Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Wow, you can zoom out on the map much farther now and zooming out no longer accidentally dumps you back to the world map 95% of the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder how hard the encounter are going to be in B&W, because those special mutagen bonuses look like they're incredibly powerful.

One of them adds half your drawn sword's damage to your sign intensity. Unless I'm misunderstanding that, that's like another 300-500 sign intensity? That's a fuckload. But then there's another that gives you a scaling damage and sign intensity bonus based on your Toxicity, up to 75%. Obviously you can't have both, but that one basically lets you double your attack power just by having a couple decoctions on and holy poo poo (unless those don't count because they "reserve" toxicity?). Obviously you can only have one of those but they both seem crazy good. If decoctions don't count for the toxicity one I'll go for the sword-damage-into-sign-intensity one, but jeez, any of these would make any encounter in the main game or HoS just fall down and cry.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 30, 2016

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Selane posted:

Wow, you can zoom out on the map much farther now and zooming out no longer accidentally dumps you back to the world map 95% of the time!

This has been my favorite change in the new UI and its not close, previous map was bullshit to scroll around with.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 30, 2016

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Eeeh... kind of bummed out they didn't implement something like that quick potion/oil/bomb use menu from friendlyhud or quest markers on the map.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ymgve posted:

There's also (Major Hearts of Stone spoilers) this

This loving game. They thought of everything!

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
The undying perk makes fistfights so good. I didn't even think of it working in fistfights.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
All these UI changes and they still haven't managed a way to merge together the dozen "different" stacks of Viziman Champion and other drinks. And monster mutagens still don't stack. And the inventory still won't group stacks/items properly. (Why does the mutagen page still look like a bad game of Dr. Mario instead of being in some orderly fasion? And yes, I've tried all the sorts.)

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the UI stuff is good, but now I don't know how much my items are worth when I'm selling them in the shop. where'd they put that now?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ymgve posted:

All these UI changes and they still haven't managed a way to merge together the dozen "different" stacks of Viziman Champion and other drinks. And monster mutagens still don't stack. And the inventory still won't group stacks/items properly. (Why does the mutagen page still look like a bad game of Dr. Mario instead of being in some orderly fasion? And yes, I've tried all the sorts.)

My only real complaint about the UI changes is, like, why the hell don't mutagens stack? Why can't I sort them by color, at the very least? I went to the mutagen page right away expecting some changes but nope, it's a mess.

Oh, well. Everything else rules and it's not like I need to mess with mutagens all that much anymore. Just equip the ones I want and leave them there.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Yeah, unlimited stacking of booze and mutagens are the two things that still need to be upgraded.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Found a bug, the music for the Crones doesn't play. Not a gamebreaker, but disappointing because I love how creepy that track is.
I did the sequence break to free the tree spirit. I don't think it really counts as a sequence break, because it is presented as a standalone sidequest without any weird dialogue bumps. The biggest difference is that the Crones don't blame Anna for freeing the children, and don't curse her to be a Hag. Plus, Downwarren gets trashed like normal if you betray the Crones, but that is just Black Beauty taking vengeance.

This game is all about rationalizing and justifying your actions, isn't it?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I think now that I'm finished with DOOM I'm gonna give this one more try to catch me

I tend to get just bored and/or lost and stop playingh about an hour or two in, though, and I'm not quite sure why

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Also got the free XP bug. Was halfway to lvl 22. After the patch I was at 2000/2000. Killed a random baddy and leveled up withoit any popup letting me know it happened.

Also a huge bug for me was my map now shows ALL undiscovered location question marks.
I'm pretty pissed about this because I now have no idea what I've found through message boards and random clues through readings. I'll get over it but it just kinda sucks.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My PC is so precariously within the realm of being able to run this- running medium @ 1600x900- I really easily notice when performance takes a hit. If anything, things are running better post-patch.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Liking the new patch a lot so far, although Roach's tail has disappeared. :( Also noticed they did some rework on the witcher armors. At least the Enhanced Feline one I'm wearing looks slightly better now.

