Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Just had a marriage chat with Sebastian where he said he didn't really like living in a basement, and realized that Robin is kind of a poo poo mom. She built their house herself, and she can add six rooms to the farmhouse in a week no problem, but building an above ground room for her son, as though he is an actual part of the family? Who the gently caress has the time for that?

E: He even said it while hanging in the upstairs mancave I'd set up for him specifically, which was a nice touch.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I've had major Adderall brain all week so I've knocked out so much poo poo on my farm. Got the boat fixed, built my first obelisk, built several more silos in preparation for Y3 winter, which is going to be for finally working on my farm layout because I'm very bad at organising poo poo. We're doing iiiiiiit

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

E: He even said it while hanging in the upstairs mancave I'd set up for him specifically, which was a nice touch.

Which Robin probably built ducking out of the wedding reception since it magically appears after the wedding. She could have done it at any time and had the resources around to do so since she doesn’t ask you to pay for it, she just never bothered.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like stardew, i bought stardew a long time ago and i'm super impressed with how far it's come and genuinely grateful to the people who put the game together.
but can i please have a slime for a pet who follows me everywhere please?
also i think the crows should reward you for not putting out scarecrows. if i put out an entire field of seeds they should be giving me jewels and ore.
basically can i be a swamp witch please?
grow weed to sell to the pirates and lightly poison everyone whenever the doctor complains he doesn't have enough patients.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The crows should count themselves lucky I'm not just loving murdering them. The Stardew Valley Fair has made me a crack shot with a slingshot I'll Have You Know.

Ksrugi
Mar 21, 2010
Got a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and been wanting to try gaming on it. Is this worth a buy on Android?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ksrugi posted:

Got a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and been wanting to try gaming on it. Is this worth a buy on Android?

Yeah! It plays beautifully on a tablet. Plus you can use touch controls to zoom in and out, which is mighty handy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

InsertPotPun posted:

also i think the crows should reward you for not putting out scarecrows. if i put out an entire field of seeds they should be giving me jewels and ore.

a quest to befriend the crows is a very good idea, I support it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Psion posted:

a quest to befriend shoot the crows is a very good idea, I support it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

show me on the scarecrow where a crow beat you up and took your lunch money, I understand that may have been traumatic to be owned by a bird

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He ate my goddamn sweet gem berry.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

He ate my goddamn sweet gem berry.

Just lol if you didn't put a 135g scarecrow next to your 1000g seed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wanted all my rarecrows in a row, It was gonna look cool! Mistakes were made, number one being that I can't blow those black bastards outta the sky.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A crowhouse would be cool.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I have begun playing again today after taking an accidentally long break. One thing that seemed a bit odd is a lot of obvious golden walnuts made themselves apparent when I went in. Like, ones I almost certainly should have seen, the kind growing on trees and stuff. They didn't EXIST before, but suddenly did now. I remember specifically trying to get the one along the shoreline past the walnut door and it not being there and me thinking "huh that's weird", but now it was there. I'm not sure what caused this, but I guess I'm glad they didn't vanish permanently? I'm only 13 away from getting my 100th, and those should come in quick once my Mango grows in and I can chain that into the Wheat and Garlic that are already growing. So excited to get the true endgame rolling.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Doublepost but I was thinking about pressure nozzles applied to the greenhouse layout. Is this the best layout that's possible?

The deep purple squares represent pressure nozzle iridium sprinklers, and the orange is quality sprinklers to fill in some corner gaps with one normal iridium in the middle. The lighter blue tiles are the non-nozzle watered land. The non-nozzle layout has four sprinklers in the tillable land, while this layout only has one. I don't know if there's a better way to fill out the outside land without putting more in. Anyone smarter than me already figure this out?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Alxprit posted:

Doublepost but I was thinking about pressure nozzles applied to the greenhouse layout. Is this the best layout that's possible?

