Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Here's the first Arpaio cartoon I've come across so far;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Finally, a depressing relationship strip with a comic twist at the end. All I've ever wanted.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fanatical Purifiers really didn't need a buff, paradox.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

I actually laughed at this one. Quoting for new page.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Now what did they expect, of course Trump grabbed the GOP by the pussy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Fulchrum posted:

How the hell does a calender match up occasionally?

There are only 14 possible calendars with the current common system--one for each day of the week that the calendar can start in, and the same but for leap years.

I'm not going to do the math on actually how often a given calendar will be correct for a year, though. As far as actual time spent correct, though, calendars are going to win.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I often agree with Darrin Bell's points, but there's something about his art that makes it very hard to look at and I wish I knew what it was. :(
At first I thought she said "Alduin" :psydwarf:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FFT posted:

There are only 14 possible calendars with the current common system--one for each day of the week that the calendar can start in, and the same but for leap years.

I'm not going to do the math on actually how often a given calendar will be correct for a year, though. As far as actual time spent correct, though, calendars are going to win.

Right, that's my point. It will either match up for two months, ten months, the whole year, or not at all. There's no way that the 27th of June can match, but the 28th cannot. So it can't be "occasionally" correct.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It was a bad metaphor, but this is the politoons thread

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on semi-automated truck convoys in the UK – The government has given the go-ahead for trials of convoys of semi-automated trucks on UK motorways – despite concerns about the safety of the technology"

Also Martin Rowson's done a series of radio interviews where he talks and paints his subjects.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Boris Johnson concedes UK will have to pay for Brexit

Stephen Collins:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Phenomenal.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So I take it the Brexit talks are going poorly? I mean, from what it sounds like it can only go poorly since the UK has little leverage.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's not even a matter of leverage really, the UK negotiators just straight-up have no idea what they want.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why would the EU do anything but the worst hack job on the UK as they can, to discourage other countries from leaving?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why would the EU do anything but the worst hack job on the UK as they can, to discourage other countries from leaving?

They don't want to overplay their hand because they don't know what game the UK is trying to play. They just don't believe the british government is this incompetent, it has to be a ruse.

(It isn't a ruse)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Delightful!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Shouldn't the white mouse be the blithely smug one and the black mouse be the one in peril

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are any other countries planning on leaving? There was that fear of extreme right-wing resurgence last year and people freaking out that maybe with Trump-level politicians being elected there will be more -xits.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“fool_of_sound”" post="“475738687”"]
great, now that r mute is back maybe we can have another thrilling round of ‘is latuff antisemetic?’
[/quote]

Yes. He is.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

So Kissinger is the bad guy for pointing out that the Fantastic Four trying to enact vigilante justice on independent countries is wrong?

Fun fact: the timeline in which Dr. Doom takes over the earth is the only timeline in which all suffering, want, and hunger are eliminated and the earth becomes a utopia free from outside cosmic threats and internal strife thanks to Doom. Every other Marvel future timeline ends up with the earth pretty much on fire and destroying itself. Each time the heros stop Doom from achieving world domination is another step towards the apocalypse

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 26, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Fun fact: the timeline in which Dr. Doom takes over the earth is the only timeline in which all suffering, want, and hunger are eliminated and the earth becomes a utopia free from outside cosmic threats and internal strife thanks to Doom. Every other Marvel future timeline ends up with the earth pretty much on fire and destroying itself. Each time the heros stop Doom from achieving world domination is another step towards the apocalypse

Tells you a lot about the writers really.

It's not good things about them.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

The failing mainstream media continue to spin absurd lies in their non-stop effort defame President Trump. I remember watching CNN during last year’s election campaign. Over and over again they referred to Hillary as “historic.” They called Trump “divisive” at every opportunity. I suppose they thought that would be enough to sway their brainwashed viewers. Except many of those viewers grew wise to the propaganda. Many more stopped watching TV news altogether and began finding the truth on the Internet.

In addition to the ‘divisive’ smear, the leftist corporate media said Trump was part of the KKK, a tax cheat, and, of course, a ‘racist.’ None of it stuck and Trump was elected president.

Once their historic candidate lost, the media ran with Hillary’s new directive: Claim Trump was in league with the Russians, who ‘hacked’ her election. Smear him as a traitor. Shills such as Bill Maher ran with this lie weekly on his HBO comedy show. They doubled down and then tripled down on the ‘Russia’ narrative even though they lacked facts to support it. Real facts pointed to leakers such as Seth Rich. The DNC rigged their own primaries and it backfired. Now their ‘Russia’ narrative has also backfired.

