Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yashichi posted:

I don't like having five Narcians, but he's non-renewable so I can't bear to part with any of them.

Counterpoint: This is his third GHB appearance so perhaps he is the most renewable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1MUEfyQF9A

lmao lyn and ike comes with three skills and a special weapon because gently caress you, I guess.

Because gently caress everyone else. Lyn and Ike get some serious buffs for being the winners (including a bonus point in every stat). And you can get one free!

That said, Ike's spread is pretty badly put together.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yeah, this definitely cements Lyn as my choice over Ike.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1MUEfyQF9A

lmao lyn and ike comes with three skills and a special weapon because gently caress you, I guess.

anti-bladetome/anti-distant counter/debuffer calvary lyn coming through

They got the most votes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Turns out fully built flier emblem destroys the Narcian GHB, even on infernal
Yup. My Spring Camilla required full flier buffs and a spur, but she managed to OHKO that Panic Ploy archer. After that, it was easy pickings.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They got the most votes.

they could at least balance it so lyn doesn't end up making archers and dagger users useless

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

they could at least balance it so lyn doesn't end up making archers and dagger users useless

Daggers were already useless and Quad Archers are still good. Cordelia isn't going anywhere just because someone with slightly worse stats and a horse showed up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not looking forward to all the bow lyns in arena assault.

Hopefully people will keep her default weapon instead of going for the brave build.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Andrast posted:

Not looking forward to all the bow lyns in arena assault.

Hopefully people will keep her default weapon instead of going for the brave build.

Better get some spare Robins, Henrys and Cecilias to pick up some Raven tomes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
'New Heroes' instead of 'Seasonal Heroes' implies they may be permanent additions to the pool, too.

You just know you'll start seeing more and more +10 Lyns and Ikes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Better get some spare Robins, Henrys and Cecilias to pick up some Raven tomes.

The problem is that you kind of need multiples of both Rein checks and bow Lyn checks in arena assault soon. That gets really inheritance and unit expensive.

The new Ike, Hector and Cecilia can probably do both at least. Hector needs some help against merged/buffed Reins though.

Hector and Ike can't kill in response though which is a problem but can at least bait her.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 29, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

gently caress horse emblem boring rear end poo poo for basic rear end people

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

gently caress horse emblem boring rear end poo poo for basic rear end people

Lyn, like Rein, doesn't really need horse emblem support to be a pain the rear end to deal with

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Andrast posted:

The problem is that you kind of need multiples of both Rein checks and bow Lyn checks in arena assault soon. That gets really inheritance and unit expensive.

The new Ike, Hector and Cecilia can probably do both at least. Hector needs some help against merged/buffed Reins though.

Hector and Ike can't kill in response though which is a problem but can at least bait her.

My Triangle Adept Bowbreaker Julia checks both so I welcome the new meta.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My Triangle Adept Bowbreaker Julia checks both so I welcome the new meta.

You gave her gronnraven too? Normal Naga Julia with bowbreaker dies to a brave bow Bow lyn.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Lyn, like Rein, doesn't really need horse emblem support to be a pain the rear end to deal with

thats true but my point stands

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

like no problem if yall run horse emblem, i love you, i cherish ya, youre the change you want to see in the world

but its bitchmade

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I finally have a Hector after 300 orbs

he's +def -res

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Oh boy, a Lucina! And she's -ATK +SPD. :sigh: Is she worth anything or should I chuck her out the window along with this stupid game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh boy, a Lucina! And she's -ATK +SPD. :sigh: Is she worth anything or should I chuck her out the window along with this stupid game?

Seems like one of her better natures to me

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 29, 2017

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Mischalaniouse posted:

With her legendary weapon she'll still hit 47 atk without A skills, which is far enough into "kills a lot of things if she doubles" territory not to really matter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope the anime is an Awakening adaptation with the same art style

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrast posted:

Could you share your strat? I thought my flier team would be the trick, but Cherche couldn't kill the Panic Ploy archer in one round. My flier team is Brave Axe Cherche, Subaki, Blarblade Summer Corn, and Palla.

I forget how I beat Narcian before. I think Dance/Draw Back shenanigans were involved.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Could you share your strat? I thought my flier team would be the trick, but Cherche couldn't kill the Panic Ploy archer in one round. My flier team is Brave Axe Cherche, Subaki, Blarblade Summer Corn, and Palla.

I forget how I beat Narcian before. I think Dance/Draw Back shenanigans were involved.

+ATK Bunilla OHKOed the archer so there wasn't much strategy involved

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 29, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

like, im happy to have a hector at last, but gently caress man, +def -res is a shithouse IV

if these coins do reroll IV I'm going to spam them on him until I get +spd or +atk

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tithin posted:

like, im happy to have a hector at last, but gently caress man, +def -res is a shithouse IV

if these coins do reroll IV I'm going to spam them on him until I get +spd or +atk

All Hectors are good.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

tithin posted:

+SPD Hector is probably his worst Boon? -RES is 2nd best Bane.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

UchihaHirou posted:

+SPD Hector is probably his worst Boon? -RES is 2nd best Bane.

Hector appreciates +SPD so he gets doubled a little less, since he's a baiting unit and Wary Fighter clashes with Armads. -RES also means it's more difficult for him to bait Reinhardt safely.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think there are that many offensively dangerous units with less than 34 speed these days (exluding brave users).

I guess the +SPD is good to not get doubled by +SPD (or Fury) Julias

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 29, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Boons/banes are generally irrelevant in pve due to inflated stats and armour units suck in arena anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd say he's much more useful as DC fodder than anything else nowadays.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

When I finally got a Hector he was +res/-atk, which is probably the second-worst possibility, and he was still awesome.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Actias posted:

When I finally got a Hector he was +res/-atk, which is probably the second-worst possibility, and he was still awesome.

Mine is +DEF/-ATK and he is also awesome

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrast posted:

+ATK Bunilla OHKOed the archer so there wasn't much strategy involved

I wasn't sure if Summer Corn could OHKO that archer (-atk...) so I tried it with the Linde/Olivia/Xander/healer team that was mentioned earlier. Did it without too much difficulty.

All I have to do now is have Narcian kill himself... does Narcian show up in the story at high enough level? Hard Narcian is enough of a bother with all those archers and mages breathing down my neck that it's hard to set up Narcian enough to kill himself. And Xander and Olivia both just instantly melt him so they're no help in softening him up. I suppose maybe Clarine could try it? Or hmm. Azama maybe. It'd still be easier to find him in story mode though.

tithin posted:

Frankly, any Hector that's not -atk is a good Hector. Even a -atk Hector is still a Hector. You're good to go. +Def means more fuel for the Bonfires!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My Hector is -atk and its virtually unnoticeable. It's still over 50 attack swinging twice.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FoolyCharged posted:

My Hector is -atk and its virtually unnoticeable. It's still over 50 attack swinging twice.

-ATK Hector has 49 ATK.

I actually have to decide whether to make my main Hector -ATK or -SPD, since they all decided to be +RES.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Making me feel better abouy my neutral hector

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's kinda tough to say which Hector IV is the best since he kinda wants everything. +RES is actually not that bad since that's 6 less damage from mages and 22 RES allows him to survive Honed Rein. -ATK is almost definitely the worst for him though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Andrast posted:

Yeah, that was a lot of fun using the mountain against Narcian instead of having it block me.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The fact that Lyn gets swift sparrow too is just loving bonkers to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Not sure which of my Hectors I should use as DC fodder for CYL Ike/Amelia. I have +ATK/-RES, +ATK/-SPD and +ATK/-HP... leaning towards getting rid of the -RES one since he's more vulnerable to Reinhardt (and other mages). I've seen people say that +SPD is actually really good on Hector, but I've been using the -SPD one so far and I've never really noticed his speed being an issue, so I think I'm going to keep the -SPD one.