Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You misunderstood me, I'm saying the charger could have gotten lucky and hit at the 1/10th of a second when the no-stagger effect expired and was refreshed.

I guess I'll have to have someone use that on me and see what happens when the no-stagger effect isn't some weird constantly-refreshing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I finally gave up on UGS on my hollow herald faith guy last night. I was doing the alligator-dogs after Pontiff and I was able to clear the first with no problem but I hit a skill wall on the second for whatever reason. 15 deaths later I said gently caress it and respecced after making a lightning dark sword. The DPS is drastically better and the personal risk is so, so much lessened; I really don't know if there's an advantage to big slow weapons in PvE beyond looking cool, and going from 16.5 weight down to 4.5 enabled far more versatile fashion souls for the cool factor.

Sequence breaking for a +8 lothric UGS before killing Vordt did trivialize a lot of the first three zones, but I'm fairly certain a Raw rear end (love that acronym) would have been just as overpowered for as much of the game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Toady posted:

They only appear after he dies.

Where?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Untended Graves IF Yuria didn't show up

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lvl 30 with +2 equipment pyromancer here, I was invading in cathedral of the deep and didn't get a single kill after about twenty tries

I guess invasions in DS3 are for pro-tier gamers only :smith:

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
I had one gesture left to grab on NG++ from Heysel, but when I got the bow the achievement didn't unlock (Xbox) and it's more frustrating than it should be seeing the percentage actually show 100% complete, but locked. Only achievements I have left to 100% the game is track down a few more +2 rings and finish this cycle for the third ending.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What are some sweet, sub-20 str 1h weapons that are also not awful in pvp? I would consider the Dark Sword excellent in pvp but nowhere near cool enough, while other weapons are perhaps too cool. I was thinking about a scythe, but the damage reduction if you hit with the handle concerns me

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
In other news(?), Poise is fine.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/12/dark-souls-3-poise-not-bugged/

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this is in fact the only news that this thread cares about

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

this is in fact the only news that this thread cares about

It's actually not news, at least not new news. That's just a writeup of the same Kotaku info we already had.

I'm still not entirely sure what the fuss is wrt Poise and PvP. PvP has always been about people finding ONE gimmick that works, then you never see anything else until someone finds a counter for it, then the next gimmick comes along and it repeats ad nauseum.

So now the gimmick is "spam R1 with a straight sword". Eventually it will be something else. Plus we still haven't had a "big" balance patch yet, and that has been part and parcel for every previous game.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I hate when I'm sunbroing for dancer and the host decides to summon other phantoms aside from me. The extra health added to her from 2 players to 3 players makes her so much more annoying.

In other news, DS3 has broken my practice of trying to summon phantoms for all boss fights, beat Aldrich and Dancer solo in just a few tries :sparkles:

(Also it's DeS>BB>DS1=DS2=DS3)

Edit: Is Blood infusion worthwhile? My Washing Pole seems to do better with Rouge and a damage infusion.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
I am very much enjoying DS3, but the more I play it, the more I miss Bloodborne. Bloodborne, Bloodborne, Bloodborne.

Bloodborne.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe

Charles Get-Out posted:

I hate when I'm sunbroing for dancer and the host decides to summon other phantoms aside from me. The extra health added to her from 2 players to 3 players makes her so much more annoying.

The health is annoying but on consoles doing a Dancer fight with 3-4 people when the room gets set on fire turns the entire room into a 10FPS nightmare.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Cultisto posted:

The health is annoying but on consoles doing a Dancer fight with 3-4 people when the room gets set on fire turns the entire room into a 10FPS nightmare.

excellent

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Cultisto posted:

That sounds horrrrrrrrible. PSA: Don't summon more than one dude on Dancer

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cultisto posted:

Roll with it and use a fire weapon and get to work on the arena yourself for their hubris

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Charles Get-Out posted:

Edit: Is Blood infusion worthwhile? My Washing Pole seems to do better with Rouge and a damage infusion.

