Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That was covered in the "society" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

doverhog posted:

Megadeth is better than Metallica.

Rust in Peace is so much better than anything Metallica has ever done. What a great album.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Metal is good, but metal fans are the loving worst. There's only one type of fan worse than a metal fan.

Tool fans. I despise Tool, based purely on the fans of theirs that just will not shut the gently caress up about how great Tool is.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Metallica is fine when they actually make metal. The problem is half the songs on any given album are slow moody garbage.

At least make fast moody garbage.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Metal is actually bad music pretty much all around, you could fit all the good metal songs on 1 16 track album and call it 'metal music'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Metal being unpopular is a part of the charm. gently caress you dad, and society.

It would be great if metal was unpopular so every god drat radio station wouldn't be full of it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It would be great if metal was unpopular so every god drat radio station wouldn't be full of it.

Would love to know what stations you’re listening to because it’s pretty rare to hear any metal from later than 1989 anywhere I’ve ever lived

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

kayo dot is good. but there isn't any metal i would ever consider listening to publicly/without headphones that don't carry the sound far, it's an acquired taste the non-consenting should not be subjected to.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

kayo dot is good. but there isn't any metal i would ever consider listening to publicly/without headphones that don't carry the sound far, it's an acquired taste the non-consenting should not be subjected to.

Non-consenting people shouldn’t be exposed to music you’re blasting without headphones in general.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Metal is good, but metal fans are the loving worst. There's only one type of fan worse than a metal fan.

Tool fans. I despise Tool, based purely on the fans of theirs that just will not shut the gently caress up about how great Tool is.

As a person that really enjoyed TOOL as a moody teenager/college aged kid, I 100% agree. TOOL fans are the absolute worst.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Non-consenting people shouldn’t be exposed to music you’re blasting without headphones in general.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the portable bluetooth speaker is one of the worst inventions ever and i wish theyd be banned

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I use mine every day at work it's pretty sweet

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like it when someone blasts their music on the bus or subway. It's like free entertainment and it helps distract me from the sights and smells of the lower classes.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Zzulu posted:

The only people who like metal and rock nowadays are dads

I agree, but would add that that's strangely ironic, because metal is children's music.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

silence_kit posted:

Rust in Peace is so much better than anything Metallica has ever done. What a great album.

I have a softer spot for Countdown to Extinction, because it was my introduction to Megadeth, when I found it in my university's library's lost & found during an overnight shift.

As far as Metallica vs. Megadeth goes, I tend to like Megadeth albums and Metallica songs. Both bands are fine by me though.

Leavemywife posted:

At the risk of sounding like "I'm not like THOSE metal fans", I agree. There's a lot of gatekeeping, white supremacy (especially when it comes to folk metal), and misogyny (ditto). I'm a Black woman, and most of my closest metal fan friends are women of color because male and/or white people can be so hostile.

And don't even get me started on Tool fans.

The worst is when you're on the train listening to podcasts/music on your own headphones and you can hear someone else's music over yours. The WORST worst is the Showtime assholes though.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Tool even made it pretty clear they were aware of their fan base and didn’t care for them. So as a fan I have to agree with the band that Tool fans suck?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Would you say their fans are tools?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Objectively the worst fans are Beyonce's and Taylor Swift's online following. As terrible as human beings come - complete irredeemable trash.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Objectively the worst fans are Beyonce's and Taylor Swift's online following. As terrible as human beings come - complete irredeemable trash.

I agree with this just to drive home the point that most fans are awful, calling yourself as part of the Beyhive.

Fans loving suck

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

never been a real fan, i just like bands

i went to a live concert only once, it made me feel all beep boop because despite the fact that i liked some of the band on stage (blur, the pet shop boys) i didnt feel any of the ecstatic nuttiness that seemed to possess every person around me. i dont really get or understand that emotion

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've seen Electric Six in concert several times and it's the best.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Some people just don't like live shows. I love them because it's actually seeing and somewhat interacting with a band you like, but I've got friends that just don't like the crowd or noise or how live music sounds.

As for an unpopular opinion:

I think burgers are better well done. It's not a steak or a roast, cook your drat burger.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

i went to a live concert only once, it made me feel all beep boop because despite the fact that i liked some of the band on stage (blur, the pet shop boys) i didnt feel any of the ecstatic nuttiness that seemed to possess every person around me. i dont really get or understand that emotion

That's called being drunk, or it helps anyway. I basically stopped going to shows though, because I guess I just got old and could never recapture the feeling I used to have at them.

Being really into anything is kinda childish. As you grow more tired of the futility of it all, liking anything becomes more difficult, and euphoria just straight up impossible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have you tried getting drunk in a hot tub? Cause that always makes me feel pretty good.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Shibawanko posted:

I met the Pet Shop Boys in an airport. They were carrying their own equipment and checking themselves in. I didn't feel any excitement either so I get it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Just recently I felt good watching a communist with big tits own noobs on twitter, so it's not all bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But not literally owning them because the noobs belong to the state, correct?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Some people just don't like live shows. I love them because it's actually seeing and somewhat interacting with a band you like, but I've got friends that just don't like the crowd or noise or how live music sounds.

I think burgers are better well done. It's not a steak or a roast, cook your drat burger.

i honestly didnt mind the noise or the crowd, i was mostly just there protecting my wife who was going nuts about blur but who is short so i was worried about her getting shoved around, i enjoyed watching the band and as i recall i was pretty drunk but being drunk tends to make me relaxed and i just dont really get this feeling where people start hooting and hollering and going nuts

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I used to love the crowd/noise/vibe and in the moment the live set sounds fine.

But anyone who listens to live versions of music when they aren’t at a concert is my enemy for life.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Just recently I felt good watching a communist with big tits own noobs on twitter, so it's not all bad.

What kind of a sick gently caress posts this without a link or atleast a name

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jesus christ you're all so lame

doverhog
May 31, 2013

coronavirus posted:

What kind of a sick gently caress posts this without a link or atleast a name

@AshBCoffin

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's just safer too.
Bacteria grows on the outside of beef, hence why it's okay to cook a steak blue, you just heat it enough on each side to kill off the bacteria.
With ground beef, all that surface area has been ground up and mixed throughout.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That too, but I've seen people order their burgers medium rare and they bite into them and the middle of the patty basically just falls out. It's gross looking.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Video memes aren’t memes.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
the way we treat animals in factories is grotesque

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

memes are fine. fiestacat is extremely funny

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Online college courses should not require any personal information about you. No "Make a post introducing yourself!" no "How does this topic relate to your life" assignments, none of that bullshit, and "respond to a classmate's post!" can go gently caress itself. I don't want to tell you anything about myself, and I sure as hell don't want to interact with anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Gripweed posted:

Online college courses should not require any personal information about you. No "Make a post introducing yourself!" no "How does this topic relate to your life" assignments, none of that bullshit, and "respond to a classmate's post!" can go gently caress itself. I don't want to tell you anything about myself, and I sure as hell don't want to interact with anyone else.

I dropped an online English course once because like 60% of the grade was made up of having to respond to your effectively illiterate classmates’ posts.

For content - calling women “Karen” is a great way to be super misogynist without having to worry about anyone calling you out on it.