Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm picturing something that is cheesy metal. Best thing in my music is Firewind.

https://youtu.be/8BC75iiSWsg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmBss6Q96h4

My head just goes for SMT when I think for K6BD music.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I like the little nods to physics since presumably god power from his key could have negated most of those problems but he's using pure martial arts.

The vapor trails from his speed, the fact that both feet are on the ground for traction, and punching up (in the literal sense) because of 3rd law forces.

Algid fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 12, 2020

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

YggiDee posted:

Okay, this is mostly off-topic, but does anyone else have good music recommendations for a K6BD soundtrack because I listened to Carpenter Brut and it blew my mind but also I am not musically adventurous and don't usually wander out of the pop-rock / game soundtrack areas?

The last installment of music chat began here and has some suggestions and links spread out over the next page or two. Also my below statement is just as true as ever:

team overhead smash posted:

The most royal song/music video combo is Knights of Cydonia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sBOsh-vyI

kung fu
beating the poo poo out of mooks
getting mad horny
literally stealing a god drat key
getting the poo poo kicked out of you by a big bad guy
training with a kung fu master
saving your lover
beating everyone's rear end

Edit: And let's not even get into the loving lyrics like "I'll show you a God, falls asleep on the job" or "And how can we win, when fools can be kings"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Song That Plays When You Fight Gog-Agog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLatBu--pHM

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't believe I completely overlooked the one dude being completely pasted in the last panel til now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My friends, you have saved my life.

Boring personal context
Someone brought a massive loving Bluetooth speaker into work and for various reasons I am not usually the one in control of it. These are short, repeating playlists, because for Covid reasons I am working with the same four or five chuckleheads every day for weeks. I don't want to become 'angry woman yells at cloud' but also if I hear the Slim Shady LP at max volume one more time I will stab myself. I just need something loving different and it turns out that apparently this 'Synthwave' stuff is my poo poo.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kwyndig posted:

So is Salami Dave going to have to punch each person individually in the space of a single breath or do you think he actually knows some AOE techniques that don't devastate cities and put suns out?

those are also just punching really fast and hard. Making a new sun is just punching bunch of hydrogen until it stops being lazy and starts fusing.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Solomon Dave does everything via kung fu punches and kicks: defeat his enemies, build a new sun, manage his empire, raise his children, there's a Ki Rata strike that does it better than any other way you could come up with.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Giving a recommendation to the Furi OST, which includes Carpenter Brut, Danger, among others.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Precambrian posted:

Solomon Dave does everything via kung fu punches and kicks: defeat his enemies, build a new sun, manage his empire, raise his children, there's a Ki Rata strike that does it better than any other way you could come up with.

Two Point Technique:
Indomitable Rising Souffle

Three Point Technique:
Instant Diaper Displacement Fist

Four Point Technique:
Breath of the Accountant Triune - Tax Return

Ten Point Forbidden Divine Technique:
Funny Dad Joke

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

M. Propagandalf posted:

Giving a recommendation to the Furi OST, which includes Carpenter Brut, Danger, among others.

Furi is one of the best action games of a decade of good action and the sound track is a lot of it. Waveshaper's stuff on there is unbearably good.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

insofar as a KBSD vibe goes, this comes to mind as an example of great and terrible will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zUPTPlkqDg

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Two Point Technique:
Indomitable Rising Souffle

Three Point Technique:
Instant Diaper Displacement Fist

Four Point Technique:
Breath of the Accountant Triune - Tax Return

Ten Point Forbidden Divine Technique:
Funny Dad Joke

Four Point Technique:
Titty Twister (aka Purple Nurple)

Five Point Technique:
Atomic Wedgie

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Solomon David has never changed a diaper or told a dad joke.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Solomon David has told exactly one joke, and since perfection in the field was achieved, comedy is banned within the Celestial Empire

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Citizen you are hereby sentenced to death for the high crime of improv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
any joke he may or may not have said died in the universal war and he has never joked again

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SniperWoreConverse posted:

any joke he may or may not have said died in the universal war and he has never joked again

The sole joke he ever told was proving the Ki Rata masters hadn't tempered his desire for violence.

It was a hell of a punchline.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

:aaaaa:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

poo poo, where do I sign up for this regime?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

pseudorandom name posted:

He can do it better than you can with Magical martial arts breathing bullshit

if he ever wanted to.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's impossible to be a straight white male stand-up comedian on college campuses in the celestial empire nowadays

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Starting to see exactly why Salami Dave thinks he can take on Jagganoth.

Edit: also he absolutely changed diapers and told dad jokes back with his original family, he was just A Dude at that point.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Two Point Technique: You Are A Disappointment To My Legacy is the only fatherhood technique Dave has ever used, and his sons all grew up to be high-ranking officials in the Celestial Empire, while your so-called "emotionally healthy" sons are busy dying in a far-off satrapy. Ki Rata wins again!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really hope that when this is all over, Solomon finally breaks his composure. Just totally loses his poo poo.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pseudorandom name posted:

He used to be a fairly normal guy with normal daughters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fister Roboto posted:

I really hope that when this is all over, Solomon finally breaks his composure. Just totally loses his poo poo.

I'm hoping for a crazy rictus grin, myself.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
In fact I'm going to go one further: Solomon David doesn't tell dad jokes specifically because of all the dad jokes he told his daughters, he doesn't want some imitation of that.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

paranoid randroid posted:

Not a bad rule

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://twitter.com/6Drillion/status/1248782270057545728

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://mobile.twitter.com/6Drillion/status/1236000460118638592

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping for a crazy rictus grin, myself.

He gonna crack so hard hell creep gog out

hell crack so hard hell start tearing down his own empire brick by brick

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Oh god just full-bore Passive Aggressive Dad meltdown as he systematically dismantles everything and he doesn't even raise his voice louder than polite conversation.

"Fine, I put all this effort into a tournament for a willing heir and this is the kind of reception dad gets, huh? Thought the two suns were a good touch but no I guess nothing's good enough for you. Going to have to bring the extra sun back to the store, see if I can get a refund or store credit. Going to have to maybe talk to a manager about it. There goes my Saturday. Gonna take me all day."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hostile V posted:

Oh god just full-bore Passive Aggressive Dad meltdown as he systematically dismantles everything and he doesn't even raise his voice louder than polite conversation.

"Fine, I put all this effort into a tournament for a willing heir and this is the kind of reception dad gets, huh? Thought the two suns were a good touch but no I guess nothing's good enough for you. Going to have to bring the extra sun back to the store, see if I can get a refund or store credit. Going to have to maybe talk to a manager about it. There goes my Saturday. Gonna take me all day."

"In my day we had no Sun at all because of the Universal War, so I had to train by starlight every day. I got you two so you wouldn't have to live in the cold darkness like I did, you should be grateful".

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I would like to see one of Solomon's failsons join the pursuers. Not a failgrandson or more distant descendant, I mean a high-ranking member of some ministry or other, a beneficiary of the ultimate nepotism, just walking away from it all to join this bizarre band of murderers, because whatever's about to go down.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hostile V posted:

I'm thinking more of an active aggressive meltdown like Clark Griswold at the end of Christmas Vacation.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm thinking more of an active aggressive meltdown like Clark Griswold at the end of Christmas Vacation.

im hopeful for a full blown grimes meltdown

"oh whats that? the shape of the wheel? well I don't need to avert my eyes because I'M PREE ALLI--"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I would like to see one of Solomon's failsons join the pursuers. Not a failgrandson or more distant descendant, I mean a high-ranking member of some ministry or other, a beneficiary of the ultimate nepotism, just walking away from it all to join this bizarre band of murderers, because whatever's about to go down.

I'd say there's a solid chance of this, I think the Pursuers have picked up some fighters from every domain Allison has passed through.

I wonder if there are/will be any Gog-Agogs in there.