As far as I know, blood infusion is never worth it, since they can't be buffed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, Blood infusion is bad. If you want bleed, you're leveling Luck, and you're going to get much better bleeding results from buffing a Hollow weapon with Carthus Rouge than you ever would for using a Blood weapon.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Get-Out posted:

The worst is when you sunbro for Vordt on an SL10 guy and people summon you for Dancer and then hide the whole time and hope you're some kind of savant who can solo a phantom-HP-buffed Dancer for them

Just do the bug ffs

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Iretep posted:

did the final 5 points actually give any observable diffrence to the slower spells?

Someone said earlier even the difference between sage ring and sage ring+15dex is not discernible to the human eye.

Octo1 posted:

Is there something I'm missing with Aural Decoy, or is it actually the worst incarnation of the spell in all of the souls games? It seems to have the same exact effect as shooting an arrow at a wall near the enemies. It just makes them turn to look at it for a couple of seconds and won't work on them if they've already spotted you.

I can confirm Aural Decoy is dumb as hell.

It even has the link to the original article right in it.

Grimalkin posted:

I am very much enjoying DS3, but the more I play it, the more I miss Bloodborne. Bloodborne, Bloodborne, Bloodborne.

Bloodborne.

Yeah the same thing happened to me. Except there's no more Bloodborne??? There may never be??? :whitewater:

Charles Get-Out posted:

That sounds horrrrrrrrible. PSA: Don't summon more than one dude on Dancer

And his name is Sword Master.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

Yeah the same thing happened to me. Except there's no more Bloodborne??? There may never be??? :whitewater:

I hope they never make another game in the same universe as Bloodborne, but I hope they do make a "spiritual successor" with similar gameplay ideas and atmosphere. I really want more

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

I hope they never make another game in the same universe as Bloodborne

They did it was called Demon's Souls :getin:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

never forget

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

They did it was called Demon's Souls :getin:

Umbasa

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The worst is when you sunbro for Vordt on an SL10 guy and people summon you for Dancer and then hide the whole time and hope you're some kind of savant who can solo a phantom-HP-buffed Dancer for them

Just do the bug ffs

I just started black crystaling out before they got to the boss door after I decided to humor them once and saw the nonexistent amount of damage my lvl 18 piss wizard was doing, before getting one shotted because of base sorcerer vigor. What are these morons expecting will happen. The signs are in front of vordt for a reason.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

turtlecrunch posted:

never forget

really wish they had left this in, for no other reason than to troll the gently caress out of the fanbase

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it already did that job just fine

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Digirat posted:

I just started black crystaling out before they got to the boss door after I decided to humor them once and saw the nonexistent amount of damage my lvl 18 piss wizard was doing, before getting one shotted because of base sorcerer vigor. What are these morons expecting will happen. The signs are in front of vordt for a reason.

If I get summoned in for Dancer and someone also has Sword Master summoned I will stick around and just dodge like the host does while Sword Master does the thing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Grimalkin posted:

Bloodborne.

Same. DkS3 is a Real Good Game but I kinda want them to let it rest and focus on a new thing whilst also making a new Bloodborne that stands on its own more.

Is anyone else have a really loving hard time getting a grasp of the lore in this game? I feel like in DkS1, 2 and Bloodborne I grew to understand the different lands I was in and their inhabitants and how they reacted to the various curses and such. DkS3 so far in 1.5 playthroughs is really lacking in that regard and kinda like Demon's Souls just feels like a collection of levels.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

miyazaki should follow his dream and make a bright, optimistic game. and since pvp in these games is always unbalanced, the invasion component should be people coming into your game and messing with the world's color scheme

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
hollow thralls are the most dangerous enemy in this fuckin game i swear.

i found DS2 too feel waaaay more like a collection of levels than 3 does. 3 for sure has some wacky poo poo going on but 2 just felt like 'gently caress it tick the boxes we got a lava level a swamp a forest done'

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Grimalkin posted:

Bloodborne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQWnFj_zhAc

DS3 needs more cool weapon types.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

Harrow posted:

I hope they never make another game in the same universe as Bloodborne, but I hope they do make a "spiritual successor" with similar gameplay ideas and atmosphere. I really want more

I can't deny that I would love more Bloodborne, but at the same time, I feel there doesn't need to be more. The game feels very complete, especially after that lovely DLC. Easily one of my all-time favorite games. I actually bought it for my friend as a sort of apology for my always rambling on about it.

