Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

in the spirit of denouncing the badposters among our own i must admit i have had daco on ignore for weeks and the thread has been much more readable as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
thanks fam

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Landsknecht posted:

hey ullerm/flanders if you're here, how are these new DICKS things that are ingame going to affect the meta around BS fleets/bombers

They're interesting. They're pretty good at nullifying a single bombing run, but there's a few caveats:

1) it cycles whether or not it finds a bomb to shoot at
2) in practice it's iffy whether or not the destroyers all find different bombs to shoot at
3) the cycle time is bad enough that multiple waves could still wreck you.

In practice, they're more about taking the edge off a bombing run than completely nullifying it. to make it really work well, the FC (or, more likely, a helper monkey assigned to the dicksquad) has to call for waves -- i.e. "first group fire," wait ~6 secs (travel time for the missiles), "second group fire"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Hey hey hey, watch it jerk.

I love your forum 'tar.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

They're interesting. They're pretty good at nullifying a single bombing run, but there's a few caveats:

2) in practice it's iffy whether or not the destroyers all find different bombs to shoot at

In practice, they're more about taking the edge off a bombing run than completely nullifying it. to make it really work well, the FC (or, more likely, a helper monkey assigned to the dicksquad) has to call for waves -- i.e. "first group fire," wait ~6 secs (travel time for the missiles), "second group fire"

how well will they end up working in 10% tidi when I can see bombs on my overview for a few minutes? or will they be some superspeed reaction based thing?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

I can't imagine that the shield versions will have too large of a margin of error when it comes to letting bombs slip through.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

evilweasel posted:

in the spirit of denouncing the badposters among our own i must admit i have had daco on ignore for weeks and the thread has been much more readable as a result

Nobody in here is as terrible as these fuckers

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I have never encountered a poster that was worth ignoring.

Edit: with the literal ignore feature I mean. Though there are certainly posts worth skimming. The only time someone is really worth ignoring is when they don't really care about the conversation that they enter. People who just do drive-by posting without contributing.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Nobody in here is as terrible as these fuckers

I like Stux.

I think I might be the only person in existence that likes Stux.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm amazed you actively chose to be ignorant in this case. Anyone who's not an rear end in a top hat looking for more poo poo to casually sling at people would have understood the intention behind my words. Yet you complain about not being able to have a normal, rational, reasonable conversation with people. Don't ever let it be said that I didn't try to reach out to the other side of...whatever and however you want to characterize what this "is".

Aight, here it is Barney style.

You are not a rational poster, since when I mentioned you being irrational, you claimed to make any honest post.

Honest =/= rational. The two can be related, but not always. So claiming that you'll give an "honest" answer in response to a question when your honesty was never in doubt is an irrational thought process.

I believe you honestly believe the stupid poo poo you spout. I don't think you're a troll, I just think you're not very bright.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Though there are certainly posts worth skimming.

Like all of yours

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Aight, here it is Barney style.

1 .You are not a rational poster, since when I mentioned you being irrational, you claimed to make any honest post.

2. Honest =/= rational. The two can be related, but not always. So claiming that you'll give an "honest" answer in response to a question when your honesty was never in doubt is an irrational thought process.

3. I believe you honestly believe the stupid poo poo you spout. I don't think you're a troll, I just think you're not very bright.

When I said "I'd give you an honest answer" I meant I'd reason with you and engage with you on your terms. That's it, that is all I was trying to communicate to you. If you couldn't understand that then there's no potential for discussion between you and me. Leave here believing what you believe and I'll go back to shitposting and believing what I believe about you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

VERY round.

See, At least even though I think you're wrong about pretty much everything you can at least have a normal conversation. Expecting a rational reasoned response from Dunfunny or mandozer is top lol.

TBH most of my concerns were indirectly addressed through a couple of threads on goonfleet.com, a lot of what I thought was confirmed and responsibility taken. There's really no need to shake trees past that except to be angry and bitter.

