Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He just needed a scandal so that he could run away with his tail between his legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure if this a real thing or not, but there's this:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2024-01-10/matthew-stafford-jersey-ban-lions-rams-playoff-game-detroit-wife-kelly

Who the hell knows.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 11, 2024

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Considering @thedetroitline is a "lifestyle brand." I'm going to say that they created this to drum up publicity for their "brand."

TheDline Twitter posted:

]Lifstyle brand supporting Detroit! Creators of #DetroitRams and #SecondDeck. No affiliation with trademarks or teams. Artwork © TheDLine, LLC. Online Store

There's nothing from Ford Field about it being banned, and the only place doing so is a bar.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1745353609263669327?t=RPfKgtWzcZUtVV6CmjcSow&s=19

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGNL6GRCFg

i miss him already

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Who's going to chew the gum on Sundays now? :(

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nervous posted:

Who's going to chew the gum on Sundays now? :(

You must take up the mantle. Go to every game and throw chunks of chewed up gum everywhere.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mustached Demon posted:

You must take up the mantle. Go to every game and throw chunks of chewed up gum everywhere.

Anyone have contacts at a gum company? I've got a promotional idea.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:3:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nervous posted:

Anyone have contacts at a gum company? I've got a promotional idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/10/business/fruit-stripe-gum-discontinued/index.html

coincidence? investigate???

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/HustleChillson/status/1745608309384810825?t=3HoN5yJCYdl0Fh8dm-4KAQ&s=19

Riq Woolen too busy playing modded Mortal Kombat instead of working on his tackling.

Kyler Murray nods in agreement.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

its all nice on rice posted:

Considering @thedetroitline is a "lifestyle brand." I'm going to say that they created this to drum up publicity for their "brand."

There's nothing from Ford Field about it being banned, and the only place doing so is a bar.

Ok. I assumed it was bullshit.

Thanks for the validated update.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Ok. I assumed it was bullshit.

Thanks for the validated update.

Yeah Detroit fans were absolutely ecstatic when the Stafford Rams won the Super Bowl, I can't imagine them having hard feelings about this game.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I've been a big fan of Stafford's since his Mic'd Up episode back in his rookie season.
I've been low-key pulling for the Lions to have some post-season success since Sanders was still playing.

I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the game, whoever wins is gonna lose to my Niners anyway.

Here's the Mic'd Up clip. You just have to respect the man for that,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

e. I'd forgotten that the game-winning TD was on an untimed down because of pass interference in the end zone.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 12, 2024

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah Detroit fans were absolutely ecstatic when the Stafford Rams won the Super Bowl, I can't imagine them having hard feelings about this game.

It'd be really stupid too, Stafford was a highlight player during like 12 seasons of the bad times. After Megatron and Barry Sanders jerseys, I would bet that Stafford is the next most popular jersey in Detroit. It'd be insane disrespect to a super popular and the fans who grew up with him as one of the few bright spots on the team.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gully Foyle posted:

It'd be really stupid too, Stafford was a highlight player during like 12 seasons of the bad times. After Megatron and Barry Sanders jerseys, I would bet that Stafford is the next most popular jersey in Detroit. It'd be insane disrespect to a super popular and the fans who grew up with him as one of the few bright spots on the team.

Both points I agree with 100%. However I understand that a lions fan wearing a lions Stafford jersey to this game would be a bit odd, though.

Edit: I have seen this before, but I didn't realize that was his rookie year.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 13, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Doesn't look like flacco will get a shot at torching the niners this year.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

Doesn't look like flacco will get a shot at torching the niners this year.

Thank you Texans for getting rid of the Browns. Now if someone can take out the Ravens it would be an even better postseason.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

trilljester posted:

Thank you Texans for getting rid of the Browns. Now if someone can take out the Ravens it would be an even better postseason.

Just have two more AFC north losses to go.

Also, it would be kinda cool if the niners play Green Bay and then Detroit. Going 6-0 against the 6 other playoff teams would be kinda cool.

Last week doesn't count due to it being a preseason game at the end of the year. If it mattered you know the niners would have blown the rams out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Well whoever they play next week I hope the niners establish the run and earn the right to another home game.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
My cat Bug wants to know when the Niners are going to play next week. I'm saying they throw them into the night game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

trilljester posted:

My cat Bug wants to know when the Niners are going to play next week. I'm saying they throw them into the night game.

Your cat - who is obviously awesome - looks either high or drunk. Confirm/deny.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No matter who the niners play, their opponent is going to get 1 less day of rest. Because whoever wins on Monday plays next Sunday, but if one of the road teams wins today, they will play on Saturday next week. And the niners will play the lowest seed left.

Doesn't fully make up for the rest disadvantage during the year but it's a nice bonus. Hopefully no injuries, but I wouldn't frown if they got to walk into the Super Bowl like the Eagles did last year: fraudulent Giants team then a team with no QB.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You're a gimmick account, right?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lifespan posted:

This would explain so much

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Lifespan posted:

Is whining a gimmick?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Black Lighter posted:

Is whining a gimmick?

Most Seahawks fans seem to think it’s content.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Baron In-N-Out

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao cowboys.

edit: 3 slants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyMQX0951E

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 15, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Slant sure is a great route. If one slant is great, then...I have a genius idea!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Slant sure is a great route. If one slant is great, then...I have a genius idea!

Have two receivers act like they're running slants but they're really opening a hole in the secondary for a running back coming up the A gap?

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Lol cowboys

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

please take dan quinn out of HC consideration jody thanks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think all of us NFC West fans can come together and enjoy this image:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think all of us NFC West fans can come together and enjoy this image:

Thank you - I enjoyed this content

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We are absolutely gonna hire Dan Quinn and it's going to be hilariously awful.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Good Lord it keeps getting better. Unless this results in hiring Dan Quinn sooner then it is worse.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
So Niners against the Packers next weekend. Will it be Saturday or Sunday primetime?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

trilljester posted:

So Niners against the Packers next weekend. Will it be Saturday or Sunday primetime?

I assume it's Sunday so the Packers won't have to be on short rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
On the one hand, I'm disappointed that the 49ers won't be able to end the Cowboy's hopes again.

On the other, lmao Cowboys. I hope Deebo sends Parsons some tickets to the game next week :allears: