath of karak eight peaks, the guy in the red armour. thanquol was there to 'help out' one time and tried to summon a verminlord, but somehow summoned a far more powerful and angry legendary bloodthirster that trashed both the skaven and the dwarves so queek had to retreat

the stinky looking blind mole rat is skrolk and his clan has a presence in lustria, so im guessing his start is there

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

ChickenWing posted:

Queek Headtaker, who's confirmed as one of the legendary lords for TWW2 but a lot of people (me included) would like to see him moved to Karak Eight Peaks for the combined campaign, replacing the Mutinous Gits.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Queek Headtaker I think. He looks like he starts in the south Araby area.

Also, I really like how picking your start location looks like it really changes your starting opponents.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

yeah im looking forward to that, it got really tiresome fighting the same opponents over and over at the start of every campaign. then by the time you get to someone else chaos rolls in and kills them before you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Considering:

1) The first game races are all present in the second game
2) There are some stand-ins for what will clearly be different races with DLC

I can see them porting a few things like Skaven back into game one.

e: A Google search for Thanquol has a model of hire riding some four armed rat ogre with bug guns. Yes?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

e: A Google search for Thanquol has a model of hire riding some four armed rat ogre with bug guns. Yes?

That's Boneripper, yes. If Thanquol is in the game, Boneripper will probably be his big quest mount.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Did they ever say if we'll need to have all 3 games installed in order to play with the combined maps?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I mean, probably?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Deakul posted:

Did they ever say if we'll need to have all 3 games installed in order to play with the combined maps?

Pretty sure they said the combined map in TWW2 will only be available if you own TWW1.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

John Charity Spring posted:

Pretty sure they said the combined map in TWW2 will only be available if you own TWW1.

'Own' and 'have installed' are different, but given that so much TWW1 content is in 2 I suspect not?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So hype for rats. I was not expecting them to put in the Hellpit Abomination. I just want to see that thing move; its animations must be crazy.

Cythereal posted:

That's Boneripper, yes. If Thanquol is in the game, Boneripper will probably be his big quest mount.
That's End Times Boneripper. I hope they go for classic Boneripper and make him the robotic rat ogre skeleton he should be.

Thanquol and Boneripper could work like Skarsnik and Gobbla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Oh man, what a nightmare. Think about them releasing a patch for all three games at once for those of us that have them installed on smallish SSDs.

• Locked thread