Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

zegermans posted:

I really want to know what that was that killed him.

is it possible that this is an elaborate fake assassination so he can disappear before lil bro sends the real ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schnorkles posted:

ong bak, protector and flash point are like the holy trinity of kung fu movies

counterpoint: the later ong baks where they go super deep into se asian mythology get weird and also ip man

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
though some amount of consideration needs to be made for the first ip man, which was pretty good

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guys I think I like anime.

What camp can I turn myself in for processing?

This is a bad revelation.

My whole world is rocked.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Business Gorillas posted:

counterpoint: the later ong baks where they go super deep into se asian mythology get weird and also ip man

ong bak 2/3 aren't very good imo, 1 is awesome

i agree re: ip man 1/2

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My Moms Penis posted:

Male homosexuality is inherently depraved, and that's why all the most effective leaders of our movement (lgbt) are women. Lesbians are able to stop loving each other long enough to get poo poo done. I think that Milo is just one example of this.

okay, thanks for your input, respected sociologist My Moms Penis

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

shiksa posted:

Like, shilling dropping Lena dunhams name as if anyone is gonna go out of their way to defend her.

C'mon dude get a clue

Woody Allen and Rolland Emmerich too. Because people are just lining up to defend them.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

There are only three things that could get Trump impeached at this point:

1. If the piss tape, or another suitably depraved sex scandal with video evidence, is leaked to the media.

2. Hard, irrefutable evidence linking Trump's victory in November to Russian interference that both incriminates other Republicans and would get leaked if Congress did nothing.

3. War with a major power instigated without Congressional approval.

Eleven Eleven fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 21, 2017

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I feel like I miss out on a lot of this thread considering most of the popular alt right have had me blocked for a long rear end time now

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bert Roberge posted:

watch more Americanime like early Simpsons or archer

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

murked by dragon posted:

lmao isn't this the guy that made that fucken garbage RPG funded by the tax money of rhode island

quote:

Add it all up, including interest, and already-cash-strapped Rhode Island could be out as much as $110 million on the loans. As Schilling sits beside the softball diamond, his company, with nearly $151 million in debt and just $22 million in assets, is being liquidated through Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

quote:

Schilling’s harshest critic in the online exchange was Bill Mrochek, the vice president of online services, whose wife required a bone marrow transplant at the time their healthcare disappeared. “Are you going to admit that your stupid hubris, pride, and arrogance would not allow you to accept that we failed — and help shut it down with dignity?” he asked Schilling.
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2012/07/38-studios-end-game/

And he says it's the government's fault.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HailedUser posted:

1. If the piss tape, or another suitably depraved sex scandal with video evidence, is leaked to the media.

2. Hard, irrefutable evidence linking Trump's victory in November to Russian interference that both incriminates other Republicans and would get leaked if Congress did nothing.

3. War with a major power instigated without Congress's approval.

#1 would not lead to impeachment.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

My Moms Penis posted:

Male homosexuality is inherently depraved, and that's why all the most effective leaders of our movement (lgbt) are women. Lesbians are able to stop loving each other long enough to get poo poo done. I think that Milo is just one example of this.

Source your quotes

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any movie that beats Rocky 4 for ridiculous Cold War propaganda movies? A few others come close but I can't think of anything with the sheer density of good Americans with individual personalities and real feelings/evil cackling Russians whose every desire is one with the State.

that rambo movie that stallone dedicated to the mujahideen

red dawn

there are a bunch really and they''re all hilarious

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810823

pro click

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

HailedUser posted:

3. War with a major power instigated without Congress's approval.

i got bad news for ya buddy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cumshitter posted:

I love everyone involved with Archer individually, but I think Archer is actually a bad show. It's trying way too hard to be an animated Arrested Development, and it feel forced and awkward.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MizPiz posted:

As we already know, victims of something can never be perpetrators of anything else.

it's not like victims of abuse often spend their lives trying to justify how poo poo their early life was

people who have had bad things happen to them cannot be blamed for anything, ever

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

cumshitter posted:

Ren and Stimpy season 1 and 2 is like the best Americanime.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

watching Rocky now

first time I've seen the movie in full, instead of catching snippets on TBS or something

it's good

The whole series is good (except 5) in their own ways.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Business Gorillas posted:

i got bad news for ya buddy

I will correct that to major European power

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/833704439865364484

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Rocky IV is loving awesome and we should all follow Rocky's lead and start punching Russians till they're unconscious.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

what kind of anime do you like

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/833694845654949888

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

squizzle ain't what she used to be, but I think the ol' girl has got some good posts left in her before we might have to consider a merciful end

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i swear whenver i leave n come back yall talkin bout anime

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

I love everyone involved with Archer individually, but I think Archer is actually a bad show. It's trying way too hard to be an animated Arrested Development, and it feel forced and awkward.

yeah it's not so great. I was just watching it at a bar and it was meh

I don't watch much anime but as long as the hero isn't a stand in for your pathetic fantasy like a harem show then what's the big deal. Ajin is on Netflix and they market it as a "Netflix original" and I was really surprised by how awesome it was. Just nonstop anime highlander style actionh

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

technically there was no leak. All the relevant footage is from a public podcast from January 2016, and from Milo's appearance on Joe Rogan in July.

It was tweeted out by "Reagan Battalion", which was formed in Mid-2015 and is essentially just a twitter account, and then immediately retweeted by everyone at National Review/TheBlaze/etc till it reached a critical mass.

Trump wasn't announced as a speaker until this morning, and the Milo thing took off yesterday evening.

TyrantWD posted:

It was probably leaked to them by one of the WH factions, and they pounced at their opportunity to be the first one to go with the story. If someone was really sitting on that tape waiting to destroy Milo and the conservatives who sold out to him and Trump, they would wait until CPAC had started, and then unleashed it in on the Thursday for maximum impact. The timing of this reeks of someone rushing in to protect the Trump administration after it was announced that Trump would speak at CPAC and Milo was given the keynote address.
I think Milo was basically being used by the right as a "free speech guy." That was his role. If you asked conservatives about Milo, a lot of them would say yeah I don't really like him but he's for free speech and he makes the libtards mad so...

But I was thinking that the "free speech guy" shtick might have less relevance now -- and may even be counterproductive -- now that the right is in power. He was also getting above his station: claiming to have been responsible for Trump getting elected; claiming to represent the future of conservatism, etc. He works well in opposition but not so well the other way. So a lot of people with more power than him were happy and willing to chop his legs off at the knees.

Some goons have considered that the right wanted an excuse to get rid of a gay guy.

Eh, maybe.

Peter Thiel is much better for conservatives for this, actually. And TBH as a gay guy, Milo's "ohh I'm sooo gay swish swish!" is so transparently fake (my mother, who saw him for the first time on Bill Maher, thought he wasn't actually gay but satirizing one. "He's creepy!" she told me) and his excuse-making that boylove is an unreproachable aspect of gay life ... ain't gonna fly.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 21, 2017

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

i swear whenver i leave n come back yall talkin bout anime

i wanted to talk about kung fu movies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im talkin aboyt goblins

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Uh Misato wasn't even that hot

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Milo does kinda look like a middle age lesbian, somtimes at least

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Nichael posted:

#1 would not lead to impeachment.

taped sex with a minor might

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

And TBH as a gay guy, Milo's "ohh I'm sooo gay swish swish!" is so transparently fake

Really? I have met plenty of gay men like that. Hmm.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is floodgate real yet

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Thoatse posted:

literal nazi punch

...of course it's loving orange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009