Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
2016 claims another. D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
For some reason his death in RoboCop really stuck with me as a kid. I loved that sleazeball.

Gonna try to watch RoboCop and The Night Flier tonight.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Miguel Ferrer died. gently caress.

Goddamn it I loved that guy. Everyone loves him in Robocop but I always thought his best moment was the goofy "I believe in love" speech from Twin Peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww-88rwt4ms

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 19, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Nothing goofy about love.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

weekly font posted:

Meitu as the first fad of 2017 is a-ok in my book.

We need one of these things that's more Cronenbergesque.

Snak posted:

Dude I am so too old for this poo poo.

This is.. the second smart phone I've ever had. I was using a phone with a full qwerty keyboard until like, 2 years ago.

I have a flip phone.

glam rock hamhock posted:

My favorite Simpsons episode is probably Last Exit Springfield. Also good is 22 Short Films, Treehouse of Horror V, Mr Lisa Goes to Washington, Boy Scoutz n the Hood, Bart Gets Famous, both parts of Who Shot Mr. Burns, Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield and honestly too many other to bother listing. Pretty much almost any episode up until Behind the Laughter with only a few episodes being a bad answer (ad bad as the show had become, I still contend that Bart to the Future is about the worst episode of the show, only outdone by the panda rape episode)

Any time someone mentions anything even vaguely related to dental insurance all I can think is "DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces. DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces. DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces. DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces......"

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

if you were asked to perform the inauguration I don't see why you wouldn't just accept and then get up there and whip ur junk out and taunt the commander in chief

Or do a total Dead Kennedys "Pull My Strings" type thing when you get up there.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

perfect time to play Nazi Punks gently caress Off

Alternative Tentacles had a "Nazi Trumps gently caress Off" t-shirt that they can't even keep in stock. I've been trying to get one for months and every time they have more that poo poo sells out right away.

Gonz posted:

Dude was one of the greatest character actors ever. What a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEUIGt2fhE

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Due to Goon facial blindness I confused Miguel Ferrer with JK Simmons for years. I thought Miguel was just young JK since I had only really seen Ferrer in stuff from the 80s and 90s and not seen JK in anything pre-OZ. I had them both categorized as "Ooohh it´s That Guy, he's great!".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

wyoming posted:

Cape Fear also lead to that awesome episode of The Simpsons.

That episode has completely supplanted the actual Cape Fear in my mind.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That episode has completely supplanted the actual Cape Fear in my mind.

it's one of those cases like Airplane! where the work of parody has stood the test of time much better than the thing it was parodying.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Pretty much every bit in that episode is one of the best gags in the entire series. Particularly the scene where the FBI agents are trying to get Homer to respond to a different name, the "Who wants to drive through the cactus field!?" thing, and the rakes. Family Guy pretty much built itself around trying to do the rakes bit and never even came close to succeeding.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
V important: If y'all were for real judging the final rap battles in 8 Mile, where would you have Rabbit finish? I'd have him narrowly losing out to Lotto in the semis

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Since we were talking about it the other day in this thread, Traffic also has a great Miguel Ferrer performance.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CPL593H posted:

Pretty much every bit in that episode is one of the best gags in the entire series. Particularly the scene where the FBI agents are trying to get Homer to respond to a different name, the "Who wants to drive through the cactus field!?" thing, and the rakes. Family Guy pretty much built itself around trying to do the rakes bit and never even came close to succeeding.

It's shocking how many great, iconic moments classic Simpsons managed to cram into 20 minutes.

Basically any episode from seasons 7 or 8 could be my favourite, but I'll go with the perfect trilogy of "Cape Feare", "Sideshow Bob Roberts" and "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming". You could even cap it off with "Brother from Another Series" if you're into (kinda) redemption arcs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jenny Angel posted:

V important: If y'all were for real judging the final rap battles in 8 Mile, where would you have Rabbit finish? I'd have him narrowly losing out to Lotto in the semis

I'd disqualify him in the finals for going over his allotted time.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's been awful literally twice as long as it was good. It should have been cancelled when I was 15.

Is that a reference to In Flanders Fields? (beaten)
Oh yeah, I should have clarified that I was in no way referring to the full run.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

tag yourself

I'm M-----bators

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I'm so So Called Christians it hurts

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm a Rock N' Roll Freak. It rule$.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
I'm Female Enablers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Women MMA Fighters

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Coming down a little hard on mama's boys, aren't they?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I think it's really sweet that they included racists in their list. The Christian right generally doesn't worry about tha-- BLM? ... Oh.... Obama? .... oh..

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm The Pope

Or am I the AntiPope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBHfXPqbgI

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
I'm also confused. Little monsters have to obey Jesus, but not big ones?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What's their issue with Fred Savage?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really, you got to admire the composition on that sign.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think Little Monsters is a Lady Gaga reference because that's what her fans are called. Why does that guy know more about Lady Gaga than you guys?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm not sure who i am but of my options i'm going to Obey Hellfire

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The more puzzling one is "ankle biters," I only know that as slang for toddlers and Urban Dictionary backs me up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm guessing Cow Worshipers are Hindus?

Anyway, I'm the Pope.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I'm not the biggest found footage guy, but I watched Hellhouse LLC the other night and it was kinda genuinely good and scary. Kinda like The Last Broadcast meets the final segment in the first VHS with maybe some Session 9 sprinkled in.

I was also super drunk so if you go and watch it and it sucks, bourbon and I apologize.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Not real, but it could be.

It could be.

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/822223315439943680

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, if you needed another reason to love Turner Classic Movies, they're airing A Face in the Crowd tomorrow.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Devil Healer$

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Devil Healer$

God damnit I was going to take that one. Now I have read it all again...

Edit: I will be baby killers.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Devil Healer$

If you're a sincere Devil Healer acting out of the blackness of your heart and not for profit, Jesus has no beef with you.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

What if the dykes are on some other sort of vehicle? Maybe even one that doesn't rhyme? Is that okay?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

What if you're one of the Van Dykes on a motorcycle? I can't imagine Jesus being angry at Dick or Jerry. :(

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

What if you're one of the Van Dykes on a motorcycle? I can't imagine Jesus being angry at Dick or Jerry. :(

Why would a van dyke ride a motorcycle? That just doesn't make sense.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm more of an RV dyke myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Occupational Whores

I was behind the Occupy Movement.