Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The LotR mod has some cool map tech going for a coming update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Pakled posted:

I haven't explored CK3's mod scene so I dunno if there's anything like it out there yet but all the various total conversion mods for CK2 really expanded its lifetime for me. After The End was amazing.

Godherja is worth checking out, although I suspect it's in development hell right now. It's the mod Daysbefore was talking about.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pakled posted:

I haven't explored CK3's mod scene so I dunno if there's anything like it out there yet but all the various total conversion mods for CK2 really expanded its lifetime for me. After The End was amazing.

The Way of Kings mod is amazing imho. It's pretty great in it's own right, here's a vid of a prominent CK3 content creator who has no idea about the setting but explains why the mod is so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWx-vN8RzA

And if you are a Stormlight Archive fan, it's a thousand times more amazing.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

How far along is Elder Kings? Kinda hype for that despite never playing Elder Kings for CK2.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Godherja exists and is cool. After the End is releasing a CK3 version at some point. Tales of Ireland is fantastic for your total conversion needs unless you hate Ireland for some reason. The really complicated stuff isn't quite out yet (if nothing else the art is a lot harder to do with 3D models as opposed to 2D portraits) but it's being worked on.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Drone posted:

How far along is Elder Kings? Kinda hype for that despite never playing Elder Kings for CK2.

They will only release after the first proper CK3 expansion, the one about courts. It's safe to assume other modders wait for it too. A lot of mods probably want that inventory systems and are afraid they'll have to rework a lot of stuff anyway.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

ilitarist posted:

They will only release after the first proper CK3 expansion, the one about courts. It's safe to assume other modders wait for it too. A lot of mods probably want that inventory systems and are afraid they'll have to rework a lot of stuff anyway.

yeah see No Step Back doing something to the HOI4 character system that broke every mod way more than was expected

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Torrannor posted:

The Way of Kings mod is amazing imho. It's pretty great in it's own right, here's a vid of a prominent CK3 content creator who has no idea about the setting but explains why the mod is so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWx-vN8RzA

Woah, I had no idea this mod existed, and I am a Stormlight Archive fan. I think I may be taking a peek at this over the weekend.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Hellioning posted:

After the End is releasing a CK3 version at some point.

Amazing artwork.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Torrannor posted:

How full of spoilers is it? I'm only 3/4 of the way through the first book.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

After the End would make a great Vicky 3 mod.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

How full of spoilers is it? I'm only 3/4 of the way through the first book.

Very full. I wouldn't recommend playing this unless you've read all the books. I can't specifically recall and Rhythm of War spoilers right now, but I'm sure there are some in there. But there are tons of spoilers for Oathbringer and the earlier books.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pakled posted:

The Bronze Age mod for it is pretty cool even if development of it is going slow

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

For those interested, the Vic2 to HoI4 converter now fully supports No Step Back. Details, links, etc. on the Paradox forums or Steam workshop.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

idhrendur posted:

For those interested, the Vic2 to HoI4 converter now fully supports No Step Back. Details, links, etc. on the Paradox forums or Steam workshop.

You and your team are heroes for staying current all these years. Can’t wait to do a ck3-eu4-vicky3-hoi4 campaign!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I personally cannot wait to do a CK3-EU5-VIC3-HOI5 megacampaign.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alikchi posted:

You and your team are heroes for staying current all these years. Can’t wait to do a ck3-eu4-vicky3-hoi4 campaign!

Also for the awesome contact that he provides on YouTube such as the annual ISP one and others.

So yes very much thanks to the team.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

idhrendur posted:

You and your team do excellent work, I can't thank you enough for it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Vichan posted:

Amazing artwork.

Ahaha, poo poo. Are those members of the Cult of Cortez?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

it's been a minute since I've seen the video talking about it but iirc the people in armor are the Captains, the military leader of Imperial Brazil, where as the people in green are the bureaucratic leadership. Brazil has a unique mechanic that rather then just having an increasing scale of crown authority they have to balance it between these two factions.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
News on the harassment stuff that came out last year.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

as recommended by Paradox staff unions

That’s the lesson that no American studio employee base is going to take from this.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

News on the harassment stuff that came out last year.

The part where it says they're adopting all of the third parties recommendation sounds good. We'll see how it improves next report but a promising start.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Sweden probably has the highest concentration of micro plastics in tap water in earth.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Sweden probably has the highest concentration of micro plastics in tap water in earth.

Any particular reason why that is the case?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Hellioning posted:

I personally cannot wait to do a CK3-EU5-VIC3-HOI5 megacampaign.

Ah yes, we shall conquer through the ages in 2064

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Really the retirement home is the ideal gaming environment so this sounds good to me

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Locking myself in my room playing EU10 while the normie seniors have smash tournaments and watch the Office.

Also, I've gotten drunk or high and made many regrettable posts on SA but drat I love this one. The thread title always makes me literally lol.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

aphid_licker posted:

Really the retirement home is the ideal gaming environment so this sounds good to me

Yah, personally I've been staring at map games on computer screens since the 1980s, will be doing it until they nail the coffin lid shut.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm working on getting my mind uploaded so I can paint maps until the death of the Sun.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I'm working on getting my mind uploaded so I can paint maps until the death of the Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCdoCfw-bY

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The archaeologists enter the ziggurat. In the inner chamber surrounding the sarcophagus is a lovingly-detailed map of mid-15th century Europe carved and painted on the stone, a sweet rear end gaming rig, and 350 boxed copies of Svea Rike 3. The mason's mark, translated from the old english glyphs, reads "your capiatlists has build an factroy XD"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Imagine the number of pops we can simulate with one of those!

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/europa-universalis-iv-complete

It looks like it has nearly everything for $20. The only one missing, the newest immersion pack, is on discount. Seems like a good deal, even if you have a bunch of them already. Maybe I'll do a vanilla game for once.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
nuh uh no way, I learned my lesson from eu3 complete

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Heh, was just going to post that I'll wait for EU4 Chronicles edition.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what are you talking about EU3 complete got me through until I got steam and thus could buy EU IV

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

karmicknight posted:

what are you talking about EU3 complete got me through until I got steam and thus could buy EU IV

It's something of an injoke that it was not in fact complete. It's only got two of the four expansions (because the other two came out after it).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
my joke was that I missed the extra expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

how much is the EU4 subscription