Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

don't bother trying to deflect the topic, we can do this all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gwailar posted:

I went with the bowler instead.

Seriously, though. This thread (the last thread, actually) was useful at one point. It seems to me to have lost that usefulness. The crusaders seem unwilling to acknowledge that any progress has been made at all.

Given the changes that have happened which not so long ago seemed inconceivable, that strikes me as a sign of either bad faith or a fundamentalist approach to conflict resolution.

I had merc on reddit apologising for the anti-LGBT+ bullying in goonwaffe which led to me leaving goons. He was told that the guy came on here tripping down on the transphobia and gaslighting. Then nothing happened. Last I looked the guy is still there, and still has a shitload of roles.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Good Dumplings posted:

a "fundamentalist approach" to getting rid of a man who has been documented doing the following:

• trying to prevent the ban of a documented pedophile
  • being banned from communities in his town for sexual harassment/abusive behavior
  • stonewalling moderation because the victim of an incident is an "amber heard bitch"

you're saying that disavowing this person in the exact way this site was able to do with far fewer resources is too heavy-handed, when there is already tacit support for his return visible in both in-game messages and GSF forum posts; I'd ask if you feel that banning Mittani is too "woke" but it seems like you already answered that

1) Unpersoning Alex from SA and from GSF are not comparable tasks. Of course it took far fewer resources and less time for SA to do so. Plus, SA had nothing to lose.

2) My point isn't that Alex should be allowed to stay around. My point is that many of the people calling in this thread for Alex to be disavowed are doing so in a strident and tiresome manner that seems (to me) to ignore and refuse to acknowledge progress as a means to keep up the intensity and pressure.

Stop talking as if people who aren't doing things just as you want when you want must have bad motives. It's bad faith.

Gwailar fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 1, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwailar posted:

1) Unpersoning Alex from SA and from GSF are not comparable tasks. Of course it took far fewer resources and less time for SA to do so. Plus, SA had nothing to lose.

2) My point isn't that Alex should be allowed to seat around. My point is that many of the people calling in this thread for Alex to be disavowed are doing so in a strident and tiresome manner that seems (to me) to ignore and refuse to acknowledge process as a means to keep up the intensity and pressure.

Stop talking as if people who aren't doing things just as you want when you want must have bad motives. It's bad faith.

nah

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

idk just talk to any of them, all the directorate posts itt are pretty good where they say what the people did suck

i don't have links, but they're everywhere lmao

should be really easy to loving post one then?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ullerrm posted:

Thread can’t be redeemed, OP. Just unbookmark it and take your memories of the good times with you.

(I’m back to winning eve, but the Goosefleet folks seem cool, and I strongly suggest they make a separate thread so that the “is illum actually a bad thing, and can/should GSF redeem itself” prattle can be contained to this damned place.)

Probably the best course of action.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

That Works posted:

This is what it looks like when you have armchair middle management trying to paper over a CEO level HR crisis.

Claim everything is fixed, cast doubts on those asking for change, focus on getting back to normal without actually addressing many of the core problems, throw up the cowardly suggestion that they are unable to do anything further etc.

Yeah, 100%.

I have no axe to grind with any of you. It's a complete coincidence that I started playing as all this poo poo exploded, but given that fresh perspective, I think several of you should really step back and think about what you're doing here.

EvE is just a game, but you're still a real person and so are the people who your actions effect. If you just want to get back to the video game as quickly and quietly as possible after something like this blows up, if you treat people upset about that with arrogant indifference, you never deserved a position of authority in a video game guild or anywhere else.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

hey how is your confederate flag avatar is allowed in this thread?

Gentlemen, I am pleased to inform you all that the operation to replace Bills brain with a sack of wet mice was a stunning success

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

CainFortea posted:

He's just prepping his next victims. hth.

I have hung out around Dozer for a year or two in a non-EVE SA-sourced Discord server and so far he has demonstrated through his actions and words he's not that person anymore. He does still get tilted easy but he's better able to manage that and disengage when he recognizes it.

Like, the difference here is Dozer's either a very good actor or his efforts to be better have had some success. Compare this to Mittens who - very evidently! - was and is the same rear end in a top hat from the Wizard Hat Incident.

E: And if I turn out to be wrong, well, then I'll be wrong.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 1, 2022

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I'll concentrate all the wildly unpopular takes I can into one post:

- Atrum is a good guy
- Asher is also pretty decent
- Globby is right about the likely trajectory of Goosefleet, and the recommended corps/alliances in the OP are mostly bad for newbies. He's wrong about kd ratios though: that is not the reason.
- Those wanting Mittens banned from Goonfleet clearly misunderstand the way that WhatsApp, discord etc make corp membership and forum access sideshows. If GSF is losing badly and he wants to come back then getting his account back on gsf dot com will not be the hard part. The INN links are the key to that link, anyway.
- The biggest punishment for him would in any case to have been left ruining his life by clinging to a pathetic existence as pretend emperor of space in a silly and dying game
- I wish everyone would stop saying "carrying water" and "showing their rear end" because they're wildly overused itt

I'll balance with a blindingly obvious point of consensus:

- Bill, you unbanned Xenuria for a laugh, so stop pretending you are virtuous as a result of him using the opportunity to gently caress himself

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

Like, the difference here is Dozer's either a very good actor or his efforts to be better have had some success. Compare this to Mittens who - very evidently! - was and is the same rear end in a top hat from the Wizard Hat Incident.

I don't need to compare him to mittens. They can both be bad.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Endie posted:

- Globby is right about the likely trajectory of Goosefleet, and the recommended corps/alliances in the OP are mostly bad for newbies. He's wrong about kd ratios though: that is not the reason.

:nallears:

Do enlighten me, oh agéd third-party. I am open to receive your wisdom.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CainFortea posted:

I don't need to compare him to mittens. They can both be bad.

dozers been cool to me. dunno him from before you guys had your incidents, but he's not bad now. as for exposing his genitalia to your peers.... send link to vid thnx

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zodium posted:

Because I know him much better than you do, globby. I’ve already explained the process, and how banning Alex stops that process in the phase where he hangs out as a professor emeritus type. Can I help further clarify it for you?

he can do that while being banned, hth

dragonshardz posted:

Our ZKB isn't empty, hth

"guys we just don't post them lol haha"

no one believes you, dead group

dragonshardz posted:

:nallears:

Do enlighten me, oh agéd third-party. I am open to receive your wisdom.

because ur group is already going through drama and all of u suck at the game lmao

SHISHKABOB posted:

what drama

scroll back a couple pages

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 1, 2022

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

he can do that while being banned, hth

"guys we just don't post them lol haha"

no one believes you, dead group

because ur group is already going through drama and all of u suck at the game lmao

what drama

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i hope no one looks at my killboard, how embarrassing

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i hope no one looks at my killboard, how embarrassing

Back when I was in FA, a guy in my corp, Thom Grimmar or something was the top loser of our whole alliance and he was drat proud of that fact.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Endie posted:

- Bill, you unbanned Xenuria for a laugh, so stop pretending you are virtuous as a result of him using the opportunity to gently caress himself

This is slightly incorrect or not really the way you are implying it, here lemme explain:

I have watched Xenuria egotistically debate people (he's tried a number of times to initiate arguments with me in the past) and recognized pretty early on how over-confident and self absorbed he is. I also knew he was wanting to combat an oldschool SA poster Hezzy, and from a brief review of Hezzy's posting history, I made the assumption that it would probably be an entertaining back and forth. I also assumed Xenuria would try his standard "breadcrumb trickle" argument strategy where he attempts to guide someone down a path for what he believes is some epic "I HAVE CAUGHT YOU, now here's the super juxtapose MeGaPwN gotcha play!". From what I gathered lurking on the SA EVE thread(s) I came to the conclusion that Xenuria's dumbshit gimmick had a high probability of failing against someone the likes of Hezzy, and the result would probably be pretty funny.

