Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It took me a while to return to my senses, even after the last death. She had maintained her dignity, I suppose. The doctor said it was likely a cyanide capsule that had done it. I don’t know who she was, but her passing seemed to being an end to the violence. For that I will be forever grateful for her choice.

Wins, Charlotte, scum jailor took her own life D10.

We pulled into Seattle shortly after. The skeleton crew that remained on the ship said little and feigned misunderstanding when the men in suits came. I felt compelled to be truthful with them, and after a day’s worth of questioning, was released along with the doctor, the Frenchman, and the man that had to shot the madman. I am grateful for the chance to see my family again, but when I think of all those that will not, it is almost too much to bear.

I will carry their memory with me for the rest of my life. I will see and feel the lightning in my dreams.

Sailor Dave, Albert, town doctor, Josef, Murat, vanilla town, and all deceased TOWN players have won the game!

~~~

<“I found a man willing to purchase the items. I don’t care for his prices but at least he speaks something close enough to barter with.”

“I don’t think New France extended to this coast, Auguste. We’re probably lucky to find anything.”

“We’re lucky to be rid of these things. I haven’t slept soundly since the boat.”>

Hal and Nep achieved their win condition!

~~~
CONFIDENTIAL

REPORT: HEBI MARU INCIDENT

Agents recovered the body of the woman described in survivor’s accounts and confirmed the presence of cyanide. Based on the papers collected in her cabin, it seems that she and her cohort were German agents. What purpose they had on the ship is unknown, though based on our sources in England, it seems the UK had its own cell aboard the ship. Troubling that we were excluded from whatever operation they might have been conducting.

We’ve confiscated the ship while we look into some of the more…colorful claims from the survivors. The crew is playing dumb, and there’s nothing we can really do to hold them.

We have not been able to locate the corpse of the “madman.” One must assume it was lost to the sea.

Will issue further reports as necessary.

Maerlyn and Gaspy achieved their win conditions!

~~~

“I knew you were the man for the job. Well done.”

“I still don’t understand why you needed me there when all you wanted was an observer.”

“Not to be rude, but you don’t need to understand. You’ll find a bonus enclosed for you.”

A pause.

“Tell me about the lightning.”

Jen achieved her win condition.

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks for playing, everyone.

Scum had a tough road but I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Great game, taste! Really enjoyed the flavor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yay! Scum did pretty good, actually

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A special shout-out to those players who added to the game considerably with their flavor contributions :)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Really fun game and really fun setup!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

t a s t e posted:

A special shout-out to those players who added to the game considerably with their flavor contributions :)

*faints*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The flavor for this was really cool - did you come up with it yourself, or is it adapted from something else?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also I am so pissed that I didn't get to do my flavor-claim sleuthing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
G g

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

frik that was brilliant. thank you so much taste :D

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sick. Thanks for the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

death cob for cutie posted:

The flavor for this was really cool - did you come up with it yourself, or is it adapted from something else?

I came up with it, though it takes inspiration from a few things. Glad you liked it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks taste, that was fun and bowmore and nep-nep were great partners. All glory to nep-nep, bowmore and I would probably still be on the boat. I enjoyed my time on the Obra DinnHebi Maru. Great attempt at the end wins!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
This game was fun and I really enjoyed it thank you taste.

Good work wins you really had me guessing in what was a super tough position for you. The lightning plays were brilliant.

I'm glad one of the only people who didn't die was the guy effectively doomed to die by flavor, thank you goons for respecting the irony.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thanks taste, that was fun and bowmore and nep-nep were great partners. All glory to nep-nep, bowmore and I would probably still be on the boat. I enjoyed my time on the Obra DinnHebi Maru. Great attempt at the end wins!

Hey Hal I just want to apologize - I didn't see that you were 3P and I felt bad trying to edge you out. I did think you were on the opposing scum team when I tried to hail Mary execute you, I wouldn't think it sporting to torpedo your odds without any benefit to myself, and I'm sorry for going for you there.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

This game was fun and I really enjoyed it thank you taste.

Good work wins you really had me guessing in what was a super tough position for you. The lightning plays were brilliant.

I'm glad one of the only people who didn't die was the guy effectively doomed to die by flavor, thank you goons for respecting the irony.
I knew that I couldn't trigger the lightning on the 2nd day, but I figured it'd give me some town cred, glad it did! You played very, very well for someone in their first game. Please stick around!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

Also I am so pissed that I didn't get to do my flavor-claim sleuthing

What were you going to do? I just wanted to get that sweet, sweet achievement for a double kill in a single post.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wins32767 posted:

What were you going to do? I just wanted to get that sweet, sweet achievement for a double kill in a single post.

I mean I would have still had to convince everyone, and you easily could have lied, but I realized by D5 (I think) that all the flipped scum had Anglo/Germanic names and all the flipped town, broadly speaking, did not

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

A letter home posted:

My dearest family,

It is with a heavy heart that I write to you, to tell you of the tragic loss of a fellow sailor aboard our ship, the Hebi Maru. His name was Mikhael, a Russian sailor with a heart of gold and a smile that could light up the darkest of nights.

Yesterday, as we were crossing the treacherous waters of the Pacific, a strange and ominous storm cloud appeared on the horizon. At first, we thought nothing of it, but as it drew closer, we began to feel a sense of unease. The air grew thick and heavy, and the wind howled like a banshee.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck our ship, and we were all thrown to the ground. When we got back up, we saw that Mikhael had been struck by the lightning bolt. His body was motionless, and we knew at once that he was gone.

We are all in a state of shock and disbelief. How could this have happened? Mikhael was a good man, and he didn't deserve to die like this. We will never forget him, and we will honor his memory by being the best sailors we can be.

Please, my family, keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. The sea can be a dangerous place, and we never know what fate has in store for us.

With love and respect,

Your devoted son.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I feel this was probably my best game ever.

It was a blast to follow thanks for running it.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

I feel this was probably my best game ever.

It was a blast to follow thanks for running it.

I won’t vig you out of the gate again for like a while lol

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
This was ridiculously fun thank you!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
##bless Monathin

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

##bless Monathin

Maer achieved her wincon but I avenged you, buddy

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway taste this game loving ruled, gonna be thinking about this one for a while. Thank you for running!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for the game! It was a lot of fun to follow

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Binus I wish schwinn had shot lamp instead but sometimes its just your turn to explode in a cloud of viscera and blood, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Diqnol posted:

Binus I wish schwinn had shot lamp instead but sometimes its just your turn to explode in a cloud of viscera and blood, you know?
ehhh and deprive me of my slow awkward demise?? noooo