EDIT: It didn't help that I viewed the directorate as a group with a unified message rather than viewing them as a collection of dudes, some with really dumb ideas and some with really good ones who may not necessarily spew a party line message vice some that will. Basically I had taken to viewing directors as a monolith, and that was a mistake on my part.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 14, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Like all of yours

Well then you shouldn't waste your monthly Eve thread exclusive post on me.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

Basically I had taken to viewing directors as a monolith, and that was a mistake on my part.

this is a pretty common mistake, both within GSF and from without, so don't feel too bad

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
toe the line querns

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Let it be said I at least tried to understand my enemies point of view. They are apparently mentally retarded and full of poo poo at least with this CainFortea dude. How he gets through life is beyond me.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Pl is going to get anyone that doesn't have a super/titan into one of they have a chacter. have a lot of rorqual mining going on now, needed more system with the big mining sites. Going to be awesome to see our 60% super ownership rate up towards 85% in the next few months

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ok

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I pray for that number going to 0% after mass supercapdeath.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Pl is going to get anyone that doesn't have a super/titan into one of they have a chacter. have a lot of rorqual mining going on now, needed more system with the big mining sites. Going to be awesome to see our 60% super ownership rate up towards 85% in the next few months

I'm sure it will make a great difference, seeing how you are always going into your wars as the underdogs.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Death to all supers.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i think the real question here is, how is it that as much as 40% of pandemic legion doesn't have a supercap

i thought that was the only real criteria for entry

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

You can think that, but it has verb pointed out that this is not the case.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i think the real question here is, how is it that as much as 40% of pandemic legion doesn't have a supercap

Its hard to earn and save for a super with strict activity requirements and zero SRP

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

I got into PL just on the basis of my charming personality.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Perhaps wealthier alliances can see such supercap ownership numbers but not frugal legion

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Supers were implemented badly from the jump it seems. I think it would have been much more fun to see caps and supers be utilitarian (like an extrapolation of the Titan's bridging, or the Rorq's indy core), and super vulnerable.

They should represent a hardware investment that correlates to quality of life improvements for your members - but they shouldn't just be another means of escalating until the only viable strategy is n+1.

Unfortunately gameplay mechanics are only a small fraction of what's wrong with this loving space game we all apparently love.

evilweasel posted:

how is it that as much as 40% of pandemic legion doesn't have a supercap

Vouches/alts, duh. A super is actually good for not less than 2 (two) all-access passes into The Pandemic Legion.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Viva Miriya posted:

i 'got into' pl on my merit as a poster

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Wait I thought you were globby whose that other guy who posts like you?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Slack Lagoon posted:

and at the current rate of mining and building y'all oughta get there by 2025 or so

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

brutal

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Viva Miriya posted:

See you all act like it's jokes but you have that insufferable chill-good-dude-bro thing where it's all high-fives and fist-pounds and all the doors just fly open. Pooki has it too.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
if you imagine eve as a gym gsf is that weird insular group where the "leaders" are trying to rub up against women, and PL are a bunch of alpha ripped dudes doing lots of flexing and rear end-slapping

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

We're in the same corp but we're not of the same mind when it comes to opinions and posting in this thread. I think you are a loving idiot because of the way you act here. I think you're barely above a random commentator in an /r/EVE thread with how you articulate your poo poo. Mainly its whitenoise bullshit and its irritating to read. gently caress you Ordo Garr.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Landsknecht posted:

if you imagine eve as a gym gsf is that weird insular group where the "leaders" are trying to rub up against women, and PL are a bunch of alpha ripped dudes doing lots of flexing and rear end-slapping

:agreed:

Viva Miriya posted:

friend please :saddowns:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

TBH most of my concerns were indirectly addressed through a couple of threads on goonfleet.com, a lot of what I thought was confirmed and responsibility taken. There's really no need to shake trees past that except to be angry and bitter.

EDIT: It didn't help that I viewed the directorate as a group with a unified message rather than viewing them as a collection of dudes, some with really dumb ideas and some with really good ones who may not necessarily spew a party line message vice some that will. Basically I had taken to viewing directors as a monolith, and that was a mistake on my part.

I still don't even remember what the hell you guys are talking about. I poo poo on directors for stupid mistakes all the time. :shrug: I don't know what Dunfunny was referring to anyway.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Where is notable Israd goodposter Youtuber?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Where is notable Israd goodposter Youtuber?

trying to build an ISRAD org chart? not falling for this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

trying to build an ISRAD org chart? not falling for this again

I have deadtears chart anyway. He's very thorough.

• Locked thread