However, I in no way expected that level of "holy poo poo did he really just do that?!" failure.

Also I didn't unban him, I forwarded the request on to Redline and said "do with this information what you want" which resulted in Redline unbanning him.

I wasn't posting that snippet as a "I'M THE VRITUOUS MAN ON MY HORSE", I was posting it because of his comment at the end although I think somewhere in one of these threads I took more credit than I should have to be funny. I think I even edited it to include the zoomed in version highlighting said comment b/c it's loving gold mine.

Also, Endie, I don't really think that box you stand on is as high as you think it is, there is stink of irony emanating from that trail of lifeless carcasses behind your hover-round as well.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 1, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

- I wish everyone would stop saying "carrying water" because they're wildly overused itt

ill use what i want when i want you scottish hussy

bill your shield of vacuousness is as thick as dbrb's

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

FirstnameLastname posted:

I got banned for an admittedly rude, and poorly worded analogy about mittani that was right.

Also, for being right that there was a clear need to address what was at minimum a pattern of systemically ignored harassment, abuse, sexual abuse or a fuckup so bad it functioned & looked exactly like one and saying don't touch my post about this problem, fix the problem, and that this is necessary because clearly the available channels do not work or exist - my one mistake was I'd closed the window where i was begging mittani to take this seriously & didn't post it in the same post

In my own thread in a forum that had no rules. Lol.

Did xttz actually see the stuff go down when it went down?
I can see how if you didn't see the way it kind of simmered for a few days as people were trying to get folks to do anything, it could look like an out of nowhere blowup & people being unreasonable and refusing to talk and just trying to tear poo poo down

Dalael posted:

1- For leadership to publicly disavow Mittani.
2- For leadership to state plain simply: this is what Mittani did wrong.

For what it's worth I've played EVE for about one year (2020, obviously) out of the last six or so. I resubbed the same day I was given the exec corp. Most of the last few weeks have been spent catching up on the details of recent events. That included a "fun" exercise on what actually went wrong behind the scenes with mittani/xenuria because it's something that should not be allowed to occur again.
Of course Mittani's actions weren't acceptable - as a direct result I'm back in this dumb dying game because GSF needs to follow through on being a place where every member feels safe & welcome. Sadly I don't have the same amount of free time for space MMOs that I used to, but genuine changes have happened and will continue to happen.

This week I'm only checking here once a day and can't respond to everyone, so don't all @ me at once to explain how monstrous I am. Maybe take turns or something.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

zkb, enjoy: https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98658625/

also lmao what fuckin' drama you blithering loving twit

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

scroll back a couple pages

yeah dont see anything

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

"wow this group that literally is brand new isn't racking up massive kill counts on day 1"

Please gently caress off globby and stop trying to start dumb fights over poo poo you know literally nothing about.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stop quoting Globby, if they won't ban his rear end at least stop quoting him so he gets around the ignore list

Bigbillthaboss posted:

However, I in no way expected that level of "holy poo poo did he really just do that?!" failure.

Also I didn't unban him, I forwarded the request on to Redline and said "do with this information what you want" which resulted in Redline unbanning him.

So you forwarded the request rather than stopping it dead in its tracks, and you can't claim that you were doing so to puppeteer his self immolation?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 1, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

thread was posted on jul 18

first recorded thing on zkb is july 23

corp is literally less than a month old as a functional organization so gently caress off with your fearmongering, idiots

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

No you see this corp that was created back in 2020 as a joke for me and a couple toilet eve friends to park our mains in while we continued to win 2L eve should have had elite afk freighter kills from day one.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Sarmhan posted:

grrr globby

I think, but I might be wrong, he's just highlighting how a number of active posters in here (but not all!) are posting about 'things' and 'stuff' as if they were heavily involved with the EVE community and EVE organizations for, what is seemingly implied, a long time but in fact barely play the game. It seems as if he's highlighting the ironies or hypocrisies riddled in many of the posts, for example, comments about how spaceship guilds should be run when in fact they have realistically spent very little time in organized space groups.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Anyway so long and thanks for all the isk.

don't kill me it's a joke

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I think, but I might be wrong, he's just highlighting how a number of active posters in here (but not all!) are posting about 'things' and 'stuff' as if they were heavily involved with the EVE community and EVE organizations for, what is seemingly implied, a long time but in fact barely play the game. It seems as if he's highlighting the ironies or hypocrisies riddled in many of the posts, for example, comments about how spaceship guilds should be run when in fact they have realistically spent very little time in organized space groups.

yeah i said this dozens of posts ago, but they're too dumb so you gotta hit them with the simpler "u r t3h suxx0rz"

Sarmhan posted:

"wow this group that literally is brand new isn't racking up massive kill counts on day 1"

Please gently caress off globby and stop trying to start dumb fights over poo poo you know literally nothing about.

:ironicat:

dragonshardz posted:

zkb, enjoy: https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98658625/

also lmao what fuckin' drama you blithering loving twit

wow good job you guys killed some ventures today lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bigbillthaboss posted:

same

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

corgski posted:

Anyway so long and thanks for all the isk.

don't kill me it's a joke

Jokes on you I already got reimbursed for all the poo poo I hauled in for the corp.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

i'm gay

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

so is it called 2 liter eve because instead of playing while sitting on the toilet it's played while pissing into a 2 liter bottle?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

BigPaddy posted:

Jokes on you I already got reimbursed for all the poo poo I hauled in for the corp.

how many posts were you able to fit in a standard industrial?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Im gay+1

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

corgski posted:

No you see this corp that was created back in 2020 as a joke for me and a couple toilet eve friends to park our mains in while we continued to win 2L eve should have had elite afk freighter kills from day one.

I can't see it and I don't want to see it, but I'm tickled pink by self-styled :airquote: goons :airquote: getting unironically, sincerely serious over pages and pages about kill performance in a video game guild in 2022

The fact that this is all over some "schism" but they can't leave the "schism" forum alone is only the side plot of the absolute banger that this Chuck Tingle novel is turning out to be.

"Heave Online: Tied And Tortured By The Physical Manifestation Of My Own Guilt And Subsequent Desire To Seek Approval Of Moralistic Posters On Something Awful Dot Com"

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Sarmhan posted:

Im gay+1

Im gay+2

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

+1 for adding Goonswarm Federation back into the OP since the problem parties are no longer relevant in the organization, and the mechanism to handle issues is improved and fixed

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

xtothez posted:

For what it's worth I've played EVE for about one year (2020, obviously) out of the last six or so. I resubbed the same day I was given the exec corp. Most of the last few weeks have been spent catching up on the details of recent events. That included a "fun" exercise on what actually went wrong behind the scenes with mittani/xenuria because it's something that should not be allowed to occur again.
Of course Mittani's actions weren't acceptable - as a direct result I'm back in this dumb dying game because GSF needs to follow through on being a place where every member feels safe & welcome. Sadly I don't have the same amount of free time for space MMOs that I used to, but genuine changes have happened and will continue to happen.

This week I'm only checking here once a day and can't respond to everyone, so don't all @ me at once to explain how monstrous I am. Maybe take turns or something.

hey if youre serious about getting caught up id read the goldmined thread and not just rely on the opinions of the directorate
if you actually read the whole thing, the case for "banning and disavowing mittens by stating what he actually did and that defending him will not be tolerated" makes itself
given that we had a policy of banning people for pushing alternate CSM ballots, i dont think its unreasonable to make it official GSF policy that posting mittani sex pest denialism will result in a blacklist

+1 for adding Goonswarm Federation back into the OP since the problem parties are no longer relevant in the organization, and the mechanism to handle issues is improved and fixed

for the like sixth time you dullard it is still relevant when directors are still claiming that its all a hoax or allegations against mittens were fabricated up to and including the loving coalition leader

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

They said they don't recruit from SA anymore, sorry.