Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

So the guy lives in a homeless shelter, runs a blog about the immortality benefits of boning teenagers, and creeps out the local restaurant employees. If that's not mentalillness.txt, I don't know what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Frobbe posted:

poo poo man, i wasn't aware that the over 250.000 German refugees that came to Denmark at the end of the war didn't actually exist. (most of them went back home when Germany had been stabilized)

Isn't Germany one of those countries that suffered so much emigration they literally pay descendants of emigrants to come back?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

hackbunny posted:

Isn't Germany one of those countries that suffered so much emigration they literally pay descendants of emigrants to come back?

They need to call the Drumpf....er.....Trump family.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bean_shadow posted:

They need to call the Drumpf....er.....Trump family.

Wasn't his grandfather banished after not serving in the German military? I think it was one of those October surprises that didn't stick

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/11/22/politics/trump-grandfather-germany-friedrich/index.html

quote:

A local council letter from 1905 informed Friedrich Trump -- who had become a United States citizen -- that he would not be granted his German citizenship back and that he had eight weeks to leave the country or be deported, German historian Roland Paul told CNN Tuesday.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I just realized, it's the fact that our telomeres get shorter that make us all degenerates in a way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pesticide20 posted:

Wasn't his grandfather banished after not serving in the German military? I think it was one of those October surprises that didn't stick

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/11/22/politics/trump-grandfather-germany-friedrich/index.html

to be fair at that time pretty much all of Germany was being turned into one giant war camp, and a lot of perfectly fine people decided 'huh, rather not' and bailed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tatum Girlparts posted:

to be fair at that time pretty much all of Germany was being turned into one giant war camp, and a lot of perfectly fine people decided 'huh, rather not' and bailed.

Except granddaddy trump tried to go back after his business venture failed.

He ended up running a brothel.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

well now that is funny then yea

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RFC2324 posted:

See, the Trump family has a long history of respecting a woman's place in the workplace.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

See, the Trump family has a long history of respecting a woman's place in the workplace.

At least with that particular Trump venture, you know out of the gate that you're going to get hosed.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

RFC2324 posted:

But I bet he at least paid the workers back then.

It was cleaner more respectable chapter in the family history.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Does that take into account people who listen to audio books at work, because that's the primary way a huge number of people i know consume print media.

BigglesSWE posted:

I guess it helps you feel superior when they won't sleep with you.
Let me tell you about men going their own way.

Also as for Germany they're kind of forgetting the whole period where a massive chunk of Germany's population left in 1848 because Bismark wouldn't stop killing them. You know the guys who now account for the ancestry of like 30% of all white people in America. They didn't rebuild anything because the bad guys won and founded modern Germany.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Idiots on Social Media: I am not afraid of you or your unappealing HUSBAND.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry this is small, I had to pull back really far to fit it all in one screenshot

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Sorry this is small, I had to pull back really far to fit it all in one screenshot

I'm sure right-wing-civic-nationalist is the complete opposite of a fascist.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

I imagine not many people Like any of his statuses.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

:stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dilbert Dude has gotten aggressive

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Call the police

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like that he's completely rude to her but keeps saying he's gonna persuade her otherwise

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Good lord get a security system and lock your doors and windows.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I like that he's completely rude to her but keeps saying he's gonna persuade her otherwise

I see you're new to PUA.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
His negging game needs some fine tuning. And if he's anywhere near her; she needs some window locks.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
In the gender-reversed film adaptation of this incident, his role will be played by Melissa McCarthy.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Quora.com, a sort of high-end question and answer site.

Is the electric chair a painful way to die?

Here's one extremely insufferable answer:

quote:

Mr. Nicholas, you do indeed appear to have a great deal of worldly information on tap; and while I was hoping to get a chance to peruse your personal history as to adequately respond to the vast amount of information you seem grasp; however, information is not wisdom and on this question in particular, you seemed to have tripped and fallen in the details of more the mythos of Hollywood, than of actual fact; but you are quite welcome to correct me if you find me incorrect.

Having been a nurse for nearly 30 years, I must take exception to your response to the fact that “death by electrocution is one of the most painful to go through.” (Forgive me for needing to paraphrase, but it seems that I am unable to unable to double check your answer without losing my place in the queue)

I am also against any form of capital punishment, but I DO know how the body works and what makes it stop.

The way that you explain it, it all seems proper, but it is not in fact painful at all. In your assumptions about the application of electric current. If you are referring to that old “snuff film” called “Faces of Death” or some such nonsense from the 70’s, which shows a man's eyes melting down his face, or eating out of a live monkey skull, you can file that Urban Myth: BUSTED. It was an old hoax and was checked by the FBI, who said that it wasn't even a GOOD fake of a snuff film.

But let's get back to your assertion that being electrocuted is painful; seizures are a brain (neurological) disorder where the brain loses its ability to regulate the normal current that is keeps us the successful walking batteries that we are, and if this is too much for you, watch The Matrix, their explanation is spot on!) and yet, electrocution is no more or less “painful” than having a seizure; another thing with which I am intimately familiar, having had epilepsy after a blow to the head in late childhood; and I am here to inform you that none of the seizures I have ever had in my life had anything resembling painful sensations.

It is well known to (me and) the medical community that the moment at which the current hits the body (and all of its concomitant nerve clusters) that it's merely having a bit of a storm; and there is NO MEMORY OF THE EVENT.

As for categorising least to most painful is something I find rather reprehensible, as if this work of horror that you proclaim to disavow, but go on to discuss the details like it were a game of dice with which to build up your board for next week's football pool.

If you had any sense whatsoever, you'd have stated, clearly and for all to hear; “this is a revolting question considering the terrorist world in which we now live and I refuse to support it.”

People aren't playing “Game of Thrones” out there, they are killing each other! And for what? A patch of dirt? To blow up churches because someone else is too different to ask, “Hey, can I ask you what you're about?”

Or was the “spotlight” and 7,000 followers just a little too much for your ego to turn down?

There IS no “most painful way to die.” Ever They are ALL the most painful because somewhere, someone, some group will be grieving their loss.

And just to make a difference, one can hope, I leave everyone with this:

One may steal the Secrets of Time and seal it in a vault to keep it safe; but unless the man READS the book, the secrets will disappear into the mist.

Information is not wisdom if it is not USED.

I'm pretty sure a seizure is different than being electrocuted in a chair. But, clearly, I'm not a nurse so I have no idea.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

bean_shadow posted:

Quora.com, a sort of high-end question and answer site.

Is the electric chair a painful way to die?

Here's one extremely insufferable answer:

I'm pretty sure a seizure is different than being electrocuted in a chair. But, clearly, I'm not a nurse so I have no idea.

Quoting The Matrix as a scientific source, that's just precious. Also, has she never had a really bad muscle cramp? They're pretty loving painful and that's not with 8 Amps going through the body for 30 seconds.

quote:

There IS no “most painful way to die.” Ever They are ALL the most painful because somewhere, someone, some group will be grieving their loss.

Wow, very deep.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

zakharov posted:

Call the police

Is Granos here? :ohdear:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
A huge pet peeve of mine lately is the rise of "an image that is just a screenshot of text", but holy poo poo....

I'm surprised Dictionary.com is so readily bookmarked. I'm not surprised the person sharing this needs it, just that they actually expend that minimal effort to understand the big scary words.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Genealogy. Always of crucial importance

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Tony Phillips posted:

Amused by the trending news thing about the HOLLYWEED sign, I clicked a link. Found this.

Well, that seems rational. Wonder what his profile is like....

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011501374128
Just a run of the mill MRA Trump supporting..... uh? Mini-Disc aficionado?

If this sign change isn't immediately followed by HOLLYWOO I'll be so disappointed

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Tony Phillips posted:

Amused by the trending news thing about the HOLLYWEED sign, I clicked a link. Found this.

Well, that seems rational. Wonder what his profile is like....

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011501374128
Just a run of the mill MRA Trump supporting..... uh? Mini-Disc aficionado?
I'm not up on my American law knowledge (most of it comes from binging Law & Order episodes while drinking) but isn't pot already illegal at the federal level, and is only legal in various states because the Constitution allows states to set their own laws? Making this guy a Republican against States' Rights?

The next few years are going to suck, but watching the two disparate halves of the Republican party rip into each other like angry cats is definitely going to take the edge off.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I'm not up on my American law knowledge (most of it comes from binging Law & Order episodes while drinking) but isn't pot already illegal at the federal level, and is only legal in various states because the Constitution allows states to set their own laws? Making this guy a Republican against States' Rights?

The next few years are going to suck, but watching the two disparate halves of the Republican party rip into each other like angry cats is definitely going to take the edge off.

The Supreme Court found that the federal government can override states on drug laws in Gonzales v. Raich (2005). The Obama administration, however, didn't set federal enforcement of federal drug laws as a priority.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

The, uh, frame grab and video title may be a little iffy here.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The, uh, frame grab and video title may be a little iffy here.

It's not even a cement mixer. It's like 3 different topics

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Is there a name for the phenomenon where crazy people straight up tell others the role they are supposed to subsequently play in their personal script ("You do X", "You think Y", "You act Z"...)? I think it goes a bit beyond simple projection.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It looks like Chris Tobin's entire schtick is to be as gross and offensive as possible on Facebook. He's got 369 friends yet never more than 10 likes on what he posts.
He's trying really hard guys :(

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

More or less. (As TinTower confirmed) Illegal on the federal level, but since being legalized initially in Washington and Colorado, they haven't decided to do crap about it. Much better use of resources elsewhere. Meanwhile, more and more states have joined the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A while back I remember hearing about a raid of some kind on a medicinal marijuana place or something, but overall there hasn't been a hard crackdown on states that have legalized it.

It's definitely done a good job at showing the true colors of 'states rights' republicans who then assert they want the federal government to punish said states though. When the legalization train first started some years ago there were a small number of posters on the Free Republic forums who called out others who made posts like that. Guess which side of things started getting banned?