Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Iceland announces it's intentions to begin space viking, and invites you to note both the use of viking as a verb in line with it's historical usage, and also the futility of trying to stop us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Russia feels that with the banning of anime, widespread adoption of mecha technology, the beginnings of Force powers, the beginnings of FTL technology, the renaming of many nations and the redrawing of borders of others, that this thread has gone about as far as it can go into ridiculousness.

For that reason Russia proposes that each still active nation, if they so desire, post a desired end-of-world scenario, we all vote on them, and the winner's scenario is canonically what flings us into the apocalypse.

Portugal agrees with our friend Russia on this matter.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Belgium would like to suggest that world will end in a Lovecraftian goatse.cx apocalypse where two monstrous hands arise from the aether, grab the Marianas trench, and pull earth open super wide and we all die in massive geological upheaval.

e: it also makes our Goonited Nations flag chillingly prescient.

Portugal supports this ending. We would also like end this season of Goonited Nations by affirming our undying hatred for the perfidious Nicaragua and vow to defeat it for real in the next season.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Utnied Stas delegation states the the nukes and kinetic strikes are beginning to lanf. We have lost communications with our government and most everyone outside the sandcrawler. The Star destroyers are hammering the surfcae. I ham a unpaid intern, the ambassadors are alll dead. Bye everyone

BLAM

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

The Nordic Empire reveals that all of its windmills were actually rockets created to save the Nordic peoples from the apocalypse, and in the event of the world's ending they would take in millions before leaving the Earth to its grim fate.

What will await us in amongst the stars is another story, for another time.

We favor the Goatse apocalypse, however we would make one small change. Those who survive will likely stumble upon hidden Gundam stockpiles, and will use those to annihilate what is left of earthbound humanity in a brutal civil war.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
The Glorious free Nation of Peru would like to announce our new range of Giant Space Robots, just in time for the upcoming Giant Space Robot War

We have four models, and they come in any color you want, so long as that color is "Mass Produced In China", whatever that means....

we also think that the apocalypse should be in the form of everyone being forced to listen to Ben Shapiro speak in an infinite loop until they die from the sheer cosmic terror spawned from such an eldritch horror

RYYSZLA fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 20, 2020

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

paragon1 posted:

Germany demands that the UN ignore the other, fake Germany in the room, as they are clearly delusional and should just go home.

Whoops look like I got mixed up you're Austria AKA Little Germany although if you want to pretend you're true Germany go right ahead

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Don't mix up your Austria with your Germany, kids fellow delegates! One gave us Hitler while the other gave us Bach.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

drunkenmonkeystyle posted:

We point you to our middle finger.

about 1.5 hours.

When can we book a flight fold into Uranus? How much per launch?
We have built a specialized probe, Direct Input Ladar Directed Observer, to scan Uranus to the deep core

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Germany rattles its sabers in the general direction of Austria

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

<still disheveled and chain smoking, finally smiles>

Luckily for the world, our great nation completed the construction of a device which will initiate vacuum decay. This causes a change from a false vacuum to a true, South Korean vacuum, the effects of which spread outward in a bubble at the speed of light, completely altering physics and destroying everything in the KNOWN UNIVERSE, AND THEN WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE ON THE DUMB AND BAD OTHER KOREA AND ALSO--

<red faced and sweating, sits down in his chair>

South/Best Korea votes aye.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

aka fake, bitchass Germany

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

AntherUslessPoster posted:

When can we book a flight fold into Uranus? How much per launch?
We have built a specialized probe, Direct Input Ladar Directed Observer, to scan Uranus to the deep core

You have to take us out to dinner first, that is if this whole thing is an elaborate "your anus" joke

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Albania is wondering if we're supposed to be counting votes for something

also our jedi force masters are telling us they sense a great disturbance
they're waving their lazer swords around and looking very restless and also like they have migranes, it's worrying

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
We’ll Meet Again!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Albania is wondering if we're supposed to be counting votes for something

also our jedi force masters are telling us they sense a great disturbance
they're waving their lazer swords around and looking very restless and also like they have migranes, it's worrying

You're supposed to pick the finalists for the apocalypse and then initiate voting on that.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

You're supposed to pick the finalists for the apocalypse and then initiate voting on that.

I had a busy weekend and had to skip 800 posts. Did Iceland miss anything? :ohdear:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

I had a busy weekend and had to skip 800 posts. Did Iceland miss anything? :ohdear:

By democratic vote the world is about to end.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PTSDeedly Do posted:

Germany rattles its sabers in the general direction of Austria

WE WILL BURN DOWN YOuR CITIES, SALT YOUR FIELDS, AND DRIVE ALL YOUR PEOPLE into the COLD MERCILESS MAW of the SEA

PTSDeedly Do posted:

aka fake, bitchass Germany

Well now that was just rude and uncalled for. :(

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Durr-stan has build a palace and space colosseum for gundam fights in moon. Nations are welcome to send their best mechas to fight to death in our space colosseum. The royal Durr-stan family is now living in luxury on moon waiting for better times to come.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

So, the UN, riding around in the ocean in a sand crawler, is going to actually vote for how the world ends? Sure OK this makes sense

nations, please actually second motions for how the world ends so we can have choices to vote on, k thx

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Undemocratic Republic of the Congo throws eggs at the deputy parliamentarian while cackling maniacally. It would seem she has completely lost it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

corgski posted:

Undemocratic Republic of the Congo throws eggs at the deputy parliamentarian while cackling maniacally. It would seem she has completely lost it.

