Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

belgend posted:

joseph joestar collaborated w italian nazis and befriended a cyborg who died in stalingrad, the only true comrade in jjba is ermes

Pobody's nerfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Autism Sneaks posted:

I was always told it was a direct dig at Mao who was privately understood to be a philanderer and pervert

I was just making up my thing :v:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/osamabishounen/status/1109603640765890560?s=21

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Kerala Communist Trap is real.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No. It's not good at all. The best parts are Karl and Friedrich bro'ing out and talking philosophy, but it's mostly hagiographic pablum that papers over a lot of the most important parts of Marx's life and thought because they only produced like 7 episodes. If your friends are otaku freaks that love any anime no matter what then you should recommend it, but nobody else would be impressed or find it interesting.

Actually it's good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
come on, we're so starved for left media you have to drop the ruthless critique of all that exists for a few minutes to let the Karl Marx Anime into your heart

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i mean, it really is good. the first episode is pretty clunky but after that it does fine. if you're expecting a TRUE FACTS RETELLING of marx's biography you're not gonna get that, i don't even think the young karl marx did that particularly well. the anime episode on capital does a good job boiling down the theory of exploitation into fairly understandable terms.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
the real question is how good is the gay fanfiction for this anime.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

R. Guyovich posted:

i mean, it really is good. the first episode is pretty clunky but after that it does fine. if you're expecting a TRUE FACTS RETELLING of marx's biography you're not gonna get that, i don't even think the young karl marx did that particularly well. the anime episode on capital does a good job boiling down the theory of exploitation into fairly understandable terms.

Being a decent rundown of Marxism and Capital doesn't make it a good show, sorry. If that's really all you care about, then you might as well recommend people watch those episodes in particular. It's not an issue of it not being a TRUE FACTS RETELLING of Marx's biography, it's a bad biography period.

smarxist posted:

come on, we're so starved for left media you have to drop the ruthless critique of all that exists for a few minutes to let the Karl Marx Anime into your heart

I'd be betraying my poster's code if I were to give the Karl Marx anime less than the critical rigour that Marx himself would have given it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i read the replies and learned that actually, that elephant is a social fascist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*travels back in time to meet Karl Marx*

karl... i brought you this anime

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

they gave karl marx a copy of undertale

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you could tell this joke in a lot of different ways

"karl... your predictions... a future of great upheavals... i have brought you this record of our struggle"

*hands him an anime*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

*travels back in time to meet Karl Marx*

karl... i brought you this anime

"Hey Karl! You know that new theory of political economy you're lookin for? WELL LISTEN TO THIS!"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
What would Marx's opinion on anime be? My immediate thought was that he'd hate it but considering his lifestyle I can't help but think he would've insisted at least one big-tittied anime was actually a deep narrative with complex characters.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Engels doodled topless women in the margins of his books so I'm thinking he's more of a lock for that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the marx anime is bad because the language is so dense. are they just transliterating instead of paraphrasing or what

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Hey Karl! You know that new theory of political economy you're lookin for? WELL LISTEN TO THIS!"
lol

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

i say swears online posted:

the marx anime is bad because the language is so dense. are they just transliterating instead of paraphrasing or what
lol

pretty sure the English subtitles are just copy/pasted from Marxists.org. I can only imagine how infuriated Turing Police is

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Autism Sneaks posted:

pretty sure the English subtitles are just copy/pasted from Marxists.org. I can only imagine how infuriated Turing Police is

you do know the chinese government has/had an entire publishing house for translating the works of marx, engels, lenin and stalin, right?

like, peep the first entry in their national library system. i'm guessing they have their own translations

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you could tell this joke in a lot of different ways

"karl... your predictions... a future of great upheavals... i have brought you this record of our struggle"

*hands him an anime*

Giving Karl Marx a box set of your favorite anime with TV and solar cell to power it would be the equivalent of that dude who gave Undertale to the pope. Even better and funnier though would be bringing Marx to the future and handing him a phone with twitter on it so he too can be called revisionist by various users that are indeed bappin'

MizPiz posted:

What would Marx's opinion on anime be? My immediate thought was that he'd hate it but considering his lifestyle I can't help but think he would've insisted at least one big-tittied anime was actually a deep narrative with complex characters.

I'm more interested in what M&E's take on the internet would be. Though to your question he loved fantasy allegories (like bringing up vampires a lot) so if he wrote today i assume he'd use more modern contemporaries.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 25, 2019

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

if marx was alive today he'd bum me for $20 and get wasted

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Venom Snake posted:

Giving Karl Marx a box set of your favorite anime with TV and solar cell to power it would be the equivalent of that dude who gave Undertale to the pope. Even better and funnier though would be bringing Marx to the future and handing him a phone with twitter on it so he too can be called revisionist by various users that are indeed bappin'

wasbappin isn't a maoist or a hoxhaist so he wouldn't call people revisionist scum. he's one of the guys who sees "assadists" around every corner so calls people genocide deniers or fascists

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Marx was calling people cucks in like 1820 I’m pretty sure Twitter wouldn’t be able to handle his posting power level.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"280 characters? kiss my rear end, i'm going to Medium"

karl nooo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i say swears online posted:

"280 characters? kiss my rear end, i'm going to Medium"

karl nooo

im now imagining how powerful karl marx + adderall would be and folks, it's scary

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Venom Snake posted:

im now imagining how powerful karl marx + adderall would be and folks, it's scary

Guys. It’s time for some revolutionary theory.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

R. Guyovich posted:

Guys. It’s time for some revolutionary theory.

a spectre is haunting europe [THREAD] 1/??

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The Marx anime is bad because it cuts between 3d cg and 2d multiple times in the same scene

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

3dcg is bourgeois, the commodification of art

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the marx anime animation is viscerally unsettling and i watched a whole episode without marx getting drunk even once, 1/5

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lightning Knight posted:

Marx was calling people cucks in like 1820 I’m pretty sure Twitter wouldn’t be able to handle his posting power level.

Ml's think Marx would see their wisdom and be on their podcast but in reality Marx would be the fourth mic on Cumtown

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreddout posted:

Ml's think Marx would see their wisdom and be on their podcast but in reality Marx would be the fourth mic on Cumtown

this would be powerful

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Marx would say, "that's gay," and "your a retard"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/micahuetricht/status/984812897451855873

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Lol remember Jeremy Gong.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

30.5 Days posted:

Lol remember Jeremy Gong.

https://twitter.com/jergong/status/984825213131997184?s=19
https://twitter.com/jergong/status/984858218626076672?s=19

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Dreddout posted:

the chapo trap house election night stream devolved into chaos last night as host matthew christman and guest karl marx broke out in a naked, drunken fistfight

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tastykake posted:

the chapo trap house election night stream devolved into chaos last night as host matthew christman and guest karl marx broke out in a naked, drunken fistfight

CORRECTION: we have since learned that msrs. christman and marx teamed up to dunk on the lesser members of the podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
pod casts,