Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The last chimera home had real charm.

This one makes me sad.

The 'rock in mud' water feature is tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Youth Decay posted:

What began as a single-wide mobile home is now something...more

load-bearing pergola

this looks extremely safe

I wonder what the neighbors in the trailer park think.

They're all envious as gently caress, thats what they think.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
That is a Sims home. You had your tiny starter box, and added rooms all over and made it look nice from one veiw, but forgot to change the roof and back because you're going to put another room back there as soon as your alien family gets back from Isla Paridisio's Myshuno tournament

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Synthbuttrange posted:

also it appears to be a wizard

Speak, friend, and enter.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Platystemon posted:

Speak, friend, and enter.

Puff puff pass, friend, and enter.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Puff puff pass, friend, and enter.

Puff, puff friend, and pass.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Ground floor: plumbing
Urinals and bidets
Pissoirs and commodes
Going up

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I feel like there's a "Love in an Elevator " joke here.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

Urinals and bidets
Pissoirs and commodes
Going up

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Urinals and bidets
Pissoirs and commodes
Going up

"Are you free?"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Plot twist: this is inside the elevator.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

therobit posted:

I feel like there's a "Love in an Elevator " joke here.

Lol just reminded how absolutely cringy that song is

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
X-post from the Awkward/Ugly/Gross thread:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
When the tile guy only knows how to cut in half on the diagonal

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:effortless:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

*needs to vacuum for the first time* gently caress

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr.Radar posted:

Wh... Why not just fill in the rest of the diagonal? In either direction? Or just straight-line the back? What's the point???

e: there's tile in the nearer room!!!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:stonk:
I hope the people responsible for the crap ITT don't take the same DIY approach to medical care.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Mr.Radar posted:

RCS reduction so the boston dynamics dogs can't navigate through your house and kill you.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Floor inspired by a Sonic the Hedgehog level title card.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

"Here's our scraps from the last job. Make it work."

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

BraveUlysses posted:

Lol just reminded how absolutely cringy Aerosmith is

FTFY

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

AzureSkys posted:

"Here's our scraps from the last job. Make it work."

The previous owner of my last house was a BUILDING INSPECTOR for a fancy suburban town. He was also a veteran hardcore stoner. Most of what was in the house when we bought it could be explained by the quote above.

I'm convinced he showed up to inspection sites and said something like, "hey, man, are you guys just gonna through that out, because, just, think of the Earth, you know?" And whether it was scraps or not they thought he was hitting them up for a bribe and just gave it to him. Otherwise, why did we have 3 different kinds of flooring/wall material/ceiling etc. in a single room?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The inside's not bad but if you want a house that looks like as a friend put it "an iceberg hosed a googie church," look no further:

https://www.redfin.com/MI/Pinckney/3881-Hooker-Rd-48169/home/102501217

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Phanatic posted:

The inside's not bad but if you want a house that looks like as a friend put it "an iceberg hosed a googie church," look no further:

That... what would someone call that on the left there?

I've not been able to divine what lies within that... nub? But it does look like their window shaker might be exhausting into it?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Phanatic posted:

would

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Yeah that thing rules, it's weird and wacky but not like, hideous.

The greater crime is that the photos are comically tiny.

e: the window AC venting into another room is pretty great, yeah

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Bacon Taco posted:

The previous owner of my last house was a BUILDING INSPECTOR for a fancy suburban town. He was also a veteran hardcore stoner. Most of what was in the house when we bought it could be explained by the quote above.

I'm convinced he showed up to inspection sites and said something like, "hey, man, are you guys just gonna through that out, because, just, think of the Earth, you know?" And whether it was scraps or not they thought he was hitting them up for a bribe and just gave it to him. Otherwise, why did we have 3 different kinds of flooring/wall material/ceiling etc. in a single room?

you expect building inspectors to be excruciatingly Regulation-Compliant irt their own homes, but instead you get that with a sizable minority of people who go hard in the other direction; i'd guess it's because a non-negligible proportion of people get the certification specifically to sidestep the regulatory process by personally inspecting and certifying the incredibly non-compliant homes they are in the process of building

i could have sworn there's a prominent goon example of this... i think said disaster home is foundational to this very thread...

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Maybe the nub is a tropical greenhouse and the venting swamp cooler is engineering genius.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ambrose Burnside posted:

you expect building inspectors to be excruciatingly Regulation-Compliant irt their own homes, but instead you get that with a sizable minority of people who go hard in the other direction; i'd guess it's because a non-negligible proportion of people get the certification specifically to sidestep the regulatory process by personally inspecting and certifying the incredibly non-compliant homes they are in the process of building

i could have sworn there's a prominent goon example of this... i think said disaster home is foundational to this very thread...

When I was young and dumb I rented from a contractor, assuming that he'd have known all about maintaining the place and have people on call for any issues. Instead I spent two years living in a dump stitched together and kept barely habitable because a guy who spends all day fixing houses does not want any of that poo poo the rest of the time. Good lesson!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Ashcans posted:

When I was young and dumb I rented from a contractor, assuming that he'd have known all about maintaining the place and have people on call for any issues. Instead I spent two years living in a dump stitched together and kept barely habitable because a guy who spends all day fixing houses does not want any of that poo poo the rest of the time. Good lesson!

Yeah the cobbler's children effect is real. I've owned my web development business for 6 years now and I still don't have a website.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

Yeah the cobbler's children effect is real. I've owned my web development business for 6 years now and I still don't have a website.

I have a cousin who works in insurance who didn't have any coverage when his house burned down.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The forums taught me to never buy a used car from a mechanic.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
These forums taught me to never marry a stripper.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Ambrose Burnside posted:

When you know the rules really well you often know why the rules exist. For a lot of rules the why is "because people do dumb stuff," so pros will end up frequently ignoring a rule because they "won't do the dumb thing." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

These forums taught me to never marry a stripper.

This is the true lesson of GiP.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Don't listen to the haters, they're just jealous. Marry her, she loves you

Also buy a Mustang

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

GotLag posted:

Also buy a Mustang
From a "buy here pay here" dealer.

Adbot