Since Bloodborne was the result of Miyazaki wanting to go in a different direction, a new IP definitely has me excited.

e:sp

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grimalkin posted:

I can't deny that I would love more Bloodborne, but at the same time, I feel there doesn't need to be more. The game feels very complete, especially after that lovely DLC. Easily one of my all-time favorite games. I actually bought it for my friend as a sort of apology for my always rambling on about it.

Since Bloodborne was the result of Miyazaki wanting to go in a different directly, a new IP definitely has me excited.

Yeah, what I want most is a new action-RPG from them that takes the Souls formula in a different direction like Bloodborne does--not necessarily the same direction, just a different one.

I'm sure they're going to take a break from Souls-ish action-RPGs for a game or two, but I'm equally sure they'll make another one some day.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Yodzilla posted:

Same. DkS3 is a Real Good Game but I kinda want them to let it rest and focus on a new thing whilst also making a new Bloodborne that stands on its own more.

Your wish is already granted, From has said repeatedly since DS3 was announced that it was the last DS.

I feel a little bit disappointed, though. I understand call backs and things are cool and neat for the last game in a series, but I kind of wish they had just taken it to a completely different locale with different location names and junk. I'm still enjoying the heck out of the game, I'm just tired of hearing about Vinheim and seeing Andre I guess.

Might be uneasy considering DS2, it always gave me the impression that Anor Londo and Gwyn and poo poo were long dead. And yeah yeah, I know, time fuckery.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 12, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

My take on the lore (especially after seeing a video of the link the flame ending - just compare those sad little flames to the immolation of the DS 1 fire ending.) is that this is the last cycle. Previously the flame was fed by the Lord souls and the soul of the person who gathered them. By the time of DS 3 - everyone's soul has gone to feed the flame, except for the unkindled. They're the only people left with the spark to even attempt to link the fire again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they should make another otogi. they won't but they should

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

Your wish is already granted, From has said repeatedly since DS3 was announced that it was the last DS.

I feel a little bit disappointed, though. I understand call backs and things are cool and neat for the last game in a series, but I kind of wish they had just taken it to a completely different locale with different location names and junk. I'm still enjoying the heck out of the game, I'm just tired of hearing about Vinheim and seeing Andre I guess.

I liked it in this one, just because this was specifically the last one. It felt right to circle back on some of the same place names and ideas, especially because we learned some more about what happened to them after DS1. And there were new places, too, and we got to see other societies' views on linking the Fire. It was pretty cool.

Angrymog posted:

My take on the lore (especially after seeing a video of the link the flame ending - just compare those sad little flames to the immolation of the DS 1 fire ending.) is that this is the last cycle. Previously the flame was fed by the Lord souls and the soul of the person who gathered them. By the time of DS 3 - everyone's soul has gone to feed the flame, except for the unkindled. They're the only people left with the spark to even attempt to link the fire again.

Yeah, I agree that this is the last cycle, basically no matter what ending you get. That's largely why the End of Fire ending is my favorite in DS3: it makes that more explicit, with a hopeful tone, too.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
There are 2 areas in lothric that require warping and one of them is implied to be a meditation.induced thing and isn't real

The other is fire link

Makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Angrymog posted:

I like the Kilian Experience interpretation, that the Unkindled is basically playing fantasy parole officer trying to drag the previously successful Lords of Cinder back to link the flame when a dumb prince doesn't have the chutzpa to do it, it just turns out that by doing so you pretty much prove you have the chutzpa yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsiX_xkjuQ