Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Mask off bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm liking retired kobe ventures https://twitter.com/SInow/status/855210215398133760

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
*roger daltrey voice* we won't get rooked again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ketchup vs catsup posted:

The Spurs are down 17 as of me writing this post, and the starters are long gone.

When was the last time a team pulled its starters after getting down, say 15+, but then the benchers they sent in afterward managed to make it competitive? Like, say pull it to within 3?

What happened? The starters come back in and try to win?

The Rockets rode Corey Brewer and Josh Smith to a huge comeback while Harden got on the court for a free throw then left before the second free throw!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Something new I learned tonight: Shaquille O'Neal can belch on command.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Raps really miss Bismack for that mental fortitude. Was hoping Tucker could be that guy that keeps everybody's heads up and talking but it's not looking like it.

Plus Milwaukee being longer at every position while playing good defense is just gonna be tough to beat. Unleash the Bruno

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

The Spurs are down 17 as of me writing this post, and the starters are long gone.

When was the last time a team pulled its starters after getting down, say 15+, but then the benchers they sent in afterward managed to make it competitive? Like, say pull it to within 3?

What happened? The starters come back in and try to win?

It depends on the coach, of course, but in general most just let it ride with the players who did the comeback. A pretty deft thing some coaches are able to do is manage to slowly get a few of the starters back into the game without breaking the rally, and this seems to generally well because what happens a lot of times is the bench guys spark a rally, but then it peters off right as they get close or maybe force overtime, because it takes a lot of energy to rally and plus these guys are not usually used to playing heavy minutes.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings hire Luke Bornn as their analytics guy. dokmo tell me about him

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

The Rockets rode Corey Brewer and Josh Smith to a huge comeback while Harden got on the court for a free throw then left before the second free throw!

TRIGGER WARNING THAT poo poo

Also the like/dislike ratios on the Juicero videos are the worst I've ever seen. It's hilarious.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 21, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Away all Goats posted:

Raps really miss Bismack for that mental fortitude. Was hoping Tucker could be that guy that keeps everybody's heads up and talking but it's not looking like it.

Plus Milwaukee being longer at every position while playing good defense is just gonna be tough to beat. Unleash the Bruno

I feel like on the list of the Raptors playoff woes I'd have "missing Bismack Biyombo" at like 1238097th. They just can't execute worth poo poo.

Maybe they turn it around but we're pretty much on year three of having historically bad playoff performance relative to our seed. Wizards sweep, last year's worst ever document ECF run, and this year a 30 point first half. Maybe this blowout ends up just being a blip in the series but holy poo poo is momentum not on our side.

I'm not even counting the Brooklyn series since that one feels like more mild failure comparatively but there was tons of dumb poo poo in that one too. No one does less with home court advantage than us.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
You'd think the Lakers and Knicks would never miss the playoffs if a first round game is only 30,000. Can you imagine how cheap a regular season game is?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

iospace posted:

N: Bucks slaughter the Raptors

V: :stare: uh... is this what success feels like for a basketball team?

Delly just going for the repeat and willing the rest of his team along.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings hire Luke Bornn as their analytics guy. dokmo tell me about him

Don't know him. Seems like s smart guy. I'm sure the front office will give his contributions lots of weight in their decision-making process.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
My bet with Dejan is not looking hot.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is there any show more entertaining then Inside the NBA? I laugh way more then any sitcom.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The Raptors 30-point half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgr-AqtO5oM

dokmo fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 21, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WMG already blocked it :(

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

Just to pile on because it makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7VuJ6dX5Tw

Dokmo you're a treasure

This is a video of Reggie Jackson controlling Russell Westbrook's body after dropping tincture of scopalamine in Russ's Chanel por homme cologne

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

13 assists clearly indicates ball-hog tendencies.

This is an unwinnable fight for me without a bunch of stats and game film, but there is a real difference between assists counted and being a willing and wise passer in the flow of the offense

I really regret picking OKC but it's worth it for rooting for that team to put it together and just play insane defense while making improbable shots.
It's like a stupid homemade hot rod with a helicopter engine against a factory team finely tuned GT car on a course with some straights but more turns

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 21, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

there are Three Alphas who may have something to say about that

There is only one alpha, Αντετοκούνμπο, Γιάννης

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DeimosRising posted:

There is only one alpha, Αντετοκούνμπο, Γιάννης

This is america speak American.

And no illegal alien scum could ever be a true alpha.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ/status/854811786742083584

IMO, Sixers owners are still clueless

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

I like how they commit to honoring the past though by having our medical team be a Civil War doctor with a big rear end cleaver

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Gay Earth we meet again.

Right when I gave in and started to have fun with this loving Bulls team.

God loving damnit. gently caress everything

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Rondo fractured his thumb RIP

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

I like how they commit to honoring the past though by having our medical team be a Civil War doctor with a big rear end cleaver

Ole Stumpy Embiid and 9 Finger Covington.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I can't believe I'm mad about Rajon Rondo being hurt because it's actually going to make the Bulls worse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

PLAYOFF MCW TIME MOTHERFUCKERS

:sigh:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Rajon Rondo should just play with the hosed up thumb. What's it gonna do? gently caress up his shot?

Still better than playing MCW

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Actually I think it's hilarious the only reason why the Celtics scrapped by an 8th seed is because of an injury.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm mad that I am legit sad that Rondo is hurt

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

actually I think you'll find that this will make the celtics losing even more funny.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

One of things that was preventing me from getting too down about the raps (besides being numb to humiliation) was watching the alphas in all their glory. God is dead if he's from Boston.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's Denzel Valentine's time to shine.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Actually I changed my mind. Now it'll be even better when MCW defeats the fraud Celtics.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
This site is claiming it has tracked done enough votes for MVP and if what people tell them is true it's almost certain Russ is winning

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/4/21/15378112/russell-westbrook-nba-mvp-james-harden-vote-tracking

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This Rondo injury is a clear inside job by the Daryl Morey three point shooting globalist cabal.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

edit dammit

Some bloggers tracked down ever MVP voter they could find (62 out of 100) and asked who they were voting for and it looks like Westbrook is pretty much a lock. Here is the spreadsheet of the voters and votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jota posted:

This site is claiming it has tracked done enough votes for MVP and if what people tell them is true it's almost certain Russ is winning

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/4/21/15378112/russell-westbrook-nba-mvp-james-harden-vote-tracking

This is going to be so loving funny when Westbrook is swept out of the playoffs.

• Locked thread