Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That burglar is acting absolutely babaric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE THAT JOKE !

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It was a real photo finish. It could have easily been your post first.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lady Disdain posted:

Is "what about [famous figure], only fuckable ?" a 21st century thing, or is this just human nature ?

I refer you to one William Shakespeare, and before him to one Herodotus

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/emmaluck22/status/1616973460298944513

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

He's hanging out in Cuba with 2Pac

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't want to be around when he comes back with whatever he's gone to retrieve :ohdear:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Is the curled fin a common feature, then ? Didn't that orca that killed someone at seaworld have a curled fin ? Was it this lad ?

e: a quick google search reveals two orcas that've killed people at seawolrd: Tilikum and Keto, both with curled dorsal fins.
Additional googling says that this is common for orcas in captivity, because being in captivity fucks them up [paraphrased].

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Jan 22, 2023

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Lady Disdain posted:

Is the curled fin a common feature, then ? Didn't that orca that killed someone at seaworld have a curled fin ? Was it this lad ?

e: a quick google search reveals two orcas that've killed people at seawolrd: Tilikum and Keto, both with curled dorsal fins.
Additional googling says that this is common for orcas in captivity, because being in captivity fucks them up [paraphrased].

Free Willy taught me that

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
The topic is so depressing that I'm not even going to make a joke about Free Willy being what you call your creepy biology teacher.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Orcas should never be captive

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey, I'll have you know the orca I keep in my backyard pool leads a very lush life. He can even turn around in there, and gets all the squirrels and stray cats that fall in.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I don't have a backyard pool or an orca, but I do have a pond, a koi and a waterproof Sharpie, so give me 20 minutes and I'll have the world's tiniest orca.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I simply gave my orca robot legs and an exoskeleton.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1079863420458074112?s=20

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
John McAfee being @dril makes so much sense

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dril is alive though, very much unlike mcafee

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dril is alive though, very much unlike mcafee

I have an idea about the cause of death.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You know thinking about it "if I ever suicide myself I didn't" does read like a dril tweet.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't want to be around when he comes back with whatever he's gone to retrieve :ohdear:

He'll come back with Eddie Aikau, and the island kingdom of Hawaii will rejoice.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

We Got Us A Bread posted:

He'll come back with Eddie Aikau, and the island kingdom of Hawaii will rejoice.
On first read I though this was still about McAfee. I though the people of Hawaii would have better taste than that.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't want to be around when he comes back with whatever he's gone to retrieve

Call me, Ishmael!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I saw a screenshot of another article headline from him as a reply to "show me a good role model for young men to replace Andrew Tate".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ok this belongs here

https://twitter.com/ABsneurosurgeon/status/1617352803181010948

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Obligatory "someone please explain the specifically-American sporting event for the rest of us" comment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lady Disdain posted:

Obligatory "someone please explain the specifically-American sporting event for the rest of us" comment.

Getting into why this play in particular is funny would require tedious explanation of various American football procedures. The short and sweet version is: the Cowboys (team in white, also one of the most hated sports teams in America) tried an extremely unusual play at the end of a game they needed to win to continue their season and it failed immediately and painfully.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Disdain posted:

Imagine if a soccer team decided to line every player up in the wrong position and literally poo poo themselves instead of trying to kick the ball. That's about what you're seeing in American football terms.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Cowboy’s advertise themselves as America’s team too.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Those are two fabulous explanations, and I greatly appreciate your time.

e: also, lol.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Imagine if a soccer team decided to line every player up in the wrong position and literally poo poo themselves instead of trying to kick the ball. That's about what you're seeing in American football terms.

Also the team is Man U in this scenario

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

The short and sweet version is: the Cowboys (team in white, also one of the most hated sports teams in America)

Tell that to the local network affiliates here in central Florida that on sundays only play Jags, Dolphins or Bucs games, unless they’re not playing, then we get the loving cowboys or packers or whatever lovely team that hasn’t won anything in the last decade. I hate that the cowboys are “americas team”, but now that they’re on year 28 without winning the NFC championship, they’re doing about as good as America is in general

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cacafuego posted:

Tell that to the local network affiliates here in central Florida that on sundays only play Jags, Dolphins or Bucs games, unless they’re not playing, then we get the loving cowboys or packers or whatever lovely team that hasn’t won anything in the last decade. I hate that the cowboys are “americas team”, but now that they’re on year 28 without winning the NFC championship, they’re doing about as good as America is in general

You don't get to be the most hated team without being one of the most popular teams first. See also the Yankees and Lakers, or the aforementioned Man U for an overseas example.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's really weird for them to be called America's Team. Were they the first ones to call themselves that? The Blue Jays are Canada's team because they are the only Canadian team in the MLB.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lobok posted:

It's really weird for them to be called America's Team. Were they the first ones to call themselves that? The Blue Jays are Canada's team because they are the only Canadian team in the MLB.

the term "America's Team" comes from back when NFL Films would do season-in-reviews for each team in the league and the Cowboys that year had an absolute dogshit season with little redeeming qualities, but they always try to put a positive spin in the titles for each review and the most positive thing the editor could come up with was that even at away games, there were always tons of Cowboys fans in the stadium everywhere they went, so he titled it America's Team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol is it really from NFL Yearbook and not the team's own marketing? I never heard that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's literally a participation trophy for an entire team lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They were also one of the first NFL franchises in the South (the Saints and Falcons formed in the 60s, but a few years later and they were abysmal for decades; the Oilers were an AFL team) so they were the default regional team for much of the country for some time, kind of like the Braves in baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I do love watching smug billionaire Jerry Jones getting stomped out of the playoffs every year