A Russian aide crossing the UN floor on some task or another points at the deputy parliamentarian and cackles in broken English, "Looks like you are having of egg on face!" before continuing her duties.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In Albania, the receiving of free eggs is considered an honor. The ambassador from Albania nods somberly at this final gesture of respect from the doomed fellow ambassadors, as his attache' carefully wipes off the egg with a ceremonial cloth.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

So, the UN, riding around in the ocean in a sand crawler, is going to actually vote for how the world ends? Sure OK this makes sense

nations, please actually second motions for how the world ends so we can have choices to vote on, k thx

Of course it doesn't. Why would we start now?!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Russia already championed the goatse ending it's not my fault if you guys are slacking on putting poo poo up for vote

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The deputy parliamentarian has realized that he can personally stave off the end of the world, merely by feigning bureaucratic incompetence and failing to bring any measure to vote.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

drunkenmonkeystyle posted:

You have to take us out to dinner first, that is if this whole thing is an elaborate "your anus" joke

Well if you want we can do it this way but it was going to be different.
So, a dinner? Friday, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix restaurant is ok?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

<empties ashtray on North Korea's empty seat, then pours coffee on it>

썅놈

Who wants to play LoL while we wait

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Well if you want we can do it this way but it was going to be different.
So, a dinner? Friday, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix restaurant is ok?

Come get on our SDF-Alpha, we are preparing to leave this planet and let it all die when the Gundam AI takes over and all the kaiju and nukes kill everyone.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Belgium would like to suggest that world will end in a Lovecraftian goatse.cx apocalypse where two monstrous hands arise from the aether, grab the Marianas trench, and pull earth open super wide and we all die in massive geological upheaval.

e: it also makes our Goonited Nations flag chillingly prescient.

Belgian Panama supports its fellow Belgium in this. It also proposes that this thread end up Goldmined.

Ending slides:

Belgian Suriname and us have been inspecting St. Lucia Kitts Martin Haiti Antigua Anguilla Aruba Bahamas Belize Barbados Curacao Chile Vincent Grenada Micronesia Bermuda Marteen Montserrat Grenadines of Nevis Dominica, Turkey, Armenia as well as Trinidad and Tobago (Paul) (FUCC) really hard this last week and we have a wicked hangover and can't find the keys to the RSV Belgium Goes Wild. We just want to lie down for a bit. Oh btw, [reading from post-it] FUCC is legit, don't sanction it etc.

The waterskiing contest between us and bully country Vietnam will forever be a cliffhanger. Will we ever get our youth center back, and/or get the girl? Will Vietnam's hubris ever satisfyingly blow up in their faces?

In the end, we exchanged territorial waters with Madagascar during a steamy diplomatic session when France wasn't home, putting an end to our historical geopolitical rivalry.

Ernesta Guevaro has established long-term control over Central Ukraine, the new de facto independent state is nominally run by local Ukrainians, but as time goes on its inhabitants are gradually Flamenco-Hispanified. The people are increasingly seen digging canals while drinking quality beer and half-heartedly indulging in linguistic squabbles. The national anthem of the unrecognized state is A Message To You Russki, written by Ernesta herself as a symbolic act of defiance towards Russia and its bizarre anti-ska bigotry. Guevaro's face continues to be on the t-shirts of rebellious teenagers in Africa and Asia for decades to come. Her struggle for the rights of indigenous Europeans is seen as an inspiration.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Russia already championed the goatse ending it's not my fault if you guys are slacking on putting poo poo up for vote

And it was already seconded by Portugal.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Russia would like to go on record as saying that Ernesta, despite her intense hatred of all things Russian, is welcome to visit anytime because she has a nice smile.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Austria is a giant Austrian sized and shaped spaceship in space now.

Germany can have the giant magma crater we left behind as an apology for our harsh words.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Austria has also begun converting the asteroid belt into a fleet of mobile suits for uh, exploration. Yeah. Exploration.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Leperflesh posted:

The deputy parliamentarian has realized that he can personally stave off the end of the world, merely by feigning bureaucratic incompetence and failing to bring any measure to vote.

In a brief moment of lucidity the representative from Undemocratic Republic of the Congo proposes the Dallas ending wherein we all wake up and discover we fell asleep during a particularly boring debate on the illegal harvesting of sand from the ocean floor. It was all a dream, none of it was real. We didn't actually gently caress Russia while dividing up the Ukraine. There are no gundams. Anime is still legal. Bobby is in the shower. Tomorrow is a brand new day... or is it?

Stay tuned for Model UN 2: Goondhog Day

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I don't really understand the model UN. Can't America just veto/ignore everything as in real life? If I were the US representative couldn't I just deny visas to any member I don't like and kick them out of the high school classroom?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The North Tower posted:

I don't really understand the model UN. Can't America just veto/ignore everything as in real life? If I were the US representative couldn't I just deny visas to any member I don't like and kick them out of the high school classroom?

We're wrapping things up right now (for this iteration at least) but rules are rules. Uruguay

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Dua Lipa bout to lose her poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The Rotary International Co-diplomat of the year Q2 2020 Republic of Indonesia tables the following:

Resolution 1: That all nations agree to get along with each other

and;

Resolution 2: All nations getting along with each other, the now-redundant United Nations peaceably dissolves itself, returning the UN sand crawler to the Jawa people under United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. (a.k.a UNDRIP)

Also tabled:

The Republic of Indonesia hereby unilaterally gifts the Independent State of Papua New Guinea West Papua for generally being an all around good sport.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 21, 2020