Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Draft AS Tracer, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I didn't know that either of these were an issue with the new leaver AI system...

"Disconnected player replacement Deathwing A.I. will no longer becomes stuck in the air during Dragonflight."

"Fixed an issue with Zagara A.I. becoming stuck in the Nydus Worm if the player disconnects."

That must have been extremely frustrating for the rest of the team.

Seeya later, shitlords! *deletes their hero from the match, then disconnects*

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I got drat good at Muradin because of how blatantly broken characters like Tracer and to a way greater extent Genji were and Genji was still fuckawful to fight against.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tracer's design has never been anywhere near as toxic as Genji's.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I bought the three rings for my level like 150 genji and I b-step constantly.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
People think they can duel with my 3rd ring Arthas and his big ol' D build.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I love arthas, just sad he has such a hard time versus certain comps. But a lvl 20 arthas with the movement upgrade is hilarious.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Imagine playing as Arthas anytime Tracer is good. Or playing as any bruiser that doesn’t have a point and click stun for that matter.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

you know what hero is really loving cancerous and definitely did NOT need a rework?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Tracer's Untouchable on 13 is currently bugged and gives her way more blink distance that it's supposed to in certain situations. That talent has a 62% win rate, the next highest is only 52%. Fix that bug and she'll be fine again.

They'll nerf her too, anyway.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
What build do you guys like with the new Cassia? I tried an autoattack/avoidance build and while it did good damage/damage mitigation/self heal it was a huge pain in the rear end to play. Keeping avoidance at max while stutter-stepping your attacks and skill casts is WAY more micro/APM intensive than I want out of my casual vs AI moba experience.

It's like someone read over the new Tassadar autoattack/stand still build and said "what if we did this, but opposite??? without considering the actual gameplay. It turns your every movement into an unrewarding chore.

I heard fend build is better than old fend build???

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I have had most success with the fend built and at lvl 4 I take the talent that heals 25% life. For her level 10 it depends what kind of comp you are against, both can be useful.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

New Fend Build for Cassia solves the primary weakness of Old Fend Build (aka extended Fend means you're standing in place longer and therefore easier to blow up) while also adding new strengths (like being able to throw lightning while Fending). It's real good, but relies extremely hard on getting to Level 13 before you can engage with it consistently.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Mind over Matter posted:

Tracer's Untouchable on 13 is currently bugged and gives her way more blink distance that it's supposed to in certain situations. That talent has a 62% win rate, the next highest is only 52%. Fix that bug and she'll be fine again.

They'll nerf her too, anyway.

The new devs are idiots who don't understand that balancing around party composition just makes the game unplayable. A hero that dominates any party that lacks instant stuns is right up their alley, I'm sure Tracer will be winning MVP for a long time.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'd happily watch Tracer go back into the dumpster, and Tassadar could do with a bit too. It's so predictable at this point that it's almost despair inducing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I already played Tracer a lot before the rework and thought she was in a balanced enough position. High mobility but didn't really get much damage until all the way at level 16 so she was more of a consistent annoyance for most of the game than a deadly threat. After the rework it almost feels like cheating if the enemy comp doesn't have some sort of hard counter like Valeera or Taunt Varian. Focus Fire at level 7 means anyone slightly overextended is fair game to be focused down in the relatively early game and it just snowballs from there. Consistently getting MVP with ridiculous stats in all categories on the end screen, she should probably get a heavy nerf to bring her back in line.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I haven't played in ages, but I think I remember the adc raynor/valla builds being good for keeping her away. Does that still work well?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah seems like most matches have brightwing taunt varian and Valera anyway. Tracer is pretty buff if there’s no counter at all though, like against all mages or something.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I haven't played in ages, but I think I remember the adc raynor/valla builds being good for keeping her away. Does that still work well?

Raynor/Valla don't seem to fare as well as they used to from the games I've played. They'll still outdamage Tracer slightly in a 1v1 as far as AA damage goes but can't deal with the added burst of pulse bomb and melee when it's so hard to hit their own skillshots against her. Generally either ends with both of us low and having to back off or they get too confident and die to the melee/pulse bomb + recall. Supposedly the change to recall is supposed to be a nerf, but the added time where you don't exist means the enemy can't retaliate between you sticking the bomb and it actually exploding. They end up throwing all their abilities at nothing trying to kill you then you reappear and blink away three times.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
so the latest patch basically nerfed out of existence anyone who still played The Lost Vikings split push build after the xp orb 'anomaly'. great. :shepspends:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

cmdrk posted:

so the latest patch basically nerfed out of existence anyone who still played The Lost Vikings split push build after the xp orb 'anomaly'. great. :shepspends:

good to know I'm no longer wanted blizzard you could have just banned me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cmdrk posted:

Isn't the only nerf to split push Vikings in those notes the fact that bribed camps no longer respawn twice as fast?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SirSamVimes posted:

Isn't the only nerf to split push Vikings in those notes the fact that bribed camps no longer respawn twice as fast?

Spin to win got a pretty nasty reduction to its waveclear.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

WITCHCRAFT posted:

There should be a cow level map. The Cow King as a merc boss.

blizz pls

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Maybe an act 1-based map with the first quest (cleansing the cave), a cow level, and andariel as three objectives or something.
I'd really love a new map, regardless of what its theme is.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The boss should be Duriel, completed with lag-induced instant death charge attacks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stop giving them good ideas. They A) don't deserve them and B) won't use them properly.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You think we'll get a new map before they just kill it?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

We will not get a new map. Lol, when was the last hero?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lmao someone just confirmed that the devs have seen my lost vikings rework and the shout-out was the wording of the new baelog talent

what a time to be alive

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Haunted Mines rework where both teams get sucked into a procgen instance, first one to defeat the boss gets it.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
Cassia hell poke build seems to be back with her buffs, MVPed all my QM games because nobody wanted to dive and so I just slowly stacked up until I was throwing splitting 500 dmg projectiles by the end. Health and armor changes are nice, maybe too nice..

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
so it's now snowing and stuff on the maps. WHOSE THE NEXT HERO GONNA BE?

or is the snow a metaphor for the game giving in to the icy embrace of death? :ohdear:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
New hero is Santa. Christmas in July!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bolvar

You get him by preordering shadowlands I bet

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Mei has good potential to be the most bullshit character in the game if they accurately transfer her essence to HOTS. Autoattack while moving which stuns after a second of hitting an enemy hero, high damage ranged projectile, Tassadar walls, ult which is a throwable Mosh Pit. It's going to be horrible and I won't play anyone else.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

Stuns would render her incredibly op without some sort of combo. Roots and really low damage could interesting, though. Gating damage behind hard to hit skillshots (that have low cool downs) is probably the way they'll do it.

Alternatively, give her the option to mod her basic attack on that way in level 10 instead of an ult.

If they do it. Which they won't, I'm afraid.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

guess noone is playing this these days, but man, playing malganis vs chogall is the dumbest thing ever. dude walks up in the middle of a fight, i swap his health for mine and he just dies instantly. its the best thing ever

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

And he didn't counter it once with molten shell or Twilight's Hammer, I presume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Grei Skuring posted:

And he didn't counter it once with molten shell or Twilight's Hammer, I presume?

not once!