Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

The end of the sanctuary temple section was wild spectacle I can’t wait to see how they top that

Just played this and it was amazing.

Also, the frog does indeed rule. I think 90% of my screenshots are of that goofy dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1653268089616711682?t=WQgSqPBxb5T88iBJfmiLzQ&s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wait does that figure include the PC version where the games were sold separately because if so how does that even work

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There was a thing on PC where you could get them all in one discounted purchase “package,” at least on Steam. That’s how I purchased it back before 6 was out (they sent me a key when it released).

That said, I don’t know if they’re using creative accounting and counting each game on pc as a purchase for the sake of this 2mil.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can buy them all separately on console too so

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Rolled credits on survivor. Great game. So much better than I’d expected. Deserves its rave reviews even with the performance issues and bugs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah that says "series" sales so I assume that includes sales of each individual game. So they've sold about 300k each on average.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1653384146662862848

Couldn't even get through the bit at the beginning meant for preroll ads without cracking up

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I was fully expecting aliens and/or body horror but I guess E Sports leaking into real world counts as horror.

Maybe next is competitive CoD.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

amazing tagline

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Horrendous. :lol:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m begging anyone to put David harbour in something good gd

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao can't wait for the film adaptation of Fifa where EA picks an ultimate teams player and gets them a spot on a premier league squad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AngelesXO posted:

amazing tagline

From Gamer to Rager.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How the gently caress is that a movie

What

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

History Comes Inside! posted:

How the gently caress is that a movie

What

they made a movie about emojis

anything's a movie

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wheres the real life story?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I forgot about the emoji movie

It counter-programmed the queen’s funeral lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

judging by how people talk on Twitter you’d think the tagline should be ‘from gamer to racist’

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

judging by how people talk on Twitter you’d think the tagline should be ‘from gamer to racist’

One implies the other

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Escobarbarian posted:

The frog rules. Also I didn’t realise before him that Invader Zim, Alpha 5, and Raz from Psychonauts were all the same voice actor even though it’s extremely obvious now lol

Also Billy from Grim Adventures. Man, that show was loving strange.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Wheres the real life story?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jann_Mardenborough

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, to contrast by talking about a good movie, I watched the original Assault on Precinct 13 last night. Cool flick!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Arist posted:

Couldn't even get through the bit at the beginning meant for preroll ads without cracking up

Lol I can't believe this got approved. Looks like absolute garbage.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Arist posted:

lmao the other week i was kinda hyped on the dumb idea and the hype went straight out of the window when i just read the words "Director Neill Blomkamp"

edit: not a single jrpg on that british gaming shelf, gently caress this poo poo. garbage.

edit: lol climax is winning by the power of gaming, im back in.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 2, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Arist posted:

Anyway, to contrast by talking about a good movie, I watched the original Assault on Precinct 13 last night. Cool flick!

awesome movie.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
mk12 teaser right at the end of this, no idea what its meant to be. reboot/rebirth/big bang?? looks like hourglass sand so going off 11/aftermath ending i guess, which is, uhh still a reboot i guess
https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1653081853728014337

showcase may is coming...

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 2, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where’s the thank you from the therapist who got to bill thousands of hours to help them get over all their in-depth gore research trauma

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

lmao even as a long time Gran Turismo fan, this looks extremely cringy and bad. This would have been better as a documentary. Reading the twitter responses, and people have very bottom of the barrel standards when it comes to movies.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 2, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

mk12 teaser right at the end of this, no idea what its meant to be. reboot/rebirth/big bang?? looks like hourglass sand so going off 11/aftermath ending i guess, which is, uhh still a reboot i guess
https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1653081853728014337

showcase may is coming...

Happy about MK12, but really wanted Injustice 3 first.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Happy about MK12, but really wanted Injustice 3 first.

Didn't Injustice 2 roughly follow the end of the comic series? Maybe there's not more story for them to follow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Running out of story has never stopped adaptations before

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

canyonero posted:

Didn't Injustice 2 roughly follow the end of the comic series? Maybe there's not more story for them to follow.

Booooo I didnt realize it was a comic series but I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I would by happy if they just wrote something completely stupid because I never followed the cutscenes in the story campaign. It was all about the weekly challenge towers. :hellyeah:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I said come in! posted:

lmao even as a long time Gran Turismo fan, this looks extremely cringy and bad. This would have been better as a documentary. Reading the twitter responses, and people have very bottom of the barrel standards when it comes to movies.

Check out the comments section of just about any modern Simpsons clip on youtube sometime

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Booooo I didnt realize it was a comic series but I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I would by happy if they just wrote something completely stupid because I never followed the cutscenes in the story campaign. It was all about the weekly challenge towers. :hellyeah:

The game came first and the comics came after so there’s no reason they couldn’t do another, they can just make poo poo up like they did for the first one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

The game came first and the comics came after so there’s no reason they couldn’t do another, they can just make poo poo up like they did for the first one.

They actually did an ending to it in the comics.

It ended with He-Man beating evil Supermam so hard he created the concept of Superman comics

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PS+ Essential games for May 2023 are available now! (May 2 - June 5)

GRID Legends | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $59.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-PPSA03865_00-GRIDLEGPS5GAME00

Chivalry 2 | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $39.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0115-PPSA02183_00-3211965506283656

Descenders | PS4 | MSRP $24.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4256-CUSA10441_00-DESCENDERSUSPS4V

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

They actually did an ending to it in the comics.

It ended with He-Man beating evil Supermam so hard he created the concept of Superman comics

None of that precludes them just making some more poo poo up. Comic books run entirely on retcons already, gently caress it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

I was fully expecting aliens and/or body horror but I guess E Sports leaking into real world counts as horror.

Maybe next is competitive CoD.

Saving Private Ryan except the soldiers are wearing weed themed ghillie suits and screaming the N word at each other. As Tom Hanks dies someone from his company tells him "Yo you a bitch. You loving trash bro".

Private Ryan jumps around a corner at full speed and belly flops onto the ground as vague sounds of a crying, neglected baby ring in the background.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fix posted:

I bought Dredge because Huber was so overwhelmingly hyped about it. Fishing mini-games crossed with advanced Resident Evil puzzle shape inventory management. Really, really quick loop, with a fun ship upgrade system. There's this Chthonic mystery happening, and I am afraid to touch it and mostly stick to day fishing and not relying on that engine for too long, but I'm pulling up more pulsating weird fish and I am hallucinating more rocks the longer I spend time in the fog.

I really dig the rhythm of this game so far, still in the unspooling, exploratory phase. The rate at which they're rolling out new information is really strong over the first few hours. Let's see if it holds up over the game's reported 12 hour runtime.

Dredge is one of my fav games this year. Like you mentioned the quick gameplay loop of the like 5 minute day cycle is awesome because at first it feels so restrictive, then once you get some boat upgrades you’re scooting around the map but still need to balance your proximity to a dock vs going insane at night.

Absolutely wonderful little game. I hope it makes money.