Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

New vac to replace my ancient one.

Pretty decent for the price. A lot lighter and less noisy than my old one. The detachable wand is good for vacuuming between furniture and getting cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

smoke (legal) weed every day

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Where are you seeing 130k for a week?! We do Thanksgiving there and it's not remotely accurate, lol.
The link I posted above. It's sold out now (meaning somebody booked it at that price) but it was for a villa with the private pool. Obviously there are smaller rooms for like $10k available too sometimes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mobby_6kl posted:

The link I posted above. It's sold out now (meaning somebody booked it at that price) but it was for a villa with the private pool. Obviously there are smaller rooms for like $10k available too sometimes.

MAMA MIA

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It was me. I booked it you suuuuuuuuckaaaaaas

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Here we go again

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I caved and bought the Player's Handbook (instead of just using the lovely pdfs I *acquired*). Is it bad that I'm also considering getting a miniature of my character from heroforge

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nah.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Heroforge is cool in that you can make your own custom miniature. Back in my day we'd try to configure our characters to out miniatures. My miniature has a bow? Guess my character has to use one now.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Through The Decade posted:

smoke (legal) weed every day

SSH is a fantastic strain

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

It was time for a new phone.

It has a built-in laser.

...and a thermal camera. Breakfast (porridge and tea) seen here.

Midnight selfie.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Spy_Guy posted:

...and a thermal camera. Breakfast (porridge and tea) seen here.

Was your porridge just the right temperature?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I was gonna ask why you got that thing but then I thought it kicks rear end who cares why.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, I've seen the Flir One before of course but built-in thermal imaging is something I hope all the manufacturers get behind now that every phone comes with like 5 different cameras already. All my instagram posts would be in Predator-vision only. (j/k I don't do instagram of course)

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

big mean giraffe posted:

SSH is a fantastic strain

That's good to hear, I don't know the first thing about strains, I just picked the one with the most interesting name.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MNIMWA posted:

I caved and bought the Player's Handbook (instead of just using the lovely pdfs I *acquired*). Is it bad that I'm also considering getting a miniature of my character from heroforge

I tried to do the whole PDF on a tablet Game Master deal and it just did not work.

It didn't help that more than half of the books were not in a searchable format.

A shelf full of RPG books is cool and good.
Hero Forge is cool and should be supported.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I just jumped on the Pixel 3 XL bandwagon, with the trade in on a regular-rear end Pixel 2 wiping out the remaining balance it is essentially a feature and spec upgrade for ~$6 extra a month. Wonderful phone but holy gently caress it's like 90% glass so a case is a requirement for me. Not even really comfortable carrying it around without a screen protector but timing was bad on these accessories and shipping/availability BS. Really liked the Pixel 2, and I say that as someone who doesn't really like smart phones except as they fill in for missing other tech like cameras or like a laptop is too big so you don't pull it out or even have it with you so use your phone. Looking forward to this new new bastard.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bought a watch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Oct 20, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It pays to be very careful with Amazon purchases. While the price displayed with the product was the 26$ of one seller, the price on the right (i.e. the price of the one that would've been added to the cart) was the 900$ one by default.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Pixel 3 to replace my Nexus 6.

The trade in value is less than the restocking fee.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They sell for about $85 on Swappa. Tried that?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Being an adult means buying yourself the things your parents never did:

G1 Reissue Devastator

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

G1 Reissue Devastator

This was pretty great.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Blackchamber posted:

G1 Reissue Devastator

:hellyeah:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blackchamber posted:

G1 Reissue Devastator

Hell yeah!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Blackchamber posted:

G1 Reissue Devastator

Prepare for extermination.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i imagine that robot has a really hard time walking on beaches

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Played tons of soul calibur when the dreamcast came out. Gonna try to get decent at this. If I do i’m gonna upgrade to a better fightstick.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ChocNitty posted:

Played tons of soul calibur when the dreamcast came out. Gonna try to get decent at this. If I do i’m gonna upgrade to a better fightstick.
Do the pedals control the tone of the fightstick?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blackchamber posted:

like love and affection

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
somebody showed me a catalogue of suitcases and told me it was a fathers day special

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

More tickets to this Halloween thing at Disney world

We were just there in August but I guess we are flying across the country next week for it again

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The Halloween party is the best thing here. Enjoy!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
New .556 and 9mm!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

The Halloween party is the best thing here. Enjoy!

good to know, we were debating between xmas and halloween but i guess moana is gonna be at the halloween one and my gf wants her for her signature thing

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I tried to do the whole PDF on a tablet Game Master deal and it just did not work.

It didn't help that more than half of the books were not in a searchable format.

A shelf full of RPG books is cool and good.
Hero Forge is cool and should be supported.

The pdfs I have are like 90% searchable, so that's helpful but it's actually really nice to have the hard copy, full-colour books you can just leaf through. I'm building a simple one-shot campaign and it will probably make me splash out for a ton of other books.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

good to know, we were debating between xmas and halloween but i guess moana is gonna be at the halloween one and my gf wants her for her signature thing

Good pic because that’s the best Disney movie by a wide margin :colbert:

So all those previous REI purchases racked me up a ton of gift cards that were supposed to be one-per. After a polite begging they happily let me use all of them at once for a free pair of merino wool gloves and a cool north face hat.

Going hiking in the woods tomorrow with my new crap!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The Halloween party is way better than the Christmas one. The Christmas one is honestly a waste of money. They do almost everything they do at the Christmas parties during other times and the only real unique thing is mediocre hot chocolate and cookies.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Blackchamber posted:

G1 Reissue Devastator

Was it worse to have not had any of them, or worse to be like me and have one arm and two legs of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

davebo posted:

Was it worse to have not had any of them, or worse to be like me and have one arm and two legs of it?

You don’t want to fly too close to the sun.

How many of you had all the weapons taken from your toys as a kid? Sure, I had transformers and Star Wars and all that stuff but no guns or lightsabers or missiles or anything like that. Good times. Not.