Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
3) Death Commandos

I love the way PTN writes these assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LeschNyhan posted:

Not that probably anyone cares anymore, but here is the published version of the Google Doc That Almost Killed The Thread, at least according to some people. (That is, the players' orders debate for the Caldera scenario)

Might be worth reading if you're bored waiting for the vote results and the next scenario being put up.

Disappointed. Nobody freaked out or accused PTN/other posters of anything. It's all on-topic discussion about tactics. Where was the "HE IS PLAYING TOO OMNIPOTENTLY THIS IS BULLSHIT"

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
So voting for

3. DEFF SKWAD KOMMANDOZ.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Obviously the Kestrel Grenadiers. It is time to see the new superstate in action.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

GenericServices posted:

(Mostly I just wanna see if the Falcon Guard tendency for ignominious disaster holds true. Steer clear of canyons, dudes!)

This is exactly my reasoning. I'm not really a battletech buff like most people in this thread, but I do know a whole lot about the unit history of the Falcon Guards, and want to see what kind of scenario PTN has cooked up to make them as iconic in this universe as they were in the vanilla.

2)Jade Falcon Guards

(Plus I want to see if Aidyn or Marthe might make a cameo. They'd be what, 21 at the most?)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

2) Jade Falcons!

Why? Because clan mechs are hilarious and I want to see more of them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I do like 1, I don't like 2,

But a vote for 3. is a vote for supermurder in space, with giant robots, possibly stomping on orphans and puppies.

4 is also ok.

So what I am getting at is don't vote 2. :chef:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
2) Jade Falcons. Let's get some assholery up in here. Also, because I am a bleeding heart who wants those orphans and puppies to live. :ohdear:

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
1) Kestrels, because watching goons try to take a world from the clans sounds entertaining.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
1) Kestrels. Time to kick the Clans in the balls :c00l:

Mousus
Apr 9, 2009
2) Falcon Guards: Let the most assholish of the clans have their day whilst horrendously outnumered

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I really want to see the hot lasers of Star Colonel Cadence Pryde's mech make a match with the shining armour of the 36th Dieron. Love is in bloom for 2) Jade Falcon Guards

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
2) SQUAAAAAAAWK

This is all.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
2. Jade Falcon Guards because the dezgra spheroids have it coming. You know how annoying that Bobcat was, jumping around and murdering people whilst being very hard to hit? That's what the Falcons like doing, except that their jumpymechs have enough guns to make an IS heavy look embarrassed.

Let's troll the Inner Sphere.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
I'll cast my vote for 1) Kestrels.

We're gonna take back our galaxy!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Voting 2, apparently these guys are cool or something.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

3) Death Commandos, for IS assholishness. Clan assholishness can wait.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The agony of choice! Much as the Death Commandos make me smile, I'll cast my vote for the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers, because gently caress the Clans forever.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
2) Falcon Guards. If we lose, the clans lose. If we win, we get to pull off some of the most ridiculous plays we're ever going to see. It's win-win either way!

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

3) Death Commandos

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Death Commandos

I don't typically vote - I usually like all the options equally and would hate myself if I voted against something that turned out to be magnificent - but getting these ice cold motherfuckers involved sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Thaddius the Large posted:

Voting 2, apparently these guys are cool or something.

They are not. They, in fact, get clowned in every major conflict they've ever appeared in. They are Worf, but not cool late season/DS9 Worf. Like season 1 Worf.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't like the death commandos thing. "LOL we're hitlers let's stomp some orphans" isn't actually that funny. Especially if we have to endure it for multiple linked scenarios.

Extra-especially since I'm positioned on the list such that I'd probably wind up having to play a death commando rear end in a top hat in like the third or fourth instance.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
Death Commandos because I don't think we've played from the Liao perspective yet

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
1st Kestrel Grenadiers to see the new big kid on the block in action. And hopefully its new toys.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

3) Death Commandos

They'll win a vote eventually.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
A vote for the Grenadiers is a vote for the Mackie. Who doesn't want to see a mighty Mackie in combat?

Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011
2. Jade Falcon Guards

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
1st Kestrel Grenadiers. Because God save the Prince.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

KnoxZone posted:

A vote for the Grenadiers is a vote for the Mackie. Who doesn't want to see a mighty Mackie in combat?

SOLD.
A) 1ST KESTREL GRENADIERS

After all, a vote for the Mackie is a vote for the OG of stompie death.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Two questions for PoptartsNinja:

What happens if the first mission of a campaign is a major failure? Is the whole operation aborted immediately, or does it still continue somehow?

What if the results in a later mission are inconclusive or unexpected? Would you be willing to extend a campaign beyond the initially allotted amount of missions if it was the most sensible thing, story-wise?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

3. Death Commandos The Orphange shot first!

Also SIGN ME UP TO BE A MECHWARRIOR GODDAMMIT ahem! this about my 4th attempt to sign up so I thought I would make it clearer.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gimmick Account posted:

Two questions for PoptartsNinja:

What happens if the first mission of a campaign is a major failure? Is the whole operation aborted immediately, or does it still continue somehow?

What if the results in a later mission are inconclusive or unexpected? Would you be willing to extend a campaign beyond the initially allotted amount of missions if it was the most sensible thing, story-wise?

One would hope if the players in question screwed up enough to flub the entire invasion in the first mission, the invasion would fail as expected and we'd just go back to the mission select with a chance to maybe vote for one of the other invasions (maybe slightly altered to account for the single mission worth of time passing, maybe considered to have simply happened concurrently) rather than giving them a free pass so the play doesn't mean anything.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

How do I vote for maximum space viking?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Sorry, but this is literally the worst way to use them and it seems like everybody looks at them that exact way. The point of capacitors isn't to improve your damage at the cost of speed, it's to make the next hit extra powerful when you aren't able to fire consecutively. Using the IS example, firing 15, 10, 10 is better than 15, 0, 15. Only ever charge the cap when the next shot isn't worth taking.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rorac posted:

Sorry, but this is literally the worst way to use them and it seems like everybody looks at them that exact way. The point of capacitors isn't to improve your damage at the cost of speed, it's to make the next hit extra powerful when you aren't able to fire consecutively. Using the IS example, firing 15, 10, 10 is better than 15, 0, 15. Only ever charge the cap when the next shot isn't worth taking.

Doing more than 12 points of damage is a very significant advantage to have, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
1, because I cannot countenance the birds winning.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

This man has the right of it.

Voting 1st Kestrels because we might get a chance to see the new DS 'Mechs in action and we'll get to bring the fight to the Clans, which is the best thing about Clan Invasion scenarios.

If there weren't a Draconis Suns option I'd have voted Death Commandos, though. Deff. Though New Syrtis would also have been interesting, as either choice means seeing the advanced stuff that both the Haseks and the Liaos have lined up.

Also, since the thread sure did speed by while I was at work, yessirree:

DUNCAN FISHER APPROVES OF THIS THREAD! Aw snap! Repeatedly.

And this:

TheNaeblis posted:

Gimme big stompy robots or bouncy boobies, or big stompy robots with bouncy boobies.

At first I thought this was supposed to be a dig at my body of work, but then I remembered the poor fellow didn't bother to even read the thread before posting. Tsk, tsk.

And finally, on the last bit of PTN's latest fluff:

:slick:

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Choice 3 - Death Commandos

Sure, people like to joke about how evil the Death Commando's are but really that is dumb. The Death Commando's are an unquestionably elite and bad rear end fighting force, and will undoubtedly be facing some of the most interesting resistance. We haven't actually played as a Capellan force yet and this is the perfect opportunity.

Also the Death Commando's have the best resources so we will probably be seeing some of the best and most advanced designs the Inner Sphere has to offer (possibly including some of the "stolen" information from the Helm memory core?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

WolfhoundFC posted:

Death Commandos

I don't typically vote - I usually like all the options equally and would hate myself if I voted against something that turned out to be magnificent - but getting these ice cold motherfuckers involved sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Death Commandos for pretty much the same reason.

Though I'd hardly be heartbroken if the Falcon Guard won.

• Locked thread