Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't that just a microwave safe bowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't that just a microwave safe bowl?

shaped specifically to fit dry ramen!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Pretty much. But its $2 and its pretty sturdy and the side handles are nice. Need to get a second one though cause I eat 2 packs at a time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How long does it take to cook noodles in a microwave oven?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ChocNitty posted:

Pretty much. But its $2 and its pretty sturdy and the side handles are nice. Need to get a second one though cause I eat 2 packs at a time.

1,820 x 2 = 3640mg sodium

Dude you're gonna die.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just use 1/4 of the flavor packet

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
But that's less flavor.

You actually gotta add more poo poo, like Sriracha, egg, and soy sauce.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you drain all the cooking water and make a dry style ramen then you can get away with much less flavor packet. Cook the ramen and only add the flavorings after the water is drained.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Use two flavor packets. Rub it on your gums.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

overdesigned posted:

Use two flavor packets. Rub it on your gums.

I mix two packets with my heroin.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lookit these bourgeois fuckers with their heroin & cocaine. Just snort the ramen packets like the rest of us hobos.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Don't cook the ramen and it eat dry you morons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Don't cook the ramen and it eat dry you morons

You can't cook your ramen and eat it dry.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

If you drain all the cooking water and make a dry style ramen then you can get away with much less flavor packet. Cook the ramen and only add the flavorings after the water is drained.

This is the correct way. Chili flavor and cholula was my jam in college

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Salt doesn't really matter unless you have hypertension.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Pick posted:

Salt doesn't really matter unless you have hypertension.

high sodium intake leads to hypertension you goon

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Drink water

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Look, I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Aramek posted:

I've always been a "fan" of this thinking. Mostly because literally everyone who says this turns into a crying baby bitch as soon as they get sick. Well at least with my family, we're 3/3 right now. Meanwhile my fast food eating, cigarette obsessed ex roommate just got told that, at 27, his high blood pressure is beyond help and medication would only make things worse or some other horrible prognosis. This dude is so drat young to be hearing stuff like that...

It's funny, now it's the companies and SOCIETY and marketing and our poo poo healthcare (that last one is partially true) who are to blame for their terrible health complications.

My point is, do people ever say this sentiment in good faith?

E: fixed a word

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Oct 12, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

KingSlime posted:

I've always been a "fan" of this thinking. Mostly because literally everyone who says this turns into a crying baby bitch as soon as they get sick. Well at least with my family, we're 3/3 right now. Meanwhile my fast food eating, cigarette obsessed ex roommate just got told that, at 27, his high blood pressure is beyond help and medication would only make things worse or some other horrible prognosis. This dude is so drat young to be hearing stuff like that...

It's funny, now it's the companies and SOCIETY and marketing our poo poo healthcare (that last one is partially true) who are to blame for their terrible health complications.

Aramek posted:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Well, the math works out.

My friend was very much always depressed before he got sick, as is often the case with people who legit don't care about their health or consume truckloads of salt/sugar on the daily. But I suppose the second part of that statement is accurate at least.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heeheee, it is weird to me that we live in a time where leather boots and denim pants are NOT good for inclement weather.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

KingSlime posted:

It's funny, now it's the companies and SOCIETY and marketing and our poo poo healthcare (that last one is partially true) who are to blame for their terrible health complications.

E: fixed a word

people almost never do anything in good faith if it is against their perceived interest

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heeheee, it is weird to me that we live in a time where leather boots and denim pants are NOT good for inclement weather.

They will and always will be just fine until you get to the -10's or below. Then you should put on an extra pair of socks under your leather boots and some long johns under your denim pants. Wrap a plastic bag around the first sock and put the second sock over that for 100% warm feet protection.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

high sodium intake leads to hypertension you goon

This is unfortunately incorrect information.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317099.php

More sources inside article.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

1,820 x 2 = 3640mg sodium

Dude you're gonna die.

In prison we would keep the flavoring packets and use them as salt, to make the lovely pasta taste better. They called me Ramen man, after a guy offered me six packs of Ramen if I snorted a flavor packet, so I did. It burns like hell, but it was worth it, since my family and friends got tired of putting money on my books and I had no commisary money. I saw a guy get shanked over six Ramen’s. He borrowed, and didn’t pay up. But I made the same mistake, and I ended up hitting a guy in the face so that they would put me in an ad seg cell so I wouldn’t get shanked over the Ramen. But even that wasn’t enough to protect myself, so I had to get into another fight so that they would transfer me to another facility.

I love Ramen is what im saying.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

In prison we would keep the flavoring packets and use them as salt, to make the lovely pasta taste better. They called me Ramen man, after a guy offered me six packs of Ramen if I snorted a flavor packet, so I did. It burns like hell, but it was worth it, since my family and friends got tired of putting money on my books and I had no commisary money. I saw a guy get shanked over six Ramen’s. He borrowed, and didn’t pay up. But I made the same mistake, and I ended up hitting a guy in the face so that they would put me in an ad seg cell so I wouldn’t get shanked over the Ramen. But even that wasn’t enough to protect myself, so I had to get into another fight so that they would transfer me to another facility.

That was a mind bending tale my friend

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ChocNitty posted:

Can I frame this post?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
But.... the flavor packets are to make the lovely ramen noodles taste better.

This seems like trading one problem for another.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's ok to use the entire flavor packet. Just don't drink all the broth.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

It's ok to use the entire flavor packet. Just don't drink all the broth.

Pour the excess broth into ice cube trays to make a delicious frozen treat!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pour the excess broth into ice cube trays to make a delicious frozen treat!

For dogs

I eat that cup ramen where the flavor packet is enfused in the noodles but I don’t really like soup so I just pour it out and eat the flavorful noodles

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ramen packets, if you are just using the noodles are pretty economical if you know how to dress them.

It's no fresh udon or whatever but I've made a ton of great dishes in my poor days and I've yet to have a heart attack over it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
loving drink the broth if you're a healthy weight and do your cardio.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
loving drink the broth anyway, who cares.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pick posted:

loving drink the broth if you're a healthy weight and do your cardio.

Bold of you to assume

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Fake Balenciagas from Boohoo

Got these in 11

And these in 12

Not sure which will fit so I guess whichever fits is the one I’ll keep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rub the broth on your taint and throw the uncooked noodles at a homeless.