Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

lets go swimming posted:

what's under the sink tho

A bunch of cleaners and cleansers and poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

lets go swimming posted:

what's under the sink tho

One night in my friend's university place, a pile of his own poo poo as he somehow decided to take a dump there one night when very drunk

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Worse I've done is piss in a washing machine. While drunk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Starbucks posted:

That ain’t no small hole, that there is a sinkhole.

As for driving in, I find in supermarkets if you are doing the big shop there isn’t really a way to get to the boot without driving into the spot - but it does make it harder to drive out of.

Other than that I reverse park, pretty simple to do.

I think I was the first batch of drivers where reverse into a bay was one of the four maneuvers you had to do. Also gently caress reversing around a corner, I could never do that. Probably still can't

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Used to watch the old bloke next door reverse around the corner like twice a day. I don't know why he didn't just park the other way round.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My road developed a sinkhole in lockdown, and watching it grow became the literal highlight of my permitted one hour a day outside. The workmen literally just filled in the hole which of course didn't fix the underlying probelm, so the sinkhole kept reappearing, bigger and bigger. I still don't trust that bit of road.

I can't drive so I have no opinions about front parking. Under my sink are cleaning products, bin bags, and a small pool of water my washing machine has pissed on the floor.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fridge corn posted:

Worse I've done is piss in a washing machine.

Lady Demelza posted:

my washing machine has pissed on the floor.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the cycle of piss...

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fridge corn posted:

Worse I've done is piss in a washing machine. While drunk

I tried to make angel delight in a washing machine

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

no it's not a euphemism

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the cycle of piss...

My least favourite washing machine cycle

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My washing machine has two separate buttons represented by identical t-shirt icons, one for wash duration and the other for drying. It deserves to be pissed in

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My washing machine has a child lock which applies to all buttons except the off button :bravo:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That's probably a good idea for if they put their sibling or dog into the machine and somehow manage to turn it on tho

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

kecske posted:

I tried to make angel delight in a washing machine

OK I have questions but I don't know how to phrase any of them without implying this is madness.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

It's reasonably common here for old mineshafts to open up in gardens and roads. One of the more recent ones took over 800t of material to fill before reinforcing and resurfacing. There are also a few derelict houses around that are unliveable, unsellable and also considered too dangerous to demolish because of subsidence from old mineshafts. I actively avoid looking at any old maps or information that shows how many (known) mine workings are in the ground under my feet

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sat on an a380. Nice and roomy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Me and a friend got upgraded onto business class on an Emirates A380 once and it was loving brilliant but ruined all flying for me afterwards. Also it was only a short sub-3 hour flight between Hong Kong and Bangkok so nowhere near enough time to enjoy everything.

Even the economy on Emirates A380 is lovely though TBF. Also such bizarre planes to fly on, you can barely feel them take off or accelerate because of the inertia I guess. Very smooth.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

fridge corn posted:

An peculiare name for an gentlemanne

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the A380 connects the Torbay area of South-West England to the Devon Expressway

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

kecske posted:

the A380 connects the Torbay area of South-West England to the Devon Expressway

these euphemisms are getting more and more obscure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

fridge corn posted:

Boeing won't stand for this rip

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Roomy because all the other passengers have been explosively decompressed over the Channel

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Salisbury Snape posted:

It's reasonably common here for old mineshafts to open up in gardens and roads. One of the more recent ones took over 800t of material to fill before reinforcing and resurfacing. There are also a few derelict houses around that are unliveable, unsellable and also considered too dangerous to demolish because of subsidence from old mineshafts. I actively avoid looking at any old maps or information that shows how many (known) mine workings are in the ground under my feet

There's one under my feet right now! But it's far enough down that the house survey said it would be fine.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

This is reasonably close by and is terrifying.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Tag yourself I'm Tolgus Shaft

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

el dingo posted:

Tag yourself I'm Tolgus Shaft

The Black Private Dick that's a sex machine to all the chicks?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what is a tolgus and what does that picture mean

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mein schaft

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what is a tolgus and what does that picture mean

It's a map of known shafts and adits under the edge of Camborne/Redruth. Tolgus is the name of one of the shafts

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just in:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Back in blighty

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I've had a stupid ceramic bird house sitting on the wall outside my house for like a decade, my brother made it in some pottery class. It's shaped and painted like a childs drawing of a bird house, and it weighs like, eight kilos.

I was hanging out the washing earlier and I realised, some stupid birds have moved into it and had babies in there! Don't live in there, bird, it's a terrible idea!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
section 21 those freeloading birds

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I haven't posted in here today so I've just dropped by to say I had a very nice day watching my son play cricket.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Lovely day for cricket

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I had five hours of encouraging yelling outside due to the Hackney Half Marathon, mostly over by my afternoon nap time thankfully

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Captain Fargle posted:

Hey folks. I'm doing to be doing little monthly status updates here about the state of the UK Fund.

Here's the nice little graph our treasurer put together for the month of April. Thankfully we're not in nearly as tight a situation as we were the last time I did this.

On that note, I'd like to take a moment to talk about what the fund does and how it's been providing for people who need help. In this case: myself. I am severely disabled. I am autistic. I've never been able to work or truly live independently without a carer and have been on disability benefits my entire adult life. I suffer from panic attacks, intense difficulty sleeping, chronic migraines and severe sensory processing issues as complications from that autism. In order to help manage this I have a set of powerful noise cancelling headphones as a disability aid that I wear whenever I'm outdoors. I'm only able to leave my house as often as I do and enjoy the quality of life I have (ie: Not being a total shut-in) because I have them. I've got the ones that I do because the fund helped me during lockdown when I was at a severe low point and struggling to replace my previous second hand pair that had finally worn out. (If a committee member like myself applies we're automatically recused from the voting and our treasurer steps in instead to vote in our place. This is also declared in the public record of activities to make sure everything stays fair and we can't just vote to give ourselves money or avoid scrutiny.)

Anyway.

Last month I was assaulted and mugged outside McDonald's. Several people who turned out to be joyriding in a stolen car shouted homophobic abuse at me before jumping out of it, knocking me down, breaking my glasses and stealing the headphones I've been talking about. This turned into a severe panic attack in the carpark as some other customers who'd seen it called the police and before it was even over, as I was still sending frantic messages asking for help, the other members of the fund immediately pulled together to place and vote through a request on my behalf. Before I'd even made it home or even stopped crying and could properly ask for assistance, they'd already ordered a replacement pair (Which I absolutely could not afford) and arranged for the fastest possible delivery.

I can't possibly tell you just how much it all means to me and it couldn't have happened if everyone hadn't been so incredibly kind and loving generous with their donations. Y'all have made such a massive, massive difference for me during one of the most difficult times of my life and I think I'm far from the only person who's come to us for help who feels that way, even if they might not want to talk about it publically.

Thank you. Sincerely. Thank you all for making it possible.

As a fellow autist with mobility issues I just wanna say hi, hope you're ok. Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope they fall in front of a bus the next time they leave their houses.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm at w**k and not happy about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
W**kin’ nine to five, what a way to make a livin’