Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Deteriorata posted:

"ran when parked"
During the Carter Administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

beep-beep car is go posted:

During the Carter Administration.

During the Roosevelt Administration.

No, the first one :v:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm fortunate to live close to the ACD museum and NATMUS.

I've been to the ACD Museum, but I had no idea the NATMUS existed. poo poo, I need to make another trip.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Rhyno posted:

As said above, a fixed HG quadruples the value so don't undercut yourself. Even with other repairable issues. There's guys in this thread that can knock out a Subaru HG in a day.

Anyone located near eastern PA? I have a HG that needs to be done and if I do it it will be a two week long ordeal. I would rather pay a goon it done in a day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ComfyPants posted:

I've been to the ACD Museum, but I had no idea the NATMUS existed. poo poo, I need to make another trip.

Heh, it's in the back of the parking lot about 200 feet away. Not hard to miss. It's not glorious. Basically an old factory that has a crap load of cars and other interesting things. Sort of a shame it doesn't get more love.

One of the coolest things about the ACD museum is that this was a dealer showroom in the '20s and '30s and their design center. A time capsule. If you are driving through on the tollway while trying to get through Indiana as fast as possible (I don't blame you), take half a day and drive south to visit.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I would definitely leave that tree in there, it looks great.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Snowy posted:

I would definitely leave that tree in there, it looks great.

It's like the absolute apex of patina.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Actual content:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Bajaha posted:

If it's not a giant bucket of rust $500 should be a decent asking price. Subaru's tend to hold their value and if the only thing really wrong with it is head gaskets that's only a few hundred bucks and an afternoon to fix if you've got the knowledge and tools handy.

I sold the car for $600 :cool:

I had about five people reach out within fifteen minutes of it being on Craigslist for $700.

hosed head gasket, crack in windshield, CV boot issues. 125k miles. I'm happy.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

me your dad posted:

I sold the car for $600 :cool:

I had about five people reach out within fifteen minutes of it being on Craigslist for $700.

hosed head gasket, crack in windshield, CV boot issues. 125k miles. I'm happy.
Glad you're happy with the fraction of money you could have gotten. 😐

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://hiltonhead.craigslist.org/cto/d/07-charger-5-speed-4cyl/6762641057.html

quote:

07 Charger with a carbureted B2200 4cyl attached to a Miata 5 speed transmission installed with a savannah drivetrain driveshaft. Car also has Jesse James "Train Car" rims installed and a Chrysler 300 front clip and phantom grill. Comes with Charger Daytona exhaust (not installed). Carb was upgraded from Weber 32/36 to 38/38. Engine cranks, sparks and fires. Wont continue to run. I suggest an electronic fuel pump. Second child on the way. Don't have time to finish. Best offer takes it.

20seven 320 04six8 - Cory (phone is garbage text is preferable)

Also have a TD04-19T turbo and kit that was intended for this build. Kit includes turbo, manifold flange, oil lines (drain bung already welded onto pan), intercooler and piping. Will sell with kit for 1200 or best REASONABLE offer.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

At a loss for words on that one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Wh.... wh.... what? Why?

:psyduck:

That is one of the most bizarre Frankenstein swaps

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
That car would make sense in an undeveloped country where you have a bunch of non-working vehicles and are trying to put them all together to make one working vehicle. Besides that, I have no clue what kind of project that guy was trying to complete.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm mostly impressed someone managed to make a clapped out Chrysler 300 worse

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
hahaha what the gently caress

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Man i cannot imagine how slow that thing would be.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Is it just the leftovers? Like he puts cars together and realized one day he had enough random crap sitting around to just throw together and technically call it a car?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Not up on my Chargers, but is that normal interior? Gray seats, arm rest with black everything else?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TheNothingNew posted:

Is it just the leftovers? Like he puts cars together and realized one day he had enough random crap sitting around to just throw together and technically call it a car?

Pretty sure that was Chrysler's business model when that car was new.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I love how the 300 clip doesn't even come close to lining up with the rest of the body.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

DiggityDoink posted:

I love how the 300 clip doesn't even come close to lining up with the rest of the body.

To be fair, it does kind of give it the Veyron two tone look.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

Pretty sure that was Chrysler's business model when that car was new.

Not an empty quote

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Man what a waste of a 38/38. At least he doubled the value of that thing by putting it on.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BaconAndBullets posted:

That car would make sense in an undeveloped country where you have a bunch of non-working vehicles and are trying to put them all together to make one working vehicle. Besides that, I have no clue what kind of project that guy was trying to complete.

It's South Carolina. Same thing.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Sorry, but,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJAZRLn0Hig

was the first thing that came to mind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Methgineering.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Otteration posted:

Sorry, but,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJAZRLn0Hig

was the first thing that came to mind.
Everyone knows about this crazy bastard, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSN6qet1kE1

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
Not cl but still gold
https://www.k-bid.com/auction/27097/item/1A

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, you're not kidding. They are either crazy or very, very committed to F-bodies.

I'm thinking a little bit of both

Late, but holy poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Got it. So don't live in the woods and don't shower for a month.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Got it. So don't live in the woods and don't shower for a month.

http://www.fragrancefreeliving.com/?page_id=11

Around the same time, my customers started to annoy me; I felt an instant dislike for at least one out of every three people who entered my business. I lost my patience. Thinking I was actually losing my mind, off to the doctor I went. The answer—an anti- anxiety drug of some sort. This helped a bit cause now I was high on drugs, covering up what was really ailing me. However, relief was only temporary.
On my way to an out of town trade show with my girlfriend, I experienced another unexplained incident. I started to feel tense and anxious for some reason. I grabbed for a pill only to realize I had left them at home. This caused me more anxiety and anger. How was I going to manage this trip without my pills? I started punching the steering wheel in a rage as now I would have to turn around; I’d be late for the tradeshow, so in my unstable state, I just stayed home. Being a very strong willed person, I flushed the pills down the toilet, thinking they were the cause. They were not going to be my first addiction.

http://www.fragrancefreeliving.com/?p=375

Yes, my evil sister has always used nail polish and one of the long term side effects is brain damage. Could that be her problem?

:eyepop:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The epilogue for that story is he went into his backyard, stuffed a bunch of Mazda drivetrain parts into a 300, hung a Charger front end, ordered a turbo kit, etc.

Now we know the rest of the story.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
/paulharvey

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Father Jack posted:

Late, but holy poo poo.

Oh man, this is amazing.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Do you have to put your watch, cell phone and keyfob in the mailbox too? :tinfoil:

e: I'm the Scened Laundry Detergent

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 11, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Father Jack posted:

Late, but holy poo poo.

"...and yet, I want to own a business where I constantly come in contact with ordinary people who wash and use deodorant."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

redgubbinz posted:

e: I'm the Scened Laundry Detergent

I've scened it before.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Darchangel posted:

"...and yet, I want to own a business where I constantly come in contact with ordinary people who wash and use deodorant."

I had a teacher in high school who was like this. All the desks were crammed against the back wall while she taught up in the front, and she also expected a bunch of teenagers largely preoccupied with plans to get laid, to come in and not wash or use deodorants or body sprays or perfumes. Why are you teaching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

$50K for a clapped out, simply horrid abomination of a 1978 911 on a sketchy as gently caress used car lot.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1978-porsche-911/1398225735?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

YOU'RE APPROVED!

Only registered members can see post attachments!