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 30, 2016

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Well I no longer have any gold but I have full suits and swords for every school plus the Ofieri set.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't think I have time to finish all the armor sets in NG+ before B&W drops and that bums me out. Just finding all the recipes takes a while. Also I haven't unlocked Kaer Mohren yet so wolf is not gonna be possible anyway.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

That sucks man, it's a problem with the way they get their immortality flag removed, but it *should* be fixed if you leave and return. Not sure why it wouldn't work, lemme know if you figure it out. You should also drop a line to our customer support people, they are very good and might have a solution I don't know of.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Hey good news, a full restore and the bandits are now trying to murder me and everything seems to be working fine. Now I can enjoy your quest!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The level scaling is great. No more one hit kill Witcher contracts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just checking before I jump in, I don't have either expansion but I still get the same 1.2 patch with all the improvements I'm reading about, right?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Just checking before I jump in, I don't have either expansion but I still get the same 1.2 patch with all the improvements I'm reading about, right?
Yep.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, but you will probably want to get the expansions at some point. You're at least 60 gameplay hours away from that point, though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've heard they're good yeah but I've gotta be able to play for more than an hour first

I mentioned in the games chat thread, in theory this is my ideal game--lots of focus on characterization and world building with gameplay as a veneer--but for some reason I tend to get bored/tired of it one to two hours in

My only steam achievement is Lilac and Gooseberries for god's sake :v:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The moment that pulled me in was my first time in Velen and just seeing how absolutely loving large the game was and getting into the Baron quests. I had a tough time really 'feeling' it in white orchard, so try to get to Velen if you haven't @ least

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Do games normally unlock at the same time on GOG as on Steam?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

21 Hoot Salute posted:

The moment that pulled me in was my first time in Velen and just seeing how absolutely loving large the game was and getting into the Baron quests. I had a tough time really 'feeling' it in white orchard, so try to get to Velen if you haven't @ least

Yeah, White Orchard is alright and it serves as a great introduction to the flow of gameplay, but it's strictly a tutorial zone, and the game kicks in hard as soon as you finish it. Although I rather liked the whole build-up into the griffin hunting, and the cute herbalist lady.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Wachepti posted:

Do games normally unlock at the same time on GOG as on Steam?

No, not generally

But in Blood and Wine's case, yes.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
So is this really releasing in 1.5 hours?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjI1zjaSUE

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Looks like it's out now on gog :getin:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hemophilia posted:

My PC is so precariously within the realm of being able to run this- running medium @ 1600x900- I really easily notice when performance takes a hit. If anything, things are running better post-patch.

Agreed. My settings didnt change at all outside of water effects which I bump back up and it seems that its running more smoothly. That is, I dont feel it dropping to the point that G-Sync has issues. Everything feels smoother, more consistently.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Looks like it's out now on gog :getin:

:eek: Hurry up fat Gabe Newell click the release button!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. It's a weird thing coming to this game with no real knowledge of the world--I think they banked on that to try and set up moral choices for you. I'm in Novigrad and I accepted a Witcher contract Guards gettin' murked by some mysterious creature, as they were out a whoring. I track it down, determine it's a succubus, think "okay, it's probably gonna try and seduce/deceive me like all those rear end in a top hat lady ghosts did." so when the dialogue tree begins I just choose to straight up murder her. I mean, succubus, kills guys with sex, just a monster with a pretty face. But then I read the glossary entry after turning the quest in and I saw that in this world, succubi are not murderous at all, and don't steal souls or suck blood or anything like that. They're just super nymphos.

I bet if I'd played Witcher 2 or read a book or whatever, I'd not have been so untrusting out the gate, but because I was ignorant of the setting, I ended up making a logical, but clearly more callous choice, without even meaning to. Have I mentioned I really like how this game handles its moral choices and quest outcomes?

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Huh. It's a weird thing coming to this game with no real knowledge of the world--I think they banked on that to try and set up moral choices for you. I'm in Novigrad and I accepted a Witcher contract Guards gettin' murked by some mysterious creature, as they were out a whoring. I track it down, determine it's a succubus, think "okay, it's probably gonna try and seduce/deceive me like all those rear end in a top hat lady ghosts did." so when the dialogue tree begins I just choose to straight up murder her. I mean, succubus, kills guys with sex, just a monster with a pretty face. But then I read the glossary entry after turning the quest in and I saw that in this world, succubi are not murderous at all, and don't steal souls or suck blood or anything like that. They're just super nymphos.

I bet if I'd played Witcher 2 or read a book or whatever, I'd not have been so untrusting out the gate, but because I was ignorant of the setting, I ended up making a logical, but clearly more callous choice, without even meaning to. Have I mentioned I really like how this game handles its moral choices and quest outcomes?

Maybe you're just a sociopath?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is why you always check your glossary when doing witcher contracts. :eng101:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Game straight up tells you to check glossary before engaging new monsters or doing Witcher contracts, early in the tutorial mind you

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

SirSamVimes posted:

This is why you always check your glossary when doing witcher contracts. :eng101:

Like that guy who released a pella on the world because she asked him to ship her bones to an ex-lover.

Read those glossary entries!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Look at the bright side, you won't have an unmade Succubus Decotion in your alchemy list forever taunting you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Aww yeah. More top notch Witcher content, here I come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
If it makes you feel better, Lambert, or most other witchers really, probably would have done the same. Geralt's a bit of a softy.