Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

I was about to post about how bad batches of Soylent made many customers have diarrhea. Then I learned they made bars that also gave people diarrhea. Doesn't a chewable "food bar" kind of ruin the original point of their first product?

Marketing it sort of goes against the origins point since it was supposed to be an open source thing free for the world, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is very much your poo poo if you're into Xs and Os

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/19/15356598/nba-playoffs-plays-you-missed-highlights-rajon-rondo-raptors

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

It took me a minute to realize that Astro Teller was a not a terrible name for a company, but in fact an even more terrible name for a human being

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I remember when the "GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY" tape came out, Veep's writers are at a loss as to how to top that.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

WhyteRyce posted:

You could have just said Astro Teller and ended the story

How does this guy work for Google and not Space Wells Fargo?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Blind Pineapple posted:

The "can't play Kanter" clip is probably the nail in the coffin in what was already a long-shot series for the Thunder. He's the only player besides the Russ that could do damage on offense. The Rockets don't have anyone who can guard him in the post and he can hurt them on the offensive glass, but if he's giving up 20 or so points worth of uncontested layups on the other end, he's still a net negative on the floor.

kanter was my main concern this series because i feel like he always scores a zillion points against Houston but if harden can get him in iso everytime he wants well lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

If Golden State wins Green might go and will probably punch him.

I don't want to have to like Draymond Green.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm going to miss Porzingis when he leaves eventually

https://twitter.com/TheNBPA/status/854808765924864001

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Carlosologist posted:

"Is there anything you guys can do to get me out of this deal"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Does Vivek even know the kings exist as a basketball franchise outside of buddy hield

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Carlosologist posted:

dont most logos with words going in a circle have them go in one direction making this say "National Basketball Association Players"

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Spoeank posted:

Does Vivek even know the kings exist as a basketball franchise outside of buddy hield

Buddy Hield is going to lead the Sacramento Kings to the 2017 League of Legends championship.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

So if Durant is out, there's a chance for Portland to win tonight.

Looking forward to watching this game, and cursing at my television whenever Meyers Leonard is on it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Time posted:

dont most logos with words going in a circle have them go in one direction making this say "National Basketball Association Players"

Actually it says "National Basketball uoᴉʇɐᴉɔoss∀ sɹǝʎɐlԀ"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jota posted:

I love that the tech world is almost too insane to properly parody.

It helps make Silicon Valley so great though.

I read the New Yorker article on tech people and celebrities who want to be immortal the other day and my eyes rolled out of my head. If there's anyone who should live forever, it's you... Goldie Hawn!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

hey shut up if he wants to help foster more tech jobs in Sacramento then I don't care if he wants to have Knightman drive him to the games and replaces WCS with an automated tortilla maker

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 20, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spoeank posted:

There is also Knightman

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

hey shut up if he wants to help foster more tech jobs in Sacramento then I don't care if he wants to have Knightman drive him to the games and replaces WCS with an automated tortilla maker

Let me sum up literally every Vivek press conference though

"The Kings are going to be the leader in <something that is completely and wholly unrelated to basketball>"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

To be fair the Kings are almost always bad so making them the leader in areas other than basketball is probably a more efficient use of time

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Zogo posted:

Also, this assuming a legit ref series (not likely).

Zogobot you need to stick to numbers, the conspiracy theory stuff isn't a good look for you.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Icy Penguigo posted:

Zogobot you need to stick to numbers, the conspiracy theory stuff isn't a good look for you.

Sports conspiracies are the last stronghold free of the globalists tho

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

From way back but gently caress I REALLY hope we get to see him wearing that jersey with no undershirt and that hat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Wizards are Cool and Good. Thank you.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/CSNWizards/status/854859231836729345

https://twitter.com/vineydelnegro/status/854859030849703936

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

"2 world wars and 15 gold medals"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Wall just getting ready for the release of MK8 Deluxe next week

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
John Wall loving Owns

Also Bradley Beal

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the most impressive part of that is being able to stare at dennis schroder

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He went up left handed just daring him to swat it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

the most impressive part of that is being able to stare at dennis schroder

lol

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

"2 world wars and 15 gold medals"

double lol

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Except the tech he wants to foster gets rid of jobs.

How are our CEOs dumber than they were 100 years ago?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Except the tech he wants to foster gets rid of jobs.

How are our CEOs dumber than they were 100 years ago?

Well for one we live in a world where if you don't agree with the news, you just find news you agree with and ignore facts.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

Well for one we live in a world where if you don't agree with the news, you just find news you agree with and ignore facts.

:catdrugs: is the new normal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

feel bad for the curry family after that terrible accident where steph got that glue all over his face and then fell over in the barbershop

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Hot take: the warriors are legit better without Durant

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Eh that's existed for way more than 100 years just it was with newspapers and pamphlets instead of internet sites

cravius posted:

Hot take: the warriors are legit better without Durant

73-9 in the regular season we know

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

axeil posted:

The Wizards are Cool and Good. Thank you.

I'm sorry but actually they're bad, and stupid, and everything about DC is awful

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is hating the wizards some sort of weird spellcaster rivarly

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I like John wall wayyyy too much to hate any team he is a part of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Spacebump posted:

...William Randolph Hearst?

• Locked thread