Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Barf

Thankfully not real because barf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

DT? Any chance you can ask the design team what everyone is missing?

I think the joints are just looser than they are supposed to be

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I guess it's just stuff that was supposed to work and probably did work in the test shot and prototype or whatever, then the factory final product just didn't have the right tolerances. Some people's Brawls lock together well enough and others are just a flopfest. It's the kind of stuff that will probably be corrected in a second run, so lucky me for always getting stuff months late.

Speaking of late I picked up Groove and Viper the other day. I love how Groove looks as a chestplate on Defensor(I disliked Blackjack on Menasor). Viper is just a delightful lil' guy, I love him. He pegs together way better than my powerglide, whose arms I don't peg into the wings anymore because I feel like they're gonna break his shoulder pegs (I'm paranoid about the smallest stress lines).

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

I guess it's just stuff that was supposed to work and probably did work in the test shot and prototype or whatever, then the factory final product just didn't have the right tolerances. Some people's Brawls lock together well enough and others are just a flopfest. It's the kind of stuff that will probably be corrected in a second run, so lucky me for always getting stuff months late.

Speaking of late I picked up Groove and Viper the other day. I love how Groove looks as a chestplate on Defensor(I disliked Blackjack on Menasor). Viper is just a delightful lil' guy, I love him. He pegs together way better than my powerglide, whose arms I don't peg into the wings anymore because I feel like they're gonna break his shoulder pegs (I'm paranoid about the smallest stress lines).
How are vipers legs and feet flap things? On my powerglide the legs don't really clip together and the tail fins pop off at the slightest touch. Kind of annoying because he is so good otherwise. He's basically been relegated to display only and I can't play with him. :( #firstworldproblems

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My Powerglide pegs together generally fine so I was lucky with his legs, and nothing pops off. His arms however require force to peg into the wings, which led to those tiny stress marks on the shoulders I mentioned. Viper however has zero problems to speak off, his legs are even nicer in jet mode and the buttflap pegs them together with a nice click sound, which isn't as strong on Powerglide. So I'd say he feels way better all around.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I was able to get a Vortex last night while shopping at Target. Will it be relatively easy to pick up the other limbs online for retail-ish soon?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm loving this 'combiners done to scale' poo poo:

Superion's arms are just the best.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Brutiscale is still the best one.

Isn't Tantrum a bit small there though? I guess there's a lot of variance in bull sizes but...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

Wouldn't Bruticus be hilariously lop-sided, what with Blast Off being about the size of the Statue of Liberty? I'm no size experts, but I don't think that a bike is quite that large.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got the rest of them?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Wouldn't Bruticus be hilariously lop-sided, what with Blast Off being about the size of the Statue of Liberty? I'm no size experts, but I don't think that a bike is quite that large.

Don't forget one leg being a tank and one being a little Jeep thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Watching reviews where people bitch about scale sours the joke for me. :( I want to stab every reviewer who cries Shockwave didn't get a voyager or leader in combiner wars and "well the legend isn't bad but a bloo bloo bloo scale scale scaaaaale". Cutest G1 reference in years and we're supposed to be upset he didn't get a leader when a MP is due in a couple months and he has gotten tons of voyagers over the last four years.

The idea of stumpy armed to scale Superion fighting itty babby menasor cheers me up though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Legends Shockwave is great, those guys are pretty dumb.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think it's funny that Groove would only be about eight and a half feet tall or so.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Watching reviews where people bitch about scale sours the joke for me. :( I want to stab every reviewer who cries Shockwave didn't get a voyager or leader in combiner wars and "well the legend isn't bad but a bloo bloo bloo scale scale scaaaaale". Cutest G1 reference in years and we're supposed to be upset he didn't get a leader when a MP is due in a couple months and he has gotten tons of voyagers over the last four years.

The idea of stumpy armed to scale Superion fighting itty babby menasor cheers me up though.

The extra silly part is that Shockwave is awesomely scaled to the older legends classics (and they were desperately lacking in 'cons) so he's actually really awesome even if you don't like him in relation to the current line.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

Scale: Shockwave's Burden.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Brutiscale is still the best one.

Isn't Tantrum a bit small there though? I guess there's a lot of variance in bull sizes but...

Tantrum is a water buffalo, which maxes him out at around 8-9 feet in length, while Headstrong is a white rhino, which puts him around 15 feet and double the weight at least. Rhinos are really, really big.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's right. I actually didn't recall he was supposed to be a water buffalo at all. My memories of G1 are always hella skewed, it's part that I was really young and growing up with the latin dub and comics. Which reminds me, some day I gotta scan and post some of the latin covers for the marvel TF comics, they were... certainly something special.

Changing the subject a bit did anyone order a Sunsurge? It looks OK to me on pics but the face is a bit goofy, he has a fake chest (unavoidable probably so I don't mind) and I just can't like the feet. Otherwise seems very decent. Are other badcube releases decent quality wise?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey, so Canadian posters, Madhaus over at https://www.facebook.com/madhaus.collectibles/ is running a couple sales on some of his lingering stock. Right now he has MP tracks with coin for $80 Canadian, DX-9 Splinter for $85 CDN and DX-9 Cocomone for $85 CDN.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The extra silly part is that Shockwave is awesomely scaled to the older legends classics (and they were desperately lacking in 'cons) so he's actually really awesome even if you don't like him in relation to the current line.
Yeah, not only is he in scale with them, but his gun mode scales with other leaders, something you're obviously not going to get with a leader Shockwave. And really, when else ever in the next ten years were we going to get a legends Shockwave who turns into a gun for voyager or bigger figures? Like, literally ever again? I know the hover block can sit in a 5mm peghole looking rather block, but this is a gun with little targets and a proper grip that we will probably never see again.

