Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like how british people think those dreams about breaking all your teeth or all your teeth falling out or crunching up your teeth like rock candy are "lucky"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

From the Eastern Europe thread:

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

speaking of (supposedly) common dreams, has anyone itt ever dreamed of their teeth falling out? its supposed to be an archtypical dream but ive never had it or heard of anyone having it

yeah, I get these dreams once in a while. they're the closest thing to a nightmare I get, but it's not exactly scary, it's more of an "oh no, my teeth are rotting and falling out. how did I not notice this sooner? drat it, I don't have the money to do anything about this"

irl my teeth are in pretty good shape, I've never had any fillings. i had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years back, but it was a fairly pleasant experience, and i had the tooth dreams long before then.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/da5ch0/status/838785216143638530?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tooth dreams are universally common, yeah. Jung said they represented life changes, and specifically death

also I've had so many dreams about forgetting a class until exam week, and they're always so realistic, that I honestly can't remember if it once happened to me or not. I don't think it did, but the memories are so clear

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i had a dream a co-worker died and i felt unbearably sad and even was like, THIS IS JUST A DREAM, but then the entire workplace had a funeral cementing how real this was

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

oh great, now it will seem extra plausible the next time i dream it

speaking of (supposedly) common dreams, has anyone itt ever dreamed of their teeth falling out? its supposed to be an archtypical dream but ive never had it or heard of anyone having it

wasn't it Freud that said these dreams mean you are worried that a family member is going to die, or am I high?

blank "havent had a flying dream for, like, 30 years :(" isbeautiful

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

tooth dreams are universally common, yeah. Jung said they represented life changes, and specifically death

i've never had one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I used to exploit games so loving hard, even back in counterstrike 1.6 times

when you learn how to exploit it becomes a whole different game of seeing who notices first and starts throwing a poo poo fit

wife and i played cheating scrabble other day where both allowed to use word find website. actually makes very level playing field and meant i was using more than one letter most of the time

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

fishmech posted:

does worrying about having your fillings and crowns fall out/off count because i've had that since i had the real thing happen several times and that sucked hard

no, most shrinks believe that concerns specifically about broken dental work are a different category, and usually indicates a subconscious recognition that the subject is annoyingly pedantic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/FargoFX/status/838818973542055936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My anxiety dreams are: teeth falling out, a dead pet I've forgotten about :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

a little on the nose

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/837476361946206208

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ladies night, motherfuckers :heysexy:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I've never had a tooth dream but I did have a dream about dr. teeth

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

thanks for reminding me about the dreams where my childhood dog is back and just everything is nomral and stuff :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/VL3ME1I.mp4

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx84-5djQCI

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
getting out of grad school be like

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

idgi

'dont forget your' what ?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

possibly an actual illinois nazi at that

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

A bird in the hand...

...poops on your wrist.

fishmech posted:

a lot of people don't really get nightmares, or they start to have something scary and they immediately wake up or whatever

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

KoRMaK posted:

thanks for reminding me about the dreams where my childhood dog is back and just everything is nomral and stuff :smith:

same, except hair instead of dog

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

idgi

'dont forget your' what ?

pie

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

text me

uh later, when you're not so busy

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

:captainpop: :aaaaa:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sagebrush posted:

I've had tooth crumbling/falling out dreams a bunch of times.

rip me i guess

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Harrison Poured.

• Locked thread