Most recently the media ludicrously blamed President Trump for the violence in Charlottesville because they claimed he didn’t adequately condemn the white supremacists and Nazis. Anyone who is a patriot who wants to protect our constitutional republic is now considered a ‘Nazi.’ Many on the left are even applauding the destruction of our historical statues and monuments. They want to destroy Trump and the country while they’re at it.

Give the mainstream media an inch and they’ll make a crude mile of nonsense out of it. The legacy media’s repeated failure is dangerous, however. If the Deep State’s megaphone isn’t working, they shadow government may resort to more drastic measures in order to remove our president–including war, false flags, a stock market crash, and perhaps even a civil war. The rats want to sink the president’s ship, even if they go down with it.

—Ben Garrison

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Say what you will about Trump, but he's not as divisive as Obama was. 70% of the country hate him.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I think what gets me about Garrison's writing is that it reads like a half-assed High School essay assignment. It's really stiff, paragraphs are typically around the same length with forced opening and closing sentences, and there's a lot of repetition. Also, typos.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the last paragraph is impressive

quote:

Give the mainstream media an inch and they’ll make a crude mile of nonsense out of it. The legacy media’s repeated failure is dangerous, however. If the Deep State’s megaphone isn’t working, they shadow government may resort to more drastic measures in order to remove our president–including war, false flags, a stock market crash, and perhaps even a civil war. The rats want to sink the president’s ship, even if they go down with it.

shifting labels for the same groups, and an outright immunization of Trump for any possible problem. It's all the shadow legacy deepstate media government persecuting him!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So there's Ana Navarro, but where is Gunther Hermanno?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

toanoradian posted:

Are any other countries planning on leaving? There was that fear of extreme right-wing resurgence last year and people freaking out that maybe with Trump-level politicians being elected there will be more -xits.

If Le Pen had won, there'd definitely be talk of a Frexit (or "Frequitte?"). And if Brexit goes painlessly, it might encourage her or other nationalists to make another go of running for office against the EU.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Weird how there's not one specific person named for MSNBC while CNN had two named people in it.

Jurgan posted:

If Le Pen had won, there'd definitely be talk of a Frexit (or "Frequitte?"). And if Brexit goes painlessly, it might encourage her or other nationalists to make another go of running for office against the EU.

So with Le Pen losing handily, is the 'right-wing resurgence' stopped or was it never a thing in the first place, with Brexit and Trump being two very big unrepeatable events?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

toanoradian posted:

So with Le Pen losing handily, is the 'right-wing resurgence' stopped or was it never a thing in the first place, with Brexit and Trump being two very big unrepeatable events?

Unfortunately the answer is "it's hard to say". There are still prominent right-wing movements and candidates in a lot of countries, and we won't know whether trump/brexit was the outlier or le pen losing until more of them are put to the test. That's the problem with 2-1 scores, it's impossible to tell from chance. Although even "horrible right wing movements have a 50% chance to work" is really bad news.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I mean, Trump is at least 7 of those things. That's pretty much confirmed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Also if he ever does lead us into a war do we add "Warmonger" to the wheel or will people like Garrison already have rationalized it?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also if he ever does lead us into a war do we add "Warmonger" to the wheel or will people like Garrison already have rationalized it?

They don't care and never have.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's always the delicate balancing act of saying Trump is a strong, independent leader beholden to none and acknowledging that he is nothing but a puppet of Deep State military brass who can distract him with pretty girls in miniskirts

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

toanoradian posted:

Weird how there's not one specific person named for MSNBC while CNN had two named people in it.

"Mika" is a very specific person at MSNBC. Not sure why she doesn't have a name tag, but it's stated explicitly.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Is this from a couple of months back? Brock Long is Trump's pick for FEMA director, and he was confirmed in June.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Stiglich apparently got the attention of Twitter with his - a black man - a white man cartoon.

(warning: Distractify)

http://www.distractify.com/politics...7253d7eefa2109b

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Fuckin lol @ Garrison saying the President is falsely being called divisive when all of his comics are "US VS THEM". Yeah nothing divisive about Trump he's a real unifier just like he said.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Fuckin lol @ Garrison saying the President is falsely being called divisive when all of his comics are "US VS THEM". Yeah nothing divisive about Trump he's a real unifier just like he said.

It's not his fault that liberals don't want to be unified by Trump. Checkmate libtards.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I left the thread months ago because the bad cartoons can be so loving terrible, but I'm wondering what the worst the cartoon of the year has been so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I left the thread months ago because the bad cartoons can be so loving terrible, but I'm wondering what the worst the cartoon of the year has been so far?

Every new Lester, McCoy the Lesser, or Branco toon posted is a new all-time low, so it's a pretty mobile target.

• Locked thread