Can't we ever just enjoy the awesome we get?

On that note I was going through some of the upcoming FP releases and there's post after post of people going "I don't like the LER aesthetics" or "I'm not into FP headmasters". These are all mature lines over a year old, why does someone feel the need to show up and take a tidy little poop in a thread for FP's Snapdragon? I'm not saying these are objective perfect releases or something, but why the need to mouthshit on the eleventh release from FP in the line?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Hey, so Canadian posters, Madhaus over at https://www.facebook.com/madhaus.collectibles/ is running a couple sales on some of his lingering stock. Right now he has MP tracks with coin for $80 Canadian,

Is the coin one of those cool two-piece ones then?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Superion's arms are just the best.

Where can I get more of these beauties?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Can't we ever just enjoy the awesome we get?

On that note I was going through some of the upcoming FP releases and there's post after post of people going "I don't like the LER aesthetics" or "I'm not into FP headmasters". These are all mature lines over a year old, why does someone feel the need to show up and take a tidy little poop in a thread for FP's Snapdragon? I'm not saying these are objective perfect releases or something, but why the need to mouthshit on the eleventh release from FP in the line?

People in the TF fandom feel like they have to remind everyone, constantly, when they dislike something. "Hey! Never forget that I think this particular thing is garbage OK? Just sayin' Yes I know I already said it on every previous instance of discussion about it". Just once or twice isn't enough. That said I desperately want to see the final product on that FP Snapdragon, it looks like it's gonna be fantastic. Apeface, a bit less so.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Definitely. Wheeljack was previously my low water mark for the first year molds but Sunstreaker is on a whole different level. I was like "Finally the Countach brothers can stand together on the shelf" and it was like

:cool: :pram:

It looks like Sunstreaker's horns were not originally horns but neck collar shoulder thingys.

Also are any of you playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and making your transforming robots resemble Transformers and decking out your base like The Ark/Teletran 1?

because I am. The extra special robot is a dead ringer for Prime Arcee/ Generations Chromia

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 21, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aruba Jamaica Ooh I wanna take ya

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Changing the subject a bit did anyone order a Sunsurge? It looks OK to me on pics but the face is a bit goofy, he has a fake chest (unavoidable probably so I don't mind) and I just can't like the feet. Otherwise seems very decent. Are other badcube releases decent quality wise?

Yes. I probably won't have him in-hand till 2017, given BBTS's extensive foot-dragging when it comes to moving my piles through the warehouse, though. I'll post some pictures and a short review when I get it.

The Badcube not-Warpath is apparently pretty good, busy and fiddly, but good.

Blackheart posted:

People in the TF fandom feel like they have to remind everyone, constantly, when they dislike something. "Hey! Never forget that I think this particular thing is garbage OK? Just sayin' Yes I know I already said it on every previous instance of discussion about it". Just once or twice isn't enough. That said I desperately want to see the final product on that FP Snapdragon, it looks like it's gonna be fantastic. Apeface, a bit less so.

Haha, you should check out the threads here on Something Awful dot com about the Xbox One.

Also, I really like the Fansproject LER Dinobots and wish they would put some more out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 21, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
MP Primal render.

About as good as that character design is going to get, I suppose. They really nailed the look of the gorilla face.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

MP Primal render.

About as good as that character design is going to get, I suppose. They really nailed the look of the gorilla face.

That's pretty loving sweet

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not the biggest Beast Wars guy, but that's looking strong, and it's nice they've deviated from the line as established so far. Guess a BW Megatron/Gigatron might be on the cards too?

Also, I got post today, and I'm pretty happy with someone right now.! Pictures to follow.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It wasn't likely to happen but I'm glad they didn't go with "fur" like some wanted.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Blackheart posted:

It wasn't likely to happen but I'm glad they didn't go with "fur" like some wanted.

What, like an actual fuzzy exterior? Felt or something?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

MPs are all about cartoon accuracy, so fur makes no sense anyway.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

What, like an actual fuzzy exterior? Felt or something?

I think Moss Man-style flocking would actually look good on Cheetor but yeah it would look really dumb on primal and rattrap.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Primal is pretty cool. Megatron was the real star of that show, though. Yesssss...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That Evasion Prime "KO" is wizardry. It's in chinese but it's fairly informative (it's by daimchoc, a guy who usually gets a lot of info on new 3p stuff). I just watched it in 1.5 speed and skip ahead when it's just talk. It's unfair to call it a KO at this point honestly.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 21, 2015

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

That Evasion Prime "KO" is wizardry. It's in chinese but it's fairly informative (it's by daimchoc, a guy who usually gets a lot of info on new 3p stuff). I just watched it in 1.5 speed and skip ahead when it's just talk. It's unfair to call it a KO at this point honestly.
Man that is cool. Hope its reasonably priced at cheap KO prices!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

BizarroAzrael posted:

Also, I got post today, and I'm pretty happy with someone right now.! Pictures to follow.

I forgot to put my forums name on it so I might as well fess up now! Glad to hear it arrived. Was getting worried.

Glad you like it! Looking forward to a couple pictures. Kinda wish I'd taken a couple myself before sending it off.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Keldroc posted:

MP Primal render.

That is really cool and I will absolutely buy the poo poo out of it

e: I love how the CG prototype render looks like it has more modelled detail than the original animation model

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I know this isn't new but it never fails to make me smile.

edit:

(pics by Peaugh)

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TheDK posted:

Man that is cool. Hope its reasonably priced at cheap KO prices!

$130, I think.