Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pohl posted:

they stole a design from this very thread!

I gathered that, but which one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

I question the thought process behind having known covid positive patients hanging out in the ED waiting room until a room is ready for them.

I was going to go to an Urgent Care for a flu shot, but their website says "if you think you have COVID-19, walk right in for treatment!"

Fucckkkkkkkk thattttttt

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Loucks posted:

Posting from my <12yo kid’s outdoor birthday party. :geno:

I’m so loving stupid.

Treat yourself to a booster on the way home

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

College Rockout posted:

Had two pfizer, got a moderna yesterday. Pfizer shots were just a mildly sore arm for a day, not the same with moderna. Woke up today with a super sore shoulder and what feels like a minor cold, slight fatigue, chills, body ache. Not terrible, but just bad enough where if I had work i'd be unable to focus and would've called in sick

Yeah, the moderna shot gave me the same deal. My shoulder felt like lead and a I had a serious malaise for two days.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

disappointed they didn't say 'korn kamp'

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's fineeee it's all fineeee

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gio posted:

tell her dont be dumb and wear an N95.

If you can get real N95s right now that's great but there isn't a huge difference between the two in terms of actual protection as long as you're getting a reputable brand that cares about quality control.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I mean in theory they could have a roni waiting room set up, but I doubt it (oh the liability of you putting a neg patient in there to wait for test results and they catch it from stewing in the pit).

I could go look, but LOL no thanks I will stay 1,600 feet away here in my safe secure MRI bunker.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Mr Hootington posted:

Living in the flyover breadbasket of the USA is pretty great. We still have full grocery stores and great meat, fruit, and vegetables. We just need to blow the Mississippi bridges and the mountain roads. A wall and trenches along the Missouri/kansas/oklahoma/Arkansas border is all we need. That Illinois/Wisconsin border will be hot, but we will overcome the coasties.

Who is flyover now will be the battle cry

Take in Illinois and Wisconsin. The people of the United States are cow people. Where goes the cows goes the nation.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Really love spending my Sunday morning writing a letter to my cardiologist's office begging them to fill out a stupid insurance form that's supposed to be for the physically disabled so I can continue to do my computer touching job from home.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

The NFL season is going to be massively superspreading. The primary audience for these games are meatheaded fuckwits in their 20s to 50s, i.e., the exact type of people who think they don't need to get jabbed.

college football too, and it starts in about a week!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

got the life(long COVID)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

kornpop-ped positive

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Thoguh posted:

If you can get real N95s right now that's great but there isn't a huge difference between the two in terms of actual protection as long as you're getting a reputable brand that cares about quality control.

check the link i posted. the industrial supply place sells 3M N95s, presumably genuine.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Joementum posted:

plus the tailgaiting

covid portapotties in the tailgating lots

I'm sure they're called something ridiculous in Vermont, but I'm not translating

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I have filti brand nf95's that I was teaching in, am I loving up?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

why the gently caress did it take you six months to figure this out

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Grapplejack posted:

the time is more about assembling how these idiots hosed up in excruciating detail and getting them on the record, so people not crack-pinged might just crack-ping

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NYCHealthSystem/status/1426937014281195520

quote:

Hotel guests will have FREE:

Round-trip transportation to and from the hotel and any necessary medical appointments
Private rooms and bathrooms
Onsite COVID-19 testing
Free Wi-Fi and unlimited local phones calls to stay connected
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
Medication delivery
On site health care services by skilled doctors and nurses
Telepsychiatry to access expert mental health providers

We could have had this nationwide by now

18 months

We did nothing

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grapplejack posted:

That's how long it took for Chicago to announce (in September) they hadn't done any hiring of contact tracers yet but would do it soon

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

got the life(long COVID)

That'll really be beating them down

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/NYCHealthSystem/status/1426937014281195520

18 months

We did nothing

trump

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

biden

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Greg Legg posted:

I have filti brand nf95's that I was teaching in, am I loving up?

As long as it's a legit brand the differences between KF94s, KN95s, N95s and the European standard isn't going to make a huge difference.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

McNugget Buddy posted:

18 months

We did nothing

The American federal government is totally incapable of doing nationwide efforts. Not even because of ideological reasons (though ideology is part of why we got to this point), it just simply doesn't have the capacity to do the mass hiring and systemic logistics necessary, the system is far too rusted

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

As long as it's a legit brand the differences between KF94s, KN95s, N95s and the European standard isn't going to make a huge difference.

I can sort of see that depending on face shape the headband style straps might help keep it a little more snug but generally yes these are all very good. I am disappointed there is no child sized half-face respirator my son wants to be darth vader at school all day like his Dad

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
All day I dream about SARS-CoV-2

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

From Aaron Collins' reviews it looks like the performance of N95s and KN95s are pretty similar. From my experience the real mask difference is between earloops and elastic headbands. The fit of having two headbands is SO MUCH better than having earloops. There are headband style KN95s but N95s can only have headbands so I just buy N95s to avoid accidentally buying the earloops style masks.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

The American federal government is totally incapable of doing nationwide efforts. Not even because of ideological reasons (though ideology is part of why we got to this point), it just simply doesn't have the capacity to do the mass hiring and systemic logistics necessary, the system is far too rusted

My brother works at the VA, and last year they were trying to dump off contact tracing onto their administrative staff in exchange for unlimited overtime, but I don't think there were many takers

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
"struggled to staff" is an interesting one when I saw depts asking for contact tracing volunteers instead of, you know, hiring people
also outdated data systems is a fun euphemism for "all for-profit EHR is trash by design"

Death Panel Czar has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Aug 15, 2021

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

"someone "within the Korn camp" tested positive for COVID" I said as I slowly morph in to a covid KoЯn cob

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

Source: covidactnow.org

Spot the sad :(

Also I'm the one green county in Florida surrounded by maroon on every side.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

even if you had the total go-ahead to go do stuff you have to follow like 800 dumbshit laws aimed at "reducing bureaucratic waste" requiring that you do a 8 month long RFB or RFP before you can even get started on a project

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Death Panel Czar posted:

"struggled to staff" is an interesting one when I saw depts asking for contact tracing volunteers instead of, you know, hiring people
also outdated data systems is a fun euphemism for "all for-profit EHR is trash by design"

Look buddy, we need F-35 paint way more than we need contact tracers. The $0 budget will just have to do.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow more like covidisover.org

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

LMAO

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

CNMI noooooooo :smith:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Live feed of "tested positive" on Twitter is wild

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22tested%20positive%22&src=typed_query&f=live

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

https://www.tiktok.com/tag/ivermectin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo