Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Anonymous Robot posted:

So the NRA put out this video exhorting their members to kill leftists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

Holy poo poo, lady is angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

They aren't so concerned about Philando Castille, either.

I was shocked, just shocked that the NRA didn't stand up screaming when a legal gun owner was murdered by cops during a routine traffic stop. Oh wait, that's his photo?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

They aren't so concerned about Philando Castille, either.

I think it's particularly hilarious about the guy that shot the congressman since he was definitely exercising his second amendment rights in the most literal way possible.

NRA is just another KKK, except they want to make sure people don't stop buying guns.

Err, I mean, white people don't stop buying guns.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The NRA are just pissed because gun sales are way down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The NRA are just pissed because gun sales are way down.
It's loving hilarious to me that Donald Trump being president is costing gun companies money. If I owned Smith and Wesson or whatever I'd donate a poo poo ton of money to Democratic super pacs.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Is anyone else having fun with the pride flag like on Facebook?

I'll spend ten minutes finding racist/sexist/homophobic posts by right-wingers and priding every single one of them.

It's worth it if just one looks at the post and goes :argh:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Anonymous Robot posted:

http://pinkpistols.org/

married but discreet posted:

Holy poo poo, lady is angry.

Being a white cishet in America is the hardest thing ever.

Egbert Souse posted:

NRA is just another KKK, except they want to make sure people don't stop buying guns.

I'd be genuinely shocked if there wasn't a huge crossover between the two.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Ultimately stuff like this bothers me far less than people who pretend that American politics isn't deeply oppositional, or worse, act as if it shouldn't be.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hey, I have a question for y'all: what's are some characters with great names that never are actually seen? Think along the lines of Bob Saccamano or Tony Rocky Horror.

Rollo Tomassi.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

K. Waste posted:

Now I should see if I can find Felix the Cat: The Movie from the year before. I remember that also being another dreamy one from my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioJSBnVuI0

Timby posted:

Didn't Little Nemo spawn an NES game that had an unholy level of difficulty?

The train level is the worst of it, the rest isn't too bad if you can get there. As a kid though it was maddening.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

This is, without a doubt, one of the most agonizing, grotesque, and nightmarish animated movies ever made.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

GonSmithe posted:

Wtf Michael Nyqvist died. loving lung cancer, man.

Awful news to get up to. And I was just thinking about how awesome he was in John Wick.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

This is, without a doubt, one of the most agonizing, grotesque, and nightmarish animated movies ever made.

I haven't actually watched it since Disney Channel used to air it back in the whatever, so I don't remember how nuts, precisely, it is, but I do remember it being somethin'.

Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat is also something I saw, like once, but still have a drat toy from the Wendy's Kids Meal.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 28, 2017

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Watching Yentl high is an experience that you should definitely try. The Disney Renaissance owes so much to this movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Discount Viscount posted:

I haven't actually watched it since Disney Channel used to air it back in the whatever, so I don't remember how nuts, precisely, it is, but I do remember it being somethin'.

it's a loving nightmare

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

when are you going to fund my assault on precinct thirteen meets halloween starring elvis movie

I don't fund poo poo; I'm not made of money. I try to find other people to fund films. I'll do yours when you write an amazing screenplay and attach a good director.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:lol:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hey, I have a question for y'all: what's are some characters with great names that never are actually seen? Think along the lines of Bob Saccamano or Tony Rocky Horror.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Can't think of any right now, but in the Star Wars movies you see a lot of characters with awesome names that you never hear. Like Sio Bibble.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

therattle posted:

I don't fund poo poo; I'm not made of money. I try to find other people to fund films. I'll do yours when you write an amazing screenplay and attach a good director.

So, it's about this guy who wants to do this poo poo to this other guy and at the end you find out it's all on this other guy's head.. only, get this, that guy's head is us!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

E:nm

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 28, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm watching The Edge of Seventeen (2016) on the recommendation of Hailee Steinfeld's performance, and while I'm enjoying it thus far and it reminds me in good ways of Easy A, the whole "attractive female protagonist is actually unattractive" plot mechanic exemplified in She's All That is just never going away, is it?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Maris Crane

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Honest Thief posted:

So, it's about this guy who wants to do this poo poo to this other guy and at the end you find out it's all on this other guy's head.. only, get this, that guy's head is us!

Sounds great! I'll call your agent with an offer

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Also note that I will in no way compromise my artistic vision and much less try to improve or change my lovely behaviours towards other people.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

Wtf Michael Nyqvist died. loving lung cancer, man.

He was great in so many films and had presence. John Wick, etc. great character actor like Peter Stormare.

Ha ha I make the mistake that no one saw yes

Gatts fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 28, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Magic Hate Ball posted:

well that shouldn't be hard

Whyyyyy I oughta...

Coffee And Pie posted:

Tyler Durden from Fight Club

Egbert Souse posted:

Is anyone else having fun with the pride flag like on Facebook?

I'll spend ten minutes finding racist/sexist/homophobic posts by right-wingers and priding every single one of them.

It's worth it if just one looks at the post and goes :argh:

Nope, I don't have it, and I really wanted to use it on a local theater's post about showing The Babadook again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Honest Thief posted:

Also note that I will in no way compromise my artistic vision and much less try to improve or change my lovely behaviours towards other people.

Couldn't resist could you

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

edit: it wasn't a dig at you btw

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 28, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Is Ian Svenonius the best frontman ever?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Is Ian Svenonius the best frontman ever?

Hell yeah, he's one of the best. Nation of Ulysses loving stomps rear end.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hell yeah, he's one of the best. Nation of Ulysses loving stomps rear end.

I'm revisiting Make Up and i forgot how much they loving own too

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I'm revisiting Make Up and i forgot how much they loving own too

Man, I only listened to In Mass Mind once, years ago, I should give that another spin.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Honest Thief posted:

Death of the author, HT. Death of the author.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Kenneth, did you watch An Actor's Revenge?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Honest Thief posted:

yeah naw

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Kenneth, did you watch An Actor's Revenge?

Yeah, it was dope.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm curious what you were able to glean not speaking a lick of Japanese.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm curious what you were able to glean not speaking a lick of Japanese.

It helps that literally every single shot was beautiful. I'm not gonna pretend like I got every bit and piece - I even ended up getting confused and thinking Yukinojo was taking revenge on behalf of Nakamura, but I credit that to just how effortlessly Hasegawa submerges himself in his queer role. I simply made no identification between the crying boy of the flashbacks and the grown woman of the present narrative, so I ended up conflating the boy with Nakamura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's very astute because there is a ton of subtext between Yukinojo and Nakamura anyway. It could have been as simple and obvious as an unconsummated relationship between a master and page but it comes across far more that Nakamura worships Yukinojo. The Yukinojo performance is spiritual; a demigod, almost.

• Locked thread