The deep purple squares represent pressure nozzle iridium sprinklers, and the orange is quality sprinklers to fill in some corner gaps with one normal iridium in the middle. The lighter blue tiles are the non-nozzle watered land. The non-nozzle layout has four sprinklers in the tillable land, while this layout only has one. I don't know if there's a better way to fill out the outside land without putting more in. Anyone smarter than me already figure this out?

Neat.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yep, that looks like it works. The wiki has a 5 iridium sprinkler layout:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
And if there's nothing but multiple-harvest plants in the Greenhouse, you can probably get by with Deluxe Retaining Soil, one watering, and no sprinklers.

If you're planting a Mushroom Tree Grove to get Mushrooms, the best location is Ginger Island. It's apparently the only place they produce year-round. Everywhere else, even in the Desert, they retract to stumps for winter. Heavy Tappers don't appear to accelerate production on Mushroom trees at all, though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Deluxe Retaining Soil is great, but I'm terminally out of Fiber. The plants are already grown too, so if I wanted to apply it I'd need to replant all of them.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I was not expecting 1.5 to involve me deliberately farming fiber out of the mines/sewer cave but what do you know, it happened anyway. If you're not already hitting up the sewer cave next to Krobus it's worked quite well for me. Also bug meat.

that or plant a big crop of fiber seeds somewhere (the island probably) and harvest when needed

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 21, 2021

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
early game me throwing out hundreds of collected fiber because I'm out of inventory space and what am I possibly ever going to need that much fiber for, I have all my scarecrows built lol

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I know right?

I would love to take advantage of fiber seeds but, I don't have any mixed seeds to make them with either! I've been very bad at hoarding apparently.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

early game me throwing out hundreds of collected fiber because I'm out of inventory space and what am I possibly ever going to need that much fiber for, I have all my scarecrows built lol

This but sap for me. I never crafted any fertilizers and just bought them all. Can't do that for the special ones and the fact I've shipped over 2000 sap my current game haunts me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Got the Island Ingredients special order from whatshername, and sure enough, it's for 100 pineapples, and not for the other two ingredients I already have more than 100 in stock of.
I only have 3 pineapple bushes ready in my greenhouse, and maybe 5 pineapples lying around in chests to convert to seeds, but with 14 days growth, 7 days for recurring yield, and only 27 days to complete the order...uh, I guess I'm gonna have to pass.

:negative:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Got the Island Ingredients special order from whatshername, and sure enough, it's for 100 pineapples, and not for the other two ingredients I already have more than 100 in stock of.
I only have 3 pineapple bushes ready in my greenhouse, and maybe 5 pineapples lying around in chests to convert to seeds, but with 14 days growth, 7 days for recurring yield, and only 27 days to complete the order...uh, I guess I'm gonna have to pass.

:negative:

Great news! Just like other kinds of orders you also have to HARVEST 100 of the thing. Though I guess if you had 100 in a chest you could make 100 seeds pretty reliably.

When I did it it was Ginger. @_@ And don't ask me about the leek gathering one.

EDIT : Actually great news, the quests roll around again, so nothing is permanently lost, and maybe the next time it'll be taro root or whatever.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Tylana posted:

Great news! Just like other kinds of orders you also have to HARVEST 100 of the thing. Though I guess if you had 100 in a chest you could make 100 seeds pretty reliably.

When I did it it was Ginger. @_@ And don't ask me about the leek gathering one.

EDIT : Actually great news, the quests roll around again, so nothing is permanently lost, and maybe the next time it'll be taro root or whatever.

I unfortunately only have 100+ of taro tuber and ginger, but only 5 pineapples. Turned those into 12 seeds, but even with deluxe speed-gro, I wouldn't be able to make that goal.
But hey, if it comes around again, I'll just grab it next time when I have like 18 bushes already done and can turn the accumulated pinapples into enough seeds to meet the required harvest goal.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
How do I take those cool screenshots of my farm?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All I need to finish my completion is a bunch of radioactive ores and bars for crafting and shipping, but I'm just not getting the drat quest that would let me mine for them. Come on Qi :(

Also, what ring setup is everyone using now that we can combine them? I am usually running with a Burglar/Iridum Band and Slime RIng/Iridium Band combo, but I might as wel make some others.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Freaksaus posted:

All I need to finish my completion is a bunch of radioactive ores and bars for crafting and shipping, but I'm just not getting the drat quest that would let me mine for them. Come on Qi :(

Also, what ring setup is everyone using now that we can combine them? I am usually running with a Burglar/Iridum Band and Slime RIng/Iridium Band combo, but I might as wel make some others.

