Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

DevCore posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but....
If I said "ILU" to Triss but after 12+ hours of gameplay and reading some lore, I've been wanting to pursue the Yen love interest story line.
Am I boned if I made that dialogue choice? Or is there a way to get out of the Triss love story without reverting to a previous save state?

Yeah just tell Yen you love her too when the time comes. Nothing bad could happen right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Crappy Jack posted:

You can't take back a declaration like that once it's been made. Quit being such a player. ;)

Or, alternately, give it a shot and see what happens. :D

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dallan Invictus posted:

In that vein, the changelog for the 1.20 patch that's coming alongside the DLC is available and it's a doozy.

source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/736210160788475904
This is crazy. They fixed everything.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Literally 15 seconds after receiving an ancient and legendary sword from a goddess, Geralt does this with it.

That's the one thing I loved about the Witcher 1--all the crazy acrobatics and finishers. I always kept some odd third weapon equipped just to see Geralt perforate some salamandra's organs in alphabetical order.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

quote:

Fixes issue whereby Geralt's clothing was not properly restored after sex scenes.

I respectfully request that this remain unfixed.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Where is that Pig quest that everyone raves about? I've put like 100 hours into this and never found it.

Check out the village of Lurtch and join in the pig roast.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shannow posted:

Yeah, I thought this was a inentional.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Where is that Pig quest that everyone raves about? I've put like 100 hours into this and never found it.

East of hanged man's tree I think. It's on that center landmass of velen

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's also a part of free DLCs, so you may need to activate it? Not sure if it was free because of preordering, season pass or just :cdproject: .

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

East of hanged man's tree I think. It's on that center landmass of velen

I found it but the quest is bugged for me :( I'll never save them pigs

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dallan Invictus posted:

In that vein, the changelog for the 1.20 patch that's coming alongside the DLC is available and it's a doozy.

source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/736210160788475904

Sweet christ, they really did fix just about everything.
Shame that they didn't tweak trophies, at least there's a mod for that.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, that changelog was what prompted my most recent post. There's almost nothing left in the game that needs to be improved, really.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
1.20 is live for xbox one https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4lbhcv/predlc_patch_120_is_live_for_xbox_one/

I dont know if mileage is varying but I had BW preloaded already, turned on system and it installed a 2.9 gig update just now..

Got the new UI and everything, this is gonna be a fun long weekend

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Oh man, I hope it hits PC soon so I can update my mods. I'm sure they'll all break in the meantime.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://twitter.com/Marcin360/with_replies

It's definitely not supposed to be be out until the DLC is, MS screwed up.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 27, 2016

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Are there going to be new gwent cards in the expansion?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Nifft posted:

Are there going to be new gwent cards in the expansion?

An entirely new deck.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
wheres my entirely newd deck

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Voxx posted:

wheres my entirely newd deck

Surprisingly, not on :nexus: yet, but there is this: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/286/
Gwent Cards from The Witcher 1's sex card trophies.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Crappy Jack posted:

An entirely new deck.

Awesome, easy purchase decision.

Nifft fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 27, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Map of Toussaint is available to look at.

It looks about half the size of Velen, I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of places of interest and sign posts that the uploader didn't add too... tons of settlements all over the place without markers on them.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The only thing that could make The Witcher 3 100% perfect after that changelog is, if they could change my decision to buy a GOG physical copy off amazon, convert my play time, achievements, and expansion pass, all over to steam

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Man, I did the Botchling Quest with the Pellar instead of transforming it. Two hard as balls fights in a row, but the Pellar is an awesome character and when the old god started talking through him. pretty sweet.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

For the first time I sort of went through low level areas and just cleaved through unexplored markers. I inadvertently turned the peninsula south of Oxenfurt from a war-torn wasteland to a vibrant staging ground for Nilfgard. They came in, cleaned up, docked a ship, and burned all the bodies in a pyre. :wow: I had no idea the landscape would change like that if you put in the effort.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I keep dying to everything. What can I do to die less? I'm level six and pretty much every mob I encounter has a fifty percent chance of killing me, forcing a reset. I feel like I have a grasp on the movement and combat mechanics, but the game isn't purely skill-based, so I'm wondering if there's some specific places I should be spending my Ability Points to make my life easier?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I keep dying to everything. What can I do to die less? I'm level six and pretty much every mob I encounter has a fifty percent chance of killing me, forcing a reset. I feel like I have a grasp on the movement and combat mechanics, but the game isn't purely skill-based, so I'm wondering if there's some specific places I should be spending my Ability Points to make my life easier?

Don't lock on in groups, dodge like gently caress (rolling uses stamina), aard and igni are great for crowd control, stick with light attacks, deal with archers as soon as possible.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
At that low of a level you won't have access to skills that can help you in survivability much besides Alchemy that can give you some extra vitality, which will mean you get killed in maybe 3 hits instead of 2 on Death March. Getting ganged up on is a death sentence early in the game and you need to single out enemies carefully and get the first hit in when they're aware of you and starting to assemble their numbers. Also, some attacks just plain cannot be parried / blocked and you should use dodge (drowners are particularly bad for this early on and I died a lot because I thought I could block their attacks, nope). Dodging repeatedly (be careful that a double tap of dodge will just do a roll) should get you far enough away from enemies to recharge your stamina to work in a sign or two to give you the upper hand. If an enemy moves fast enough though you will basically never be able to recharge your stamina and you'll need to find a way to bait it into making an attack you can dodge.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Crank the difficulty up. Seriously. You need to train yourself to never, ever get hit. If that means dancing around 90% of the time, so be it. You can spend more time attacking once you know their patterns, but at lower difficulties where you can take 5-10 hits, you don't learn that. Once you're actually good at combat, there's very little difference in fight difficulty.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Sindai posted:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/with_replies

It's definitely not supposed to be be out until the DLC is, MS screwed up.

They should just release it so I can get started on my 2nd playthrough over the weekend.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

mainline the main quest, once you get past level 10 or so the difficulty flatlines and the game becomes braindead easy, and most experience comes from the main quest. A few levels and some Witcher gear makes a world of difference - don't play it like Dark Souls, the actual skill ceiling is very low.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Shannow posted:

For maximum player points spend ages trying to find Yen in Novigrad, give up and pop into the nearby whorehouse for a quick stress relief shag, saunter out in your undergruts and see her sitting at the table in the corner where she'd been the whole time.

I swear she gave me such a look.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I guess that would answer my follow-up question, which is: what's the ideal way to handle healing? I'm playing on the difficulty that means meditation doesn't heal me, and money is tight so food becomes pricy after awhile. I use Swallow potions primarily, but the potion penalty is a bitch and a half. It sounds like I shouldn't be healing at all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So I guess that would answer my follow-up question, which is: what's the ideal way to handle healing? I'm playing on the difficulty that means meditation doesn't heal me, and money is tight so food becomes pricy after awhile. I use Swallow potions primarily, but the potion penalty is a bitch and a half. It sounds like I shouldn't be healing at all.
I had the same worry - don't worry about it. I took the skill that slowly heals you and eventually regretted the skill point investment. You'll get into a few dicey situations in the first few hours but afterwards there are so many sources of healing it's a complete non-issue

↓ yeah the quen shield is ridiculously good. It's free healing every time you meet an enemy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You shouldn't be. The best way to heal however is the alternate charge for quen. It gives you a bubble shield that heals you with each strike it absorbs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arcsquad12 posted:

You shouldn't be. The best way to heal however is the alternate charge for quen. It gives you a bubble shield that heals you with each strike it absorbs

Food is abundant, but focus on one's with a ten second heal instead of five. There is also a horn of plenty you can earn as a reward from gaunter o'dimm that never runs out and heals super fast.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

The alternate charge? Is that a gameplay mechanic or an unlockable upgrade?

Also holy poo poo Velen is so goddamn huge. I started just exploring the map after about three hours of questing and I realized just how tiny the area I'd explored really was in compared to the whole. This whole map feels as big as Skyrim's entire world.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The best healing IMO is the Alchemy Tree's Replenishment (maybe Refreshment) talent. It heals you up to 25% max vitality every time you drink a potion.

The actual best healing is Superior White Rafford's Decoction.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The alternate charge? Is that a gameplay mechanic or an unlockable upgrade?

Also holy poo poo Velen is so goddamn huge. I started just exploring the map after about three hours of questing and I realized just how tiny the area I'd explored really was in compared to the whole. This whole map feels as big as Skyrim's entire world.
The latter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deakul posted:

Sweet christ, they really did fix just about everything.
Shame that they didn't tweak trophies, at least there's a mod for that.

no more auto unsheathing!!!! is running away possible now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Real hurthling! posted:

no more auto unsheathing!!!! is running away possible now?

Probably not, you can sheathe your weapon now, but you're still in combat.