Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HGH posted:

And here's a DAN trailer for Kanami. It's uh... it's a thing alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcSpqFW61M

Sorry no one gives a poo poo about you, unnecessary Persona 4 spinoff character #5. (#4 if you count Labrys as necessary, but it's an edge case)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

(#4 if you count Labrys as necessary, but it's an edge case)

I'll give you a knife edge into your brain case if you put down Labrys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Unnecessary doesn't mean bad. I love Labrys, man.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Maleficent posted:

nocturne trip report: i had to fight matador 3 times before taking the time to get proper skills and assemble a better team and after that it was awesome. dante was piss easy, does he even use ANY magic? daisoujou was way easier than matador but that might be because i had 5 turns where he didnt use meditate on anyone to sukakaja repeatedly and he never used it on the healer, so maybe i just got really lucky. so far i like it a lot better than 4, it will probably end up being my favorite game in the series if it keeps up like this. atmosphere is unmatched, its like every single location is the final dungeon of 4 and that owns. demi fiend is also the best protagonist design of any video game

Demifiend is definitely great, but dante is a whole nother beast on Hard. Lets just say Rebellion can be a game over if you don't have enough health, it took me an hour of frustration to whittle this fucker down. Yes you got lucky with daisoujou. Nocturne owns. Everyone's Reason kinda blows, but it owns.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I'm going to main demifiend in FExSMT.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Like he's gonna join you before the last quarter of the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HGH posted:

Like he's gonna join you before the last quarter chapter of the game.

He'll be the max level strong dude like Athos or whoever who's there in case you just royally hosed up all your other units.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Of course, that'll be if you can develop a reason by the penultimate chapter and beat him there so he'll acknowledge yours as worthy.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Terper posted:

He'll be the max level strong dude like Athos or whoever who's there in case you just royally hosed up all your other units.

No, that's going to be Aleph.

And both the characters and players will be like, "Who?"

(I would also accept Pascal showing up to solo the final boss.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Demifiend will be a boss character that defects to your side.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Actually you'll be defecting to his side.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Demifiend isn't going to be in the game after it's retitled Persona 4 x Fire Emblem.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Demifiend is going to be like FE6 Karel, in that he has 100%+ growths in everything but only one level to go before he hits the cap

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FExSMT is never coming out though

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It will come out, actually

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Video games are done, none will ever come out again. Rest in peace

Maleficent
May 26, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

So I'm playing smt4 for the first time and it's really cool that the plot catalyst is a villain handing out Occupy leaflets and corrupting peasants with the Satanic teachings of class equality

yeah i thought this was pretty.. uh, a thing too. in fact thats why i went down the chaos path the first time. it's a sympathetic reason. then it went from that to no you're actually in favor of murdering everyone and releasing demons upon the world very abruptly which was like uh this is not what i signed up for!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It's almost like the demons didn't give you the whole story!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Maleficent posted:

yeah i thought this was pretty.. uh, a thing too. in fact thats why i went down the chaos path the first time. it's a sympathetic reason. then it went from that to no you're actually in favor of murdering everyone and releasing demons upon the world very abruptly which was like uh this is not what i signed up for!

I'm gonna guess and say you never played Strange Journey

Maleficent
May 26, 2014
you're a good guesser

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HGH posted:

And here's a DAN trailer for Kanami. It's uh... it's a thing alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcSpqFW61M

Other than the obvious, wow are people's gaping jaws during dialogue looking weird.

English subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PDS6Qz5ME

Pepsiman posted:

What the hell did I just translate.

Yeah, that was... that was a thing. A :japan: thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Am I the only one who thinks there's something...off about her voice? Like, I can't really articulate why I don't like it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Y'know I thought she looked like a fast food employee unintentionally but with all the talk of food I'm getting a feeling that was the plan.
Also jeez that expression in the thumbnail. Calm down.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HGH posted:

Y'know I thought she looked like a fast food employee unintentionally but with all the talk of food I'm getting a feeling that was the plan.

As I said back when the character was first revealed:

W.T. Fits posted:

Every time I see her, I feel like I should be placing an order for some chicken nuggets or something.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Waffleman_ posted:

Sorry no one gives a poo poo about you, unnecessary Persona 4 spinoff character #5. (#4 if you count Labrys as necessary, but it's an edge case)

Labrys is pretty great.

They're never going to do anything interesting with the Shadow Operatives though, and that kinda blows.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

W.T. Fits posted:

English subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PDS6Qz5ME

Yeah, that was... that was a thing. A :japan: thing.

the people in the comments seem very confused by her calling herself a cow

i guess theyve never watched an anime before

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vengarr posted:

Labrys is pretty great.

They're never going to do anything interesting with the Shadow Operatives though, and that kinda blows.

I feel like it's right that the Shadow Operatives are a background thing. It's full of characters that have already had their moment to shine, it'd be almost redundant to have a proper focus on them because of that.

It's also the sort of thing where giving them proper spotlight would actually be doing them a disservice. They're too awesome, actually exploring this would only serve to disappoint.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some Dancing All Night DLC costume sets have been revealed, Gekkokan High and P4G epilogue outfits. Also, Never More is apparently a DLC song.

Yes, Yosuke is really wearing flip flops.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Some Dancing All Night DLC costume sets have been revealed, Gekkokan High and P4G epilogue outfits. Also, Never More is apparently a DLC song.

I legit thought Yosuke was a girl there until I read your post. Also the p4 cast looks loving swanky the the Gekkokan uniforms.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Having the epilogue outfits as costumes is pretty sweet. Golden itself should have done it because they are cool designs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AradoBalanga posted:

Playable Poindexter Kanji will finally be a thing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Playable Poindexter Kanji will finally be a thing.
Part of me is holding out hope for some of the concept artwork as extra costumes, such as Pompadour Rockabilly Kanji.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Why yes I would like to dance as creepy rainbow Teddie.

That wasn't a joke.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Part of me is holding out hope for some of the concept artwork as extra costumes, such as Pompadour Rockabilly Kanji.

let me play as delinquent rise thanks

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

HGH posted:

Also jeez that expression in the thumbnail. Calm down.

Her idol group is called "Kanami Kitchen" so the entire thing is probably thematic to fast food. What a weird theme for an idol group.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're probably catering to the same audience that likes that Super Sonico stuff. I could believe it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Having the epilogue outfits as costumes is pretty sweet. Golden itself should have done it because they are cool designs.

Having them as DLC that you have to pay for when this is somehow supposed to take place after the epilogue, however, is not. It's not surprising, though. Sentai ranger outfits had better be in this somehow.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yosuke has the worst epilogue design.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I really hate Kanji's. He looks like a total dork and nothing like Kanji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Having them as DLC that you have to pay for when this is somehow supposed to take place after the epilogue, however, is not. It's not surprising, though. Sentai ranger outfits had better be in this somehow.

I somehow missed that they were DLC. Just thought that they were unlockable or something.

Also, all the epilogue designs are cool and good and most contain a reference to their character development which is neat.