Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I'll be honest, that bit about having torpedoes and firing them lost me. I can justify speed boats but why the hell would they have torpedoes?

Because they're going into battle against a crazy boat!

Given the level of robots and manufacturing available here I could see them adapting speedboats into battlespeedboats in a matter of minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

RandomPauI posted:

I'll be honest, that bit about having torpedoes and firing them lost me. I can justify speed boats but why the hell would they have torpedoes?

Presumably because the speedboats are too small to mount meaningful kinetic or laser weaponry, and the distortion field would interfere with radar-guided anti-ship missiles :v:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

MikeJF posted:

Because they're going into battle against a crazy boat!

Given the level of robots and manufacturing available here I could see them adapting speedboats into battlespeedboats in a matter of minutes.
"Hah! You all thought I was daft for ordering those naval warfare templates for the fabricator. Well who's laughing now, eh? THE HEAD OF THE ROYAL ROBOT NAVY, THAT'S WHO!"

*cue 'Rule, Britannia'*

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lurdiak posted:

I know I've seen a similar disconcerting hole in the ocean before, but I can't for the life of me say where.
Was it a cube? Aliens or something taking giant cubes of water out of the ocean?

Bussamove posted:

The Robot King has a Robot Navy. Can't have a proper navy in this day and age without torpedoes! I mean come on now.
This was also my reasoning.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go with 'this is funded by the UK government and the torpedoes are part of a Ministry of Defense contract to develop better torpedoes with magic dark science'.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
yeah i'm going to guess violently destabilizing zimmytime isn't going to end well for anyone involved.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Jack whipped together a functional drone from spare parts in less than 20 minutes. I'm sure the robot kingdom has access to explosives somewhere.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ditocoaf posted:

Jack whipped together a functional drone from spare parts in less than 20 minutes. I'm sure the robot kingdom has access to explosives somewhere.

Good point, though I like the idea of the robots having their own contracts to build weapons for the MoD now that I think about it.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Elysiume posted:

I feel like Reynard is missing some teeth on the top-left of his mouth. Also his other ear maybe?

Those behind cried "forward!", while those in front cried "baaaaaaaack!".

:v:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The way things are happening in this chapter makes me feel like it actually is going to get "wrapped up" soon. Or at the very least it's headed towards a big WHAM like the two last mort chapters were. Those two chapters were basically the same thing, but the first part ended with mort goin "PLEASE TAKE ME INTO THE ETHER".

I'm feelin' this cause of the way the comic keeps jumping from scene to scene with quick jumps in the action and poo poo. It's like wham bam kablam.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
See also Spring Heeled

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm feelin' this cause of the way the comic keeps jumping from scene to scene with quick jumps in the action and poo poo. It's like wham bam kablam.

Wham bam kablam bloom crash!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned into Gunnerkrigg."

Thank you for putting that 'possibly' in, Tom, it puts my mind at ease.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Please, someone with art skills, make that Reynard.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

MikeJF posted:

"Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned into Gunnerkrigg."

Thank you for putting that 'possibly' in, Tom, it puts my mind at ease.

Gotta leave room for unexpected events.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Frankly every chapter should include speedboat jumps. It's irresponsible that they don't.

I feel like the robots are going to bust in to stop the ship, and Paz will have already had a nice conversation with it and solved the problem all peaceful-like. Of course, there's still the problem of dealing with Fun City after that.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Bussamove posted:

I feel like the robots are going to bust in to stop the ship, and Paz will have already had a nice conversation with it and solved the problem all peaceful-like. Of course, there's still the problem of dealing with Fun City after that.

This seems very likely to me. The robots are the red herring, and their campaign is concluded swiftly and peacefully, but then everyone realizes just what it means to be in a Level 6 Aetheric Distortion. "Do you realize what you did?! This is like dropping a nuclear warhead to make toast!"

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Please make the last panel from Monday transition into this.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

SHISHKABOB posted:

The way things are happening in this chapter makes me feel like it actually is going to get "wrapped up" soon. Or at the very least it's headed towards a big WHAM like the two last mort chapters were. Those two chapters were basically the same thing, but the first part ended with mort goin "PLEASE TAKE ME INTO THE ETHER".

If you were reading this chapter all in one go, instead of a panel every few days, it'd probably be the fastest-paced one to date.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Wait so the speedboats have torpedoes but not parachutes? You're losing me, Tom.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Worthleast posted:

Please make the last panel from Monday transition into this.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Appreciate it!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Renard still a playa.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
People in the court really have to start checking in on other creatures' relationship status before they hit on them

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Interesting. Those were totally remote devices, and still look to be under (more literally) puppeted control; is it the ship or something else?

Also, kinda sad that the new invaders didn't get transformed the way the other bots did.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

MikeJF posted:

Interesting. Those were totally remote devices, and still look to be under (more literally) puppeted control; is it the ship or something else?

Also, kinda sad that the new invaders didn't get transformed the way the other bots did.

Maybe its the fact that the ship is in the process of getting fleshified, all the component parts are too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mischalaniouse posted:

Maybe its the fact that the ship is in the process of getting fleshified, all the component parts are too.

Nah, the Seraphs got transformed into much more nightmarish forms too and they aren't part of the ship. (Last panel here)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Robot religious warfare! :black101:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MikeJF posted:

All the bots are networked to the ship, remember? The strings are simply a physical manifestation of that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

All the bots are networked to the ship, remember? The strings are simply a physical manifestation of that.

I know, it's just... the ship, whilst mad, seems nicer than this.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Iceclaw posted:

Robot religious warfare! :black101:
The Great Robo-Schism

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

MikeJF posted:

Love makes you act in strange ways.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I still want to know what the seraphs' deal is in all of this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MikeJF posted:

They're just welcoming their robot brethren. The monarchy is just stepping on these noble greeters without provocation.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

MikeJF posted:

It abducted a boatload of children into urbex magical spiderhell so it could get a sweet new look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

There Bias Two posted:

Webs, dude.

Webs.