Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Andre Banzai posted:

Which is what I've been doing, but gently caress actually reading what I post and not just replying with whatever bullshit comes to mind at the time because groupthink amirite.

No I've read your posts and its a whole lot of whining. If you were giving them the benefit of the doubt you wouldn't of dumped a mountain of words about how bad they are.

BenRGamer posted:

So... anyone actually know what mods are Cool and Good at the moment?

That's also not Long War 2 because gently caress that noise.

The OP has a good list of quality of life mods. I wouldn't know much about good mods beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, there are a ton of class mods and voice packs out the rear end, as well as numerous weapons and outfits of varying qualities.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

No I've read your posts and its a whole lot of whining. If you were giving them the benefit of the doubt you wouldn't of dumped a mountain of words about how bad they are.

Go back and read how I think the features of the expansion are really cool, you big pile of walking bullshit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Speaking of voice packs, hopefully there's more non-English speakers this time :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Andre Banzai posted:

Go back and read how I think the features of the expansion are really cool, you big pile of walking bullshit.

SHUT UP!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Iron Crowned posted:

Speaking of voice packs, hopefully there's more non-English speakers this time :colbert:

Probably not. All the localized voices are already in the game.

Somone ported the Russian and Polish ones from EW as a mod though since XCOM2 wasn't localized for them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Andre Banzai posted:

You said you were done! Shut up! I said it nicely once but for gods sake we get it.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Bogart posted:

You said you were done! Shut up! I said it nicely once but for gods sake we get it.

Of course, but when people come and start posting bullshit about what I've said, I still have the absolute sole right to call them on their bullshit.

gently caress yourself.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OH MY GOD!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:derp: I'M LOSING CONTROL OF THE SITUATION :derp:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Deltasquid posted:

I hope the expansion pack after this one adds time travel elements and lets you recruit the children of your soldiers to fight alongside you

Maybe Vahlen will build us a time machine so that soldiers from all futures can go back and correct our loss in the first Alien War.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Internet Kraken posted:

This isn't right! THIS ISN'T RIGHT!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

*rapid intense breathing*

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
DONT WANNA DIE

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zomborgon posted:

Maybe Vahlen will build us a time machine so that soldiers from all futures can go back and correct our loss in the first Alien War.

XCOM Musou looking good

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

BenRGamer posted:

So... anyone actually know what mods are Cool and Good at the moment?

That's also not Long War 2 because gently caress that noise.

Get Allies Unknown to have random aliens from Mass Effect (with different abilities/resource cost) help you out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759381732

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BexGu posted:

Get Allies Unknown to have random aliens from Mass Effect (with different abilities/resource cost) help you out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759381732

There are also Advent Hybrids, HK-Units and Twi'lek :eng101:

The Geth are the best though. Someone did a great job porting their models and they make amazing Sword-dudes which is hilarious.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I wanted to test how this runs on my new rig so I downloaded a bunch of collections and fired it up.

Trip report: I have no details on performance as I spent 2+ hours playing pretty soldier dress up instead.

Holy gently caress there is a lot of quality armor mods now.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Also requesting thread title change to

Zore posted:

We Fire Emblem now.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I hope they do english voices with stereotypical accents.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Good enough for me!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Deltasquid posted:

Also requesting thread title change to

I think FIRE EMBLEM NOW would be more appropriate going by previous and current titles.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ditty bout my clitty posted:

*gets hit by a plasma shot*

ayyy mama mia thats one SPICY MEATABALL!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Moola posted:

ayyy whoa gently caress you pal

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oi I swear on me mum I'll av you alien twats!

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

So can I have my self-insert soldier romance Bradford by going afk next to him for 60 turns in the viper king mission?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Zore posted:

There are also Advent Hybrids, HK-Units and Twi'lek :eng101:

The Geth are the best though. Someone did a great job porting their models and they make amazing Sword-dudes which is hilarious.

Hot drat I didn't notice the developer added in the Geth!. I just loved using Quarians with build in hacking bonus/sabotage.

As for the expansion: I hope they add in a pure flamethrower gun instead of just having it as a heavy weapon. There is a mod that allows a flamethrower as a shotgun replacement but it can get kind of buggy.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I wish there was a legit reason to use the flamethrower over the shredder/shredstorm cannon. Speaking of which is there any mod that makes the Plasma Blaster not a useless piece of poo poo?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bolow posted:

I wish there was a legit reason to use the flamethrower over the shredder/shredstorm cannon. Speaking of which is there any mod that makes the Plasma Blaster not a useless piece of poo poo?

It becomes hilarious if you put it on a SPARK that has the "+2 radius to heavy weapons" perk. It becomes a three-tile hellbeam.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I forget the name but there is a mod that rebalances the heavy weapons so that shedder isn't way better than the other options.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RBA Starblade posted:

It becomes hilarious if you put it on a SPARK that has the "+2 radius to heavy weapons" perk. It becomes a three-tile hellbeam.

Yeah, that perk makes the railgun blast weapons loving baller.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bakalakadaka posted:

I forget the name but there is a mod that rebalances the heavy weapons so that shedder isn't way better than the other options.

This one?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Is it hosed up that the feature I'm most looking forward to in this expansion is the photo booth :ohdear:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Bolow posted:

Is it hosed up that the feature I'm most looking forward to in this expansion is the photo booth :ohdear:

If it leads to a selfie mod, it'll be all good.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Yeah, I was mostly thinking about cosmetics, UI mods, and maybe some items because I didn't want to radically change the game. But I might try that Allies Unknown because that looks cool af.

edit: looking at the photos...I didn't know Turians were british.

edit 2: Wait, it says it requires a mod that requires Long War 2. Uncool.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 14, 2017

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

BenRGamer posted:

Yeah, I was mostly thinking about cosmetics, UI mods, and maybe some items because I didn't want to radically change the game. But I might try that Allies Unknown because that looks cool af.

What mod? I'm looking at the primary Allies Unknown mod, and while it's Long War compatible, it doesn't require anything that needs Long War.

You may be looking at the supplement to it that adds a mission to Long War - it's completely optional.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

BenRGamer posted:

-bg- has some great fixes/changes which aren't huge transformations.

Gotcha Again, or whatever the most recent version is called, shows you all kinds of visibility/positioning stuff like flanks, enemy overwatch triggering, ability to hack objectives etc.

You'll probably want some sort of health display mod, I like Numeric Health Display

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

a cow posted:

You'll probably want some sort of health display mod, I like Numeric Health Display

I prefer Additional Icons. It provides a numeric health display, maintains the pips for those who like them, and gives other info, like the unit's aim stat, their primary weapon's damage range, and even whether or not they have loot to drop.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Moola posted:

ayyy mama mia thats one SPICY MEATABALL!!!

An ethnic stereotypes mod would be terrific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

New thread title XCOM 2: EXPANSION DOORN NOW