Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

The only thing I remember about quantum leap is that gif I won’t post

???

Xenomrph posted:

Pulse Rifles? The gun itself is just a Thompson SMG merged with a Spas-12 as the underslung part, with other bits slapped on. The ones in the movie fired blanks, and could fire live ammo.

You could conceivably convert a working Thompson into a pulse rifle, and there are airsoft conversion kits.

I believe I've seen videos of people who have converted them Pulse Rifles but still fire, I know someone used to make kits for the revolver used as the base of the Blade Runner Blaster that still fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It contains a slur.

I might pick up the lanard figures but the humans just look so bad. Turns me off a bit. I think they’re cute though and fully on board with more. Maybe even an alien 2 pack.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The humans are bad but their guns, vehicles, and accessories are solid.

Also there are “blind packed” Alien eggs from Mega Construx (those lego knockoffs that are usually licensed for random stuff like Halo and whatever). Each egg has a pair of Aliens and two facehuggers that you have to fish out of a handful of slime and then put together. The slime is the good stuff, too - it’s reusable and only really sticks to itself and it doesn’t leave a gross residue behind. I’m planning to load the slime up in the old Kenner Queen Hive Playset and slime a bunch of figures and regress back to a childhood state for a while. :kiddo:

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/toys-for-8-year-old/mega-construx-xenomorph-egg-blind-pack-gnn74

https://youtu.be/F3hPERQDaEs

I’ve also been using this Jurassic World set to slime random figures, it’s generic enough that it works fine with Aliens/Predator stuff.

https://youtu.be/wX-lo6INKHA

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 29, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh I’ve seen the eggs! I didn’t realise there was slime inside, which now makes sense on them being so heavy. I’ve got a couple of the mini-figures from the carded packs before, and they’re really fun.

I’ve been hoping they’d do actual sets with them, but no. :/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Oh I’ve seen the eggs! I didn’t realise there was slime inside, which now makes sense on them being so heavy. I’ve got a couple of the mini-figures from the carded packs before, and they’re really fun.

I’ve been hoping they’d do actual sets with them, but no. :/

I like the little minifigures they’ve done for random stuff, I got their Hellboy recently. So far I think my favorite has been their Terminator endoskeletons (even if they’re the Genisys redesign).

There have been photos of a prototype Predator minifigure, so that’s in the pipeline.

Edit— before you go buying any Alien eggs, the contents aren’t “random” there’s an embossed serial number on the bottom of each egg, and the last two digits tell you what you’re getting. “76” is the orange/grey Aliens in yellow slime, “77” is the light green/glow in the dark Aliens in silver slime, and “78” is the red/dark green Aliens in green slime.

I got all three and then merged the three slimes into one colossal mega-slime.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 30, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

At my local grocery store someone went and bought all the aliens and just the aliens lol.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They’ve done Star Trek and Futurama stuff too. For a long time I had a vignette of the Welshy scene from Where No Fan Has Gone Before on my desk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They’ve got the general Trek licence, did a bigass TOS Enterprise and a few other sets, and then put out 3(?) TNG figures on cards and called it a day. Do more TNG! Or give it to Lego properly!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Mythic Legions would be so cool if they could do more than just stand in neutral poses. They somehow have wise articulation than Diamond Selects, and that's impressive.

Do you have any Mythic Legions figures? I can get mine into all kinds of sweet poses.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Do you have any Mythic Legions figures? I can get mine into all kinds of sweet poses.

I've messed around with the He-Man barbarian and the elf warrior woman. Was really disappointing that you couldn't even get her into a proper archer pose because of the elbows.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I've messed around with the He-Man barbarian and the elf warrior woman. Was really disappointing that you couldn't even get her into a proper archer pose because of the elbows.

Yeah I agree that the posablity isn't great with this line, especially with getting an archer pose. But I collect them because of the cool sculpts/paint, and I dig sword & sorcery fantasy stuff.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Speaking of Mythic Legions I just got in the new Argemedes and Cassia figures. I got out of the line and was unable to cancel my orders.

I’m selling the pair for $135 shipped. PM me if anyone wants to cop.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone heard of a black suit superman figure coming out or being out? Might be a variant.

I don't know anything about it, other than I want it, but I don't even know what the line is called to search for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new McFarland Multiverse line? Probably a SDCC exclusive.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, think this was a smaller scale one. He's rocking the beard and the suit from when the comics had him as a background superman who just sort of handled poo poo without being noticed by the JL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit: I remember. It's not the Pre Rebirth Superman, it's the Return of Superman suit but they didnt give the figure his mullet. Very similar suits.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YsxVHz2a1TjG72UPA

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 30, 2020

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/collectsideshow...719772632080384

I want one of these.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m probably gonna preorder it....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm waiting for Hot Toys because the Sideshow one can't drink soup.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I preordered it because I’m insane

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want to get it, but honestly 350 for it seems like price gouging.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s insanely cheap going by how it’s been. A life sized ultra detailed statue like that goes for 500-1000 bucks. I was shocked it was 350.

I did the payment plan which is the best way to go.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

There's gonna be a bunch of busted mando halloween costumes where they clearly broke the budget on that toy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The reason the life size status are expensive is cause they are big and heavily detailed like boba Fett or Vader or the endoskeleton from Terminator. He's like 16 inches tall. It's not that much bigger than the toy that's coming, not to mention the plush ones with the plastic head, etc.

He should be around baby groot prices, but it's star wars so the licensing is loving 💸💸💸💸💸

Not saying it's not awesome, just that it's a money grab, same as the new sideshow DC and marvel comic figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Statues are always expensive as hell. I have a Friday pt 3 statue from SS I got maybe 6 or 7 years ago that was around 300 bucks, and it’s the same size as that yoda and not nearly as detailed.

It’s a wack hobby. Maybe HT might make one groot priced, which would be rad but I dunno. I kinda feel this one. It depends how detailed it is in the final. Which god I hope it is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna cry if it looks like rear end lmao. Which I deserve but imma take this chance.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It’s essentially a prop replica of the puppet, $350 is pretty standard for that size and detail.

Anyways, there is going to be so much Baby Yoda merch by next year I’m in no rush to commit to anything but what I already collect, so the Black Series it is!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

$350 is really not bad at all for the size, is that cute little fucker poseable? I'm going to preorder it if so.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is not sadly. HT might do one that is but no one really knows. Theirs might be in the 500 dollar range like their other 18 inch stuff.

(Groot was 12 inches)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat. :smith:

I guess I'll wait for the HT version then, if I can't have him peering around the back of my monitor then it's all for nothing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ah I guess HT just announced their life sized figure, so hey that’s cool!

I dunno. I really like the look of this but we’ll see. I’ll lose 35 bucks if I jump to the HT which kinda stinks but isn’t the worst I guess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are there any images? "Hot Toys The Child" isn't bringing up much, guess it isn't specific enough. lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No images just an announcement on Facebook.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They announced they’ll have him in life size, 1/4 scale, 1/6 scale and cosbaby.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

sigher posted:

Are there any images? "Hot Toys The Child" isn't bringing up much, guess it isn't specific enough. lol

congratulations you are now under arrest.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I'll wait for the Hot Toys scale one to go with the proper silver Mando. Maybe... THIS will be the last figure I buy. :lol:

I don't trust Sideshow after I got their AoTC Geonosis Droid and the loving arm broke cause it was made of cheap rear end loving plastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have Hot Toys announced the silver Mando or are we all just assuming?

(Because obviously they will, but I gotta know.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I actually like the original red/brown armor look more. Silver gives me too much of a Phasma vibe and doesn't look as cool and weathered.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nanigans posted:

I actually like the original red/brown armor look more. Silver gives me too much of a Phasma vibe and doesn't look as cool and weathered.

It’s just slightly too chunky and doesn’t fit well on Pascal’s slim frame. He looks like a cosplayer. The beat-up armor looked so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was also expecting the acquisition of his armor to be more drawn out, with him having to acquire it piecemeal over the course of the show as he takes jobs or whatever rather than getting the whole thing in the second episode.