Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gimmick pvp in anything owns but dark souls pvp lends it some special qualities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Podcast is up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast curse

Persona 5 02/14/2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want a SBF edit of this and Dark Souls 3

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

There's a Best Friends + Bunny video for Salt and Sanctuary on Vessel. I'm curious what they think about the game. I've played a little bit of it and so far I'm enjoying it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I recall pat saying some unflattering things about it a month or two ago, or whenever it came out.

I watched the giant bomb quick look of it and I can't stand the artstyle.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Them seemed to enjoy it well enough. It was a silly video because Bunny was trying to do his "talk about the game and explain poo poo" schtick with MATT on the controls.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dias posted:

Them seemed to enjoy it well enough. It was a silly video because Bunny was trying to do his "talk about the game and explain poo poo" schtick with MATT on the controls.

Also "jumpjumpjumpjumpjump!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

People always make such a huge deal out of Vaan, it's so weird, he barely shows up that much in cutscenes and his arc feeds right into Ashe's. Really his biggest crime us not wearing a shirt.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

People always make such a huge deal out of Vaan, it's so weird, he barely shows up that much in cutscenes and his arc feeds right into Ashe's. Really his biggest crime us not wearing a shirt.

I mean, he's just kinda nothing, which is why people give him poo poo. He's Standard JRPG Orphan On An Adventure.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rodyle posted:

Really his biggest crime us not wearing a shirt.

Quite the opposite :q:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

I mean, he's just kinda nothing, which is why people give him poo poo.

But that's never actually the tactic people take, they always go with "he's the main character and-" which is straight up not true. Ashe is the main character, not Vaan.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Quite the opposite :q:

No shirt but having a vest looks terrible. In FFTA2 he goes full puffy pirate shirt and becomes fine.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rodyle posted:

But that's never actually the tactic people take, they always go with "he's the main character and-" which is straight up not true. Ashe is the main character, not Vaan.

Vaan is the main character, in that you're experiencing the story through his perspective. He's some rando kid that just happens upon Ashe more or less, and the scope of Ashe's story is so much wider and bigger than Vaan's that it's stupid that he's the main character, or in Ashe's party at all pretty much. The most Vaan and Penelo get in terms of remaining plot-relevant is the part where they sort of settle for being trainees under Balthier and Fran, and that never goes anywhere either. Their narrative importance stands in gigantic contrast with their plot importance.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

No shirt but having a vest looks terrible. In FFTA2 he goes full puffy pirate shirt and becomes fine.

Well, it's not like he could have dressed worse than the protagonist in FFTA2

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

holy poo poo Woolie starts to half-defend Noel Brown but Pat and Matt shut him the gently caress down

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 7, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Andrast posted:

You see a clown, I see a man dressed to serve up the best goddamn pizza you've ever had.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

holy poo poo Woolie starts to half-defend Noel Brown but Pat and Matt shut him the gently caress down
God drat it woolie

CJacobs posted:

You see a clown, I see a man dressed to serve up the best goddamn pizza you've ever had.
I am so glad I'm not the only one who saw a pizza in his book holster thing at first glance

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Going by the colour scheme I think he is the pizza.

e: Is this gijinka?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People rag on the belts-aplenty guy's designs but what the gently caress is that even, seriously. It's a complete mess

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rodyle posted:

Well you see he was charged with domestic assault but she might have cheated on him!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

People rag on the belts-aplenty guy's designs but what the gently caress is that even, seriously. It's a complete mess

Only four belts though :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wiseblood posted:

Well you see he was charged with domestic assault but she might have cheated on him!
Oh man is that his argument

Woof-ie

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

When is this outfit coming to FFXIV?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He looks way better in game. His sprite is low-key enough that none of those silly details show, and I'm pretty sure the pizza-cutter isn't actually a weapon in the game.

He was okay in War of the Lions, too, if my memory is serving me right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those are the absolute worst shoes/socks

You want things to stay OUT of your shoes, not provide a convenient pebble delivery system to your feet

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dexie posted:

He looks way better in game. His sprite is low-key enough that none of those silly details show, and I'm pretty sure the pizza-cutter isn't actually a weapon in the game.

He was okay in War of the Lions, too, if my memory is serving me right.

Yeah he doesn't actually look like that in practice. Also worth noting is that's an outlier for that dude's designs, he's generally the best of SE's lead artist stable.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Andrast posted:

Take off everything above the overalls as well as the cuffs or whatever the gently caress those are and you have an okay character design.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Marche also looks a bit dumb but I think it's the legs in his case. What the gently caress happens to these kids' poor lower legs, they look like they'd snap with any contact whatsoever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It sounded like woolie thinks noel got banned to make an example oit of, and not that he's a repeating psychopath that edits private conversations to make himself the good guy

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tae posted:

It sounded like woolie thinks noel got banned to make an example out of

I don't even see what the problem would be there either.

"Don't beat your significant other, don't sexually harass people. If you can't do this, gently caress off." is a policy I could get behind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well no, the difference is that Woolie thinks Noel is innocent otherwise because he still kept making up excuses. He's insinuating that if Capcom didn't put out that rule of conduct last week, Noel wouldn't be banned.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wiseblood posted:

Lmao

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Rodyle posted:

When does that happen in the podcast? I'm a few podcasts behind.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rodyle posted:

He almost says "well maybe she deserved it"

jesus gently caress

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://excelsioryuken.tumblr.com/post/145577192947/savannahfaerie-anathema47-vectorcannon

Here's Woolie making GBS threads all over the hero of Overwatch as well. Pretty evil week for Woolie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

http://excelsioryuken.tumblr.com/post/145577192947/savannahfaerie-anathema47-vectorcannon

Here's Woolie making GBS threads all over the hero of Overwatch as well. Pretty evil week for Woolie.

Ah yes, everyone should have immediate mastery of the game by a week of playtime. Why, back when I played Dark Souls, I only got hit once the entire game my first time and I parried everyone with 100% accuracy.

Seriously, when was that gif even made, like a month ago?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Wiseblood posted:

Bad Woolie. Bad.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The original post in that tumblr chain was from the 6th of May, so yeah, second day of the open beta when nobody knew how to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It'll be interesting to see how the best friends dynamic shifts now that Woolie's been replaced with Satsui no Hado Woolie