Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SynthOrange posted:

Elementals are easy enough to farm up. It's swirlies you want.

Any swirlies or just the 5* ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

vulturesrow posted:

Any swirlies or just the 5* ones?

5*s are the ones needed for evolutions, and also give 100% chance of stat ups to players of the same color.

If you've got like, 4 4* Swirlies of the same color, then it could be worth shelling out the GP for one more 4* Swirly so you can evo it to a 5*.

3* Swirlies just aren't worth it.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not too concerned with +s at the moment and I can get like 2 ~ 3 5* Swirlies every 2 weeks with Boss Points so I don't really place much importance on them.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Don't shell out GP for swirlies until you've got most of your lineup set, or you're way over 1600 GP.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like it's worth it if you need it to evolve something right now.

Otherwise, you could just wait a few weeks for an even boss that has the element you need.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Abugadu posted:

Are you able to control each unique stone you get from combination by using a specific stone in the center, or is it random which of the 4 of the particular color you're using that you're going to get?
Combines of other levels just give you a random one, so most likely random. Which is kind of a pain because I want one specific unique and was grinding up level 15 stones for it until I realised I'd probably get a completely different unique that probably wouldn't be worth it until my whole team was well equipped on stones.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
There are 3 slots available in AwfulSoccerSquad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP my wallet, hopes for Baltheon.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Lucid's paid skin looks waaay too bright and pretty mediocre. Noah's looks better and is free.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lucids skin follows the trend of paying for clothes though. :v:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Next skin up will be Lilith's skiing trip and Ravian's rope emporium

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
How do you repeatedly get dimension stones? The Silla uniform looks useful, but I'm only getting one stone a week from the colosseum.

Also, I just pulled a Guinevere... is she any good for the midline?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Iunnrais posted:

How do you repeatedly get dimension stones? The Silla uniform looks useful, but I'm only getting one stone a week from the colosseum.

DStones are acquired progressing through Arena League ranks, buying crystals, end of week Coliseum rewards (1-50 depending on COD ranking).... I think that`s it.

If anything, Guin in the video spends the entire time falling or being kicked by Vitos, so I don`t know if that`s meant as joke since she`s bad or just a coincidence.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
You also get dimension shards for completing all relationship chains a characters has, and more shards (up to 9 for some) It can be tough when Legendaries or Season 2 draw-only characters are on a list, though.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bell_ posted:

You also get dimension shards for completing all relationship chains a characters has, and more shards (up to 9 for some) It can be tough when Legendaries or Season 2 draw-only characters are on a list, though.

I forgot about chains; mostly because Ravian's Chains are stupid as fk: Metatron , yeah, of course, I'll get right on that.

Oh wait... I already spent 64 million coin on her.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Iunnrais posted:

Guin can double-attack when fully evolved, and has one of the highest dribbles in the game, meaning teams break themselves attacking her if she has the ball. Good but not great active. Fits at either mid or front, and will make elemental matches simple when evolved and put at center mid.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Alittle disappointed with this patch since its the usual kinda content size while we skipped last week.

But eh the new ardor passer gets a crazy amount of bonus pass while providing up to 50% crit.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I was leveling up a rare 6* stone and it went unique at +3 and got Ermaltion my goalie can't use it. My other unique stone I also can't use woot.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I hit level 100 and got a third ancient stormer. I don't have a use for two, let alone three. I just want some dark or light ones :(

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I've got an Earths Cry I can't use, due to the only Green slot on my team belonging to Nerua. Also my Juri's got my second copy of Teranox Blood just because.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Any tips on increasing shot power? I'm at the point in pvp where I'm getting OHKO'd fairly easily and it takes me 2-4 shots with a +120 Leventor MSUP with ~42% penetration from stones, another +20 from Guin totem, and Veronica on the field somewhere to add to attack. I can't get Luka to swing a pass that averages anything better than +300, though I haven't fully superbed her yet. But my shots are comparatively awful, even against Light goalies (and sometimes especially against light goalies). Against green goalies it's far worse, getting like 200-300 damage against Black Tortoise or Jin on an indirect shot, maybe 700-800 direct.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Are the teams you're against of a similar rating? Maybe they just have more upgraded stones than you.

Make sure you're critting and crit resisting since its very strong right now.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it boils down to stones at that point, I ran into a leventor yesterday that crit my Kei for 3k damage. I wish my Sharr crit things for 3k.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

emormu posted:

There are 3 slots available in AwfulSoccerSquad.

Applied to Awfulsoccersquad as deadlypoo

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Another Lucid dupe from the free box this week. Debating max superbing my lucid or using her for super training Malcolm or Avnore.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh man I may beable to make it to champions this season, team is kinda ghetto through :v:.

Thinking of dropping Erica for Avenore with 1 superb, going to miss Lucian having that extra 40% hp and 20% defense.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I've been snapping up every Black Hole Swirly and Rainbow elemental that shows up in scout, since I just can not beat them. Is this something I'll want to keep doing even when/if my team is able to beat them reliably?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
You don't really need to scout for them unless theres a player you want to evolve asap for climbing leagues or boss matches.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I now have two people special trained to 6 star and I think I might use a whole bunch of black hole swirlies to make them higher +stats.
Also can someone let me into awfulsoccersquad? ign is DeadlyPoo

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

Fallorn posted:

I now have two people special trained to 6 star and I think I might use a whole bunch of black hole swirlies to make them higher +stats.
Also can someone let me into awfulsoccersquad? ign is DeadlyPoo

Sorry for the late response. I don't see your request. Could you try applying again?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I got into badsoccersquAD thank you for trying.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've added Tria, the 3* healer to my back row, partially to free up some points so I can evolve my front line, and partially because after doing so, I started crushing some higher level Colosseum teams. But I've noticed that in PvP, Tria's team heal drops from 60% hp to 15% hp. Anyone know why? I'm guessing they specifically nerfed her for PvP, which stinks... but is it just a nerf for her, or did they nerf all healers? I only have Tria right now, but I was hoping to replace her with a 4 or 5* healer in the future... but if they're all capped at 15% hp, I'm not sure why I'd bother.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All healing effects are only quarter powered in pvp.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stronger clerics also have a partial action bar refill attached to their team heal, which is huge. Not quite as good compared to pre heal nerf, but a few fights with Metatron players will teach you why players that gently caress with the Action Bar are considered to be extremely good.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Next question: I've finally got a natural 5* striker, Uriel. I've trained her to lvl 50, single evolved her... and her stats are still a little lower than my EE 5* Sam. Does her skill list make her better to swap Sam out, or should I wait until I can EE Uriel before benching Sam for good? I do have some stones on Sam, but not Uriel, but I don't think the stones are THAT good, such that it would push Sam so far ahead of a naked player.

For reference--

EE Sam Stats:
Pow 184, Tech 104, Vit 151, Spd 126
Dribble 271, Def 113
Steal 163, HP 343
Pass 96, Reflexes 373
Action Speed 47, Recovery 0.91
Crit 45.9%, Counter Resist 00%
Crit Dam 56%, Crit Resist 00%
Decrease Dam 9.6%, Penetrate 00%

E Uriel Stats:
Pow 175, Tech 94, Vit 135, Spd 147
Dribble 282, Def 102
Steal 172, HP 303
Pass 78, Reflexes 374
Action Speed 44, Recovery 0.65
Crit 23.7%, Counter Resist 00%
Crit Dam 85%, Crit Resist 00%
Decrease Dam 0.0%, Penetrate 00%

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Keep your best players in play as far as your cost will allow. You're not getting much by having two strikers, but even I'm using my first striker, Lucid, as a ghetto attacker by sticking her in midline because she's still fully upgraded and can murder her way through stuff.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For a striker it's all about damage. Usually. A fully evolved Uriel has the capability to refill the action bar of the entire team, which magnifies the danger level of anyone who was getting close to taking a turn.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Uriel maybe part of the korean meta, its pretty nuts watching this one legendary team beat up a team with four. Teamwide action triggers are OP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pHdtRePtI

Edit: Whelp, evolved a yama into blood of teranox. Well gently caress now Blade is going to look appealing after all I've seen of her in league.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 11, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I recently have been getting extraordinary luck evolving 6 stars into Uniques. I got Star's Tears (meh), Ermaltion (oh yeah), and Glabaris (meh). Figures that I get two of the uniques that got nerfed into virtual uselessness.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Is there something wrong with the servers? It keeps telling me my network is unstable and I can't seem to fix it.

Edit: Haha a little bit of research tells me the servers are down, that'll teach me

Bloody Pancreas fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Doin it! Making my way to champ league with abit of luck.

I'd be raking in just under 100 D.stones a month if I can hit champ league consistently and get top 5% for CoD weeklies.

And feel free to apply to BadAtSoccer, could clear out some inactives if someone wants in.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 11, 2015

• Locked thread