Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
2nd last out of 48? Seriously how does that qualify "From beginner to racer" to me that only says "I have a lot of money and entered a race that I probably got lapped in, a bunch". Also the whole let's document everything is pretty pretentious as well.

I dunno, just shows if you have enough cash, yes you too can race and make a video about it. Even if you're horrible at it.

gently caress this imma go apply for 7 different credit cards and race ama this year. Anyone want to sponsor me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

Gnaghi posted:

It's a pretty cool story, but that guy seems a bit like a jerk too. "They were out-powering me. They were not out-cornering me." (3rd or so track day)

If there is a typical ducati human being quote, this is it.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Silver posted:

2nd last out of 48? Seriously how does that qualify "From beginner to racer" to me that only says "I have a lot of money and entered a race that I probably got lapped in, a bunch". Also the whole let's document everything is pretty pretentious as well.

I dunno, just shows if you have enough cash, yes you too can race and make a video about it. Even if you're horrible at it.

gently caress this imma go apply for 7 different credit cards and race ama this year. Anyone want to sponsor me?

In a few months ask the collection agency to sponsor you.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Silver posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The difference is, AMA has a cutoff, so his rear end would have never made it on the grid. I don't believe WERA does.

What this guy is learning is that a fast single lap and doing well in a race are 2 very, very different things. I'm happiest when I can pull out for a session, do my warm up, and rip off 7 laps that are within a second or so of my best and feel perfectly in control and like I can drop time at will. If you look at his laptimes, he's running slow, slow, little faster, and then one lap where he's basically just praying he makes it through every corner from start to finish, and getting a better time as a result of that. If you can't ride consistantly, you'll never be a good racer. You may be a great track rider, but best lap time really doesn't matter in racing...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

note the chrome steel rim and drum brake and splines for shaft drive :c00l:

:rock:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
So did you lose any?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Boat posted:

Just posted in the AI YouTube thread, but this really really needs to be in here. The scrolling yellow text in the second one is a bit annoying, but well worth it.

The whine's pretty cool, but I love how it sounds like a V8 at low rpm.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

UK unmarked police bike follows squid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2PBMGmUjTE

I don't get this, how long should the policeman follow the guy before he identifies himself and pull him over? When he reads the violations over the radio, he does exactly the same thing himself. Hanging on like that is just stoking the squid fire, making the retard think he's a rider and daring him to push harder. No excuse for his actions of course, you'd go straight to jail for that in Norway.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

Ola posted:

UK unmarked police bike follows squid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2PBMGmUjTE

I don't get this, how long should the policeman follow the guy before he identifies himself and pull him over? When he reads the violations over the radio, he does exactly the same thing himself. Hanging on like that is just stoking the squid fire, making the retard think he's a rider and daring him to push harder. No excuse for his actions of course, you'd go straight to jail for that in Norway.

Watched this a while ago, he did get some jail time i belive.

Whats not shown in the video is the biker stopping and filling his tank, all the while the police officer waits for him across the road, the squid said he was scared out of his wits apparently. Still no excuse, I think both were in the wrong.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

fronkpies posted:

Whats not shown in the video is the biker stopping and filling his tank, all the while the police officer waits for him across the road, the squid said he was scared out of his wits apparently.

:wtf: that would scare the poo poo out of me too.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm

Ola posted:

I'd guess that the only excuse would be if the bike is completely unmarked, and the rider doesn't have any identifying blue lights or sirens (there's a lot less grill to hide lights in when it's a bike and not a car). I was expecting him to call in backup and nick the guy.

The police biker does seem to get caught up in the chase a couple of times, makes passes after the other bloke when the gap's even smaller. Then again he does pay attention for a lot of it, and the field of view's a lot more restricted than what either of the riders could have be seeing.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
That guy needed a heavier throttle hand is all. Also I bet the cop chasing him was loving every minute of it. Honestly.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The story I heard on that video is that they had a "Mystery commuter", who was hauling rear end, and they wanted to really take him down, so rather than just pulling him and getting him for a handful of violations, they decided to follow his entire commute, video it and throw the book at him.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Here you go.

Numerous complaints from neighbours, so I assumed they just tailed him one day as he left home.

I thought he was done for when I saw those headlights coming round that blind bend on the overtake. He's so incredibly lucky it turned out to be a bike.

Edit: Actually that's got me thinking. If he'd had a head on from the position he was in, he'd have gone straight into the driver's side of the car and it would be surprising if he didn't end up killing himself and the car driver. If he'd took the bike out I'd bet on a fatality.

There would have been a massive public uproar that the officer should have stopped him immediately after he saw how he was riding. It's pretty obvious you don't turn into a rider like that overnight, and for a 2 year suspended license and some unpaid hours, it's a loving ridiculous risk he's taken.

Didn't a guy who worked at a Ferrari Porsche dealership get jailed for doing 110mph 150mph on a motorway in a company car?

kcer fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 9, 2009

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Thanks for that link. Fair enough on gathering evidence from a repeat offender, but calling the unmarked bike completely safe is bullshit. He was having a ball and just as dangerous to other vehicles as the guy he was following. No problem cap'n, he's slow in the corners, I can totally outride this newb. :c00l:

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
A couple of traffic police on another forum I read said the chase would have been called off by any responsible officer because it had become excessively dangerous. I have no idea if the copper in the video was disciplined.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

ranathari posted:

A couple of traffic police on another forum I read said the chase would have been called off by any responsible officer because it had become excessively dangerous. I have no idea if the copper in the video was disciplined.

I think it should have been called off pretty soon after it began, I agree with gathering evidence, the rider was obviously putting his own and other people safety at risk, but there does become a point when it's to much.

The officer was asked whether he would like to continue and he said yes, so if any action was taken i think it should have been against him. My girlfriends dad has been a police officer for 30+ years, so I wouldnt mind getting his point of view on it.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

I got nabbed by a police plane once for doing 114 on an empty segment of freeway and pulled over a couple miles later by a patrolling officer. The ticket was horrendous and my parents weren't too happy about my young squidly self spiking my insurance rate 500%.
I can't imagine what the penalty would be for breaking 140 on surface streets, let alone an entire commute of traffic offenses. Following him the whole way like that was overkill, just booking him as soon as his speeding got out of hand would've been plenty of a deterrent. It's not like all motorcyclists are stick-it-to-the-man outlaws.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

Jack the Smack posted:

I mean I guess it's funny by itself... but it just becomes so much better if I think it's a police funeral procession.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Jack the Smack posted:

The cop on the