I think Burglar/Iridium is a staple, but some people really like the coffee drop ring, because a few trips to the mines will give you so much coffee that you will never have to produce it yourself, freeing up your greenhouse and co. for better money making plants.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Torrannor posted:

How do I take those cool screenshots of my farm?

There's a screenshot button in the options menu that takes a picture of the entire map you're on.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I think I went Burglar/Crabshell for one ring because suddenly dying sucks.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Tip for when the Island Ingredients quest requires Ginger. I don't know if this is actually true, but it seems like it is:

- Not all the holes you hoe fill in automatically each night.

- The game won't attempt to generate new ginger in a location if the hole's still there.

- After you harvest the ginger, fill in the hole with your pick.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's a screenshot button in the options menu that takes a picture of the entire map you're on.

Oh snap, this feature is in the console versions now. Heck yeah!

Edit: Well, I see it in the Switch version, but not the Xbox version. Bit of a downer :smith:

magimix fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 21, 2021

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Freaksaus posted:

Iridium and Burglar with Crabshell added to both - the damage reduction neuters most slimes anyway.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've got iridium/burglar and crabshell/aquamarine. Dunno if it's optimal, but I also picked desperado and the aquamarine forge upgrades to my galaxy hammer and approximately a quarter of my swings are instant kills.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just played some Switch couch co-op with my son this morning, and despite it being his very first time ever playing the game, it was super fun! My farm is still a bit new (I started a new beach farm when the update hit) so the frequent cutscenes sometimes ended up being weird, but that's super minor to being able to have a minor as my +1 miner! :smug:

It was funny to do the Linus trash can scene while my son is just running all around the outside of the saloon/George's place and he can't see me at all. And we both got the Marlon cutscene independently (but simultaneously) when we entered the mines.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Had a Crab Pot Automate setup all along the western piers on the beach. Maybe a hundred crab pots or so, all chained to a chest, a couple Recycling Machines, a Furnace, and a Charcoal Burner all sitting on the Northwest corner of the Westernmost Pier. According to the Safe Chest maps, it was all fine. Worked fine for six years or so.

Turns out, when you marry Emily (A recent development on my save), her schedule alters, and she spends Monday and Friday mornings on the West Pier. And when she leaves to go to work, she walks right through the pier squares where I had put all my machinery, and the chest containing the spoils.

Put a crimp in my plans to stash 999 Clams in a chest I'd put in Mr. Qi's room. Oh well. Had 999 Periwinkles I could stash instead.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 21, 2021

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

maltesh posted:

Had a Crab Pot Automate setup all along the western piers on the beach. Maybe a hundred crab pots or so, all chained to a chest, a couple Recycling Machines, a Furnace, and a Charcoal Burner all sitting on the Northwest corner of the Westernmost Pier. According to the Safe Chest maps, it was all fine. Worked fine for six years or so.

Turns out, when you marry Emily (A recent development on my save), her schedule alters, and she spends Monday and Friday mornings on the West Pier. And when she leaves to go to work, she walks right through the pier squares where I had put all my machinery, and the chest containing the spoils.

Put a crimp in my plans to stash 999 Clams in a chest I'd put in Mr. Qi's room. Oh well. Had 999 Periwinkles I could stash instead.

Emily: Environmentalist icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really do love this game, truly. But it would be above and beyond perfect if, in an unmodded game, I could have this track show up in the rotation of the regular tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfK0Lg6byrw

Ugh, this is such a jam. A bop, if you will. SDV music is wonderful, it just needs this one, too.