Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

I'd nerf the lethal blast radius of rockets so it has to be a direct hit to kill a max armor player and nerf the tracking on sticky nades.

That would be terrible and make rockets absolutely useless. You almost never hit anyone straight on, even with truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Private matches? That's pretty cool. Are they still doing skill based match making with rise of iron?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

poor life choice posted:

Private matches? That's pretty cool. Are they still doing skill based match making with rise of iron?

Sounds like they're throwing their hands in the air and saying "okay if you want to gently caress around and have fun times with different weapons just play private matches, SBMM in regular PvP is here to stay"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

limaCAT posted:

Also, are boners going to enter the MLG tournament? Tell me that boners are going to enter the MLG tournament.

theres a tournament?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Bone Krew is already planning a 3v3 tournament within the clan which will be streamed on twitch by your truly

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Sounds like they're throwing their hands in the air and saying "okay if you want to gently caress around and have fun times with different weapons just play private matches, SBMM in regular PvP is here to stay"

Ah. Still, pretty cool. Any news on if you can do like a 1v1 no items, starfox only, final destination-style customized maps or if it'll still constrain it to 3v3/6v6 games?

If there's a link with all the info that'd be dope.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The updated Take a Knee perk is going to improve accuracy, stability, ADS time, and reduce flinch

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

whats the current max light with and without doing the hard raid? can you get to the current cap by running IB again?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

tfw when you and the bros poo poo on people so hard you all Mercy out an IB match and cause 12 people to rage quit.

6 man push to own inside and just keep them out. Black Shield is loving horrible for Clash

gg Wrecks

it would have been 15/2 but i blew myself up with a truth rocket in the last second to kill someone below me :negative:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

AAB posted:

whats the current max light with and without doing the hard raid? can you get to the current cap by running IB again?

its like 4 or so

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AAB posted:

335 and you can get there whether doing the hard raid or not. without the raid, you may get hung up on needing a 335 artifact which you can get from court of oryx (guaranteed from Tier 3, random from Tier 2) or a 335 ghost (random drop from rank 5 IB or Challenge of the Elders)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poor life choice posted:

Ah. Still, pretty cool. Any news on if you can do like a 1v1 no items, starfox only, final destination-style customized maps or if it'll still constrain it to 3v3/6v6 games?

If there's a link with all the info that'd be dope.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/16/everything-you-need-to-know-about-destinys-private-matches-67432.aspx

You can control game mode, score and time limit, map, presence of vehicles, time of day because why not, and whether light levels are normalized. You can't control loadouts but everyone in the game should be able to agree to honor-system rules since you now have control over who's in and who's booted.

2 teams with between 0 and 6 players each, you can solo drop to sightsee or look for good spots.

AAB posted:

335. You can get there without raiding but it'll take longer. IB only drops items for certain slots so it won't get your overall light that high.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Roman posted:

335 and you can get there whether doing the hard raid or not. without the raid, you may get hung up on needing a 335 artifact which you can get from court of oryx (guaranteed from Tier 3, random from Tier 2) or a 335 ghost (random drop from rank 5 IB or Challenge of the Elders)

Was the difficulty of CoO increased at all? It was pretty easily soloable with a sword from what I remember.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait does that mean I can have my scooter out on Shores of Time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brine posted:

Was the difficulty of CoO increased at all? It was pretty easily soloable with a sword from what I remember.

That depends entirely on which boss you get. This week is Baby Crota which is the one you need the smartest pubbies for so you might want to get friends or try another activity.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/Nr8sLgh.gifv

wrecks getting shocklocked is the actual purpose of this gif

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Thank you Xur, for continuing being a disappointment..

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Thank you Xur, for continuing being a disappointment..

Invective is p good for PvE

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ycgjw/apparently_deej_just_confirmed_ttk_ps_exclusives/

This is kind of bullshit imo (confirmation that the TTK exotics will be PS4 exclusive until next year). Not like the Jade Rabbit is some kind of amazing gun, but it does look freakin amazin'.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
http://i.imgur.com/awKlllB.gifv

I don't know what's more hilarious, the stolen nova kills or the teammates I ran past dying to AOE grenades.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

I don't know what's more hilarious, the stolen nova kills or the teammates I ran past dying to AOE grenades.

snakin your bro's super kill is pretty pro

http://i.imgur.com/NycYpKk.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Call of Cholula posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ycgjw/apparently_deej_just_confirmed_ttk_ps_exclusives/

This is kind of bullshit imo (confirmation that the TTK exotics will be PS4 exclusive until next year). Not like the Jade Rabbit is some kind of amazing gun, but it does look freakin amazin'.

Good to know that I'm definitely not getting Zen Meteor in the next year, and most likely not for a long time after that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maybe as an act of good faith they'll just drop it in your inventory (in 2018)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

marauderthirty posted:

Good to know that I'm definitely not getting Zen Meteor in the next year, and most likely not for a long time after that.

It's cool I'm not getting it either and I have a ps4

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to get the Queenbreaker Vandal grimoire card now that the HoW events are done? Do they appear in the wild on patrol anywhere?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Kadath posted:

Is there any way to get the Queenbreaker Vandal grimoire card now that the HoW events are done? Do they appear in the wild on patrol anywhere?

I believe they still have happen in one area on Mars they kept it for one quest from variks. Don't the name of the area but it is where the rockets mcdick face strike starts.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

I believe they still have happen in one area on Mars they kept it for one quest from variks. Don't the name of the area but it is where the rockets mcdick face strike starts.

Rubicon Wastes.

Can't you get all those cards by going through the questified version of the HoW storyline?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

It's cool I'm not getting it either and I have a ps4

:thejoke:

I was counting on being able to buy it from Xur in year 3, looks like that's been delayed to Destiny 2.. If the guns even carry over, who knows how that will pan out.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has a sequel formally been announced? Or is it just largely assumed that they'll cash in with another full title in the next year or two?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

fennesz posted:

Has a sequel formally been announced? Or is it just largely assumed that they'll cash in with another full title in the next year or two?

It's announced but not revealed.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Full sequel in Fall 2017. Delayed from Fall 2016 because they didn't want to rush it like they did last time. So that's why we're getting ROI and other stuff.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I legit cant wait for private matches played 4 or so games in normal pvp with ausgoons. Laggy sweaty mess. Played about 8 games of rumble. No tlw and fusions only for for special, no heavy were the only rules.

The rumble owned because the connections didnt suck and we could actually have fun.

We got 1 good non laggy game when we dropped out of IB and into Control which makes that 1 game without red bar infestation in 6s for the week.

Gg bungie. 1/35 games this week haven't been a laggy sweaty mess in the 6v6 play list.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Did you get a 5-kill multi kill for that? If not you got robbed.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

AAB posted:

Iron banner will give you helm and chest. At rank 5, you can get any banner piece as well.

I was 325 when the banner started and now I'm 332. I have only completed the Kings Fall raid once, on easy.

Most of my good gear comes from ranking up crucible, vanguard and factions.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Veg posted:

Most of my good gear comes from ranking up crucible, vanguard and factions.

can you get 335 gear through those routes?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AAB posted:

It's caps at 330

To get higher you have to decrypt exotics and infuse or do the raid or do Iron Banner or Trials or get rare drops off strikes or I dunno some other stuff.

It doesn't matter though because the difference between 330 and 335 is like 0 so there's no reason to sweat it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

AAB posted:

Yep. If you're light level 320, you'll get like 321-323 drops from banner. Infuse those into your gear and you'll keep going up and in turn your drops get higher.

Iron banner, challenge of the elders, court of oryx and trials has been awesome for ranking up. Heroic strike playlist gives heaps of legendary engrams too but they stop being helpful to gear up at around ll300.

Also gently caress the effort to be 335, I'd have stopped at 330 if iron banner wasnt on.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

AAB posted:

Edit - every weapon I use in crucible I infused to 335 and probably 5/6 of my armor. Use Ishtar to help see what armor has good stats and what doesn't

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MarshyMcFly posted:

Did you get a 5-kill multi kill for that? If not you got robbed.

I got this from Like Smith's twitch stream

• Locked thread