Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Jazzhand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Bonk posted:

BLR is great when they show onscreen dialogue, but I get annoyed when they wedge in a bunch of lines we don't see anyone actually saying just for a random string of nonsense words. It happens a few times in the first minute, then Jamie's not even shown speaking the line "That's Aztec for lazy farmer" at all, so why is it there? Don't get me wrong, their material is great most of the time, but they've been getting pretty lax with not reading lips, considering it's bad lip reading.

Yeah I agree with this entirely. It's like they just want to make up stupid lines they think are really funny but they're not part of what makes it actually funny.

Still, better voices than Dotrice's.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I hope they were going for a parody of modern comedies' overuse of zany characters saying totally random nonsense.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I won't lie to you, I really felt like I was watching a deeply incestuous Community or Parks and Rec highlight vid. There seemed to be running jokes I wasn't in on, plenty of hipstery jokes, and everyone's a pervert.

Still funny, though.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

There seemed to be running jokes I wasn't in on, plenty of hipstery jokes, and everyone's a pervert.

Still funny, though.
A fair reaction to this thread.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What? No, a fair reaction to this thread is spraining your wrist through chronic masturbation while vomiting onto your crotch. :confused:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Urdnot Fire posted:

:supaburn:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

This is the Red Wedding of one liners.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Aurain posted:

This is the Red Wedding of one liners.

Who's getting stabbed in the baby? It ain't a wedding without a baby stabbin'.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

The teaser for season 4 just got released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

The only good part about that is the link to the Talking Dead one.
(Nothing could make GoT worthwhile)

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

brakeless posted:

Who's getting stabbed in the baby? It ain't a wedding without a baby stabbin'.

Man, I can't believe I missed that Fat Walda was pregnant at the end of Dance. Poor girl.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Fat Walda is actually secretly a mastermind and going to be the boss of da north

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

jsoh posted:

Fat Walda is actually secretly a mastermind and going to be the boss of da north

She's actually three regular-sized secret Targaryens in a dress.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The TVIV thread's insistance on calling Joff's wedding The Purple Wedding is the most :psyduck: thing.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It fits Sansa's wedding much better, too, given the color of Tyrion's bulbous manhood.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

The TVIV thread's insistance on calling Joff's wedding The Purple Wedding is the most :psyduck: thing.

It's not like it's some quirk of the site. It's a widespread fan term. Even GRRM calls it that sometimes.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Uh, they didn't start it.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Purple_Wedding

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I know they didn't, but I have never heard it referred to as such until said thread started talking about it. It's just a terrible name in general, as most fanwanky names tend to be.

e: http://carboncostume.com/george-r-r-martin/

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 21, 2013

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Purple Wedding is a really dumb name.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

The Purple Wedding is a really dumb name.

Trying to think of more dumb names in this series, can't think of any at the moment.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Dany and the berries, referred to hereafter as the brown wedding, will have a lasting impact on the series and its legacy.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Diarrhea of the Dragon.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Trying to think of more dumb names in this series, can't think of any at the moment.
Pick anyone from Meereen.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

In It For The Tank posted:

It's not like it's some quirk of the site. It's a widespread fan term. Even GRRM calls it that sometimes.

It's also that they're inadvertantly spoilering themselves and if they knew they would run amock, tearing out tongues and eyes, screaming about the evil devils tormenting them with their sssssspoilerrrrrrs.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
It's been some months since I finished the series and I've come to terms with what I truly spent my time reading. It is an long drawn out epic of a nerd's extreme infatuation. You see, Daenerys is the main character and the love interest of the author. The song is really about how highly he placed this woman in his mind, where everyone else in life seemed trivial and pointless filler characters on another continent in comparison.

He was obsessed with this woman so much so, that his onesided stalkery love and affection remained even when she went through different macho dudes and made bad decisions. She was so special, she would take the world, he could do no wrong and all was instantly forgiven. But alas, the affection instantly faded the day he found out that she shat like everyone else, and no longer did the author have any interest in her. The author decided, so be it, love is dead and I will never love again. Thus is life. The end.

So, there doesn't need to be another book. The REAL story is over, the REAL ASoIaF has said everything it has to say. The author has lost his interest and infatuation with the material.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

It's been some months since I finished the series and I've come to terms with what I truly spent my time reading. It is an long drawn out epic of a nerd's extreme infatuation. You see, Daenerys is the main character and the love interest of the author. The song is really about how highly he placed this woman in his mind, where everyone else in life seemed trivial and pointless filler characters on another continent in comparison.

He was obsessed with this woman so much so, that his onesided stalkery love and affection remained even when she went through different macho dudes and made bad decisions. She was so special, she would take the world, he could do no wrong and all was instantly forgiven. But alas, the affection instantly faded the day he found out that she shat like everyone else, and no longer did the author have any interest in her. The author decided, so be it, love is dead and I will never love again. Thus is life. The end.

So, there doesn't need to be another book. The REAL story is over, the REAL ASoIaF has said everything it has to say. The author has lost his interest and infatuation with the material.

It is known.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Did you guys keep reading that Meereenese blot blog? Grrm's(HBO's) story is certainly going to be interesting if that poo poo is true, I'm kind of convinced. I think that Dany is not only the fire in ~*ice and fire*~ but she will in fact be a primary antagonist of the closing arc, along with the others. That puts her a pretty far cry from the "far away savior coming to clean up the mess" trope that she seemed to be set up as, which is pretty grrm.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jeffrey posted:

Did you guys keep reading that Meereenese blot blog? Grrm's(HBO's) story is certainly going to be interesting if that poo poo is true, I'm kind of convinced. I think that Dany is not only the fire in ~*ice and fire*~ but she will in fact be a primary antagonist of the closing arc, along with the others. That puts her a pretty far cry from the "far away savior coming to clean up the mess" trope that she seemed to be set up as, which is pretty grrm.

Link?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/

There's a bunch of stuff about John also now.

EDIT: Sorry to poo poo up the thread with all this bookposting, I'm a bad wild card. In the grrm dark future there is only pizza.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 21, 2013

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

SaviourX posted:

It's also that they're inadvertantly spoilering themselves and if they knew they would run amock, tearing out tongues and eyes, screaming about the evil devils tormenting them with their sssssspoilerrrrrrs.

It's a spoiler thread how are they spoiling themselves?

e: TIL there is a non-spoiler off season thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Pick anyone from Meereen.

Yeah, pretty much this. Despite being so unique in the setting, it's just difficult to remember their actual names. Hizdahr zo Loraq and his pet gerbil Boblazaqo or something equally stupid can go gently caress themselves. Dany's entire character was a mistake.*

E: * = Except the bits with Khal Drogo**
** = the creepy sex bits with Drogo are bad though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 22, 2013

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I could only remember the Shavepate and Dany's husband (though not his name). Looking back, it's actually not that hard, the chapters are just full of barely mentioned characters with names that kinda crumble into syllabils as soon as you try to memorize them... I can think of several characters, but not their names. Or does ANYONE remember immediately what the Yunkish leader who dies in the fighting pit is called? drat.

Is my memory racist? :saddowns:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Everyone in Yunkai is named Gazdhan.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All I know is that everyone is named after Orcs from The Elder Scrolls.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Is my memory racist? :saddowns:
That depends, do you remember things in Roy Dotrice's Missandei voice?

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Urdnot Fire posted:

That depends, do you remember things in Roy Dotrice's Missandei voice?

Please no. I'll put the lotion on this time I swear just don't make me remember that...

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Aurain posted:

Yeah, pretty much this. Despite being so unique in the setting, it's just difficult to remember their actual names. Hizdahr zo Loraq and his pet gerbil Boblazaqo or something equally stupid can go gently caress themselves. Dany's entire character was a mistake.*

E: * = Except the bits with Khal Drogo**
** = the creepy sex bits with Drogo are bad though.

A mistake as opposed to the rest of the characters which are not a putrid pile of poo poo??

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Everyone in Yunkai is named Gazdhan.

False. The harpy was named Lackluster Zack Hacker.

Torquemadras posted:

does ANYONE remember immediately what the Yunkish leader who dies in the fighting pit is called? drat.

Jeff.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Jeof

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hizak-ghro-mumblemumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

A mistake as opposed to the rest of the characters which are not a putrid pile of poo poo??

Well yeah, everyone who isn't Stannis is terrible too, but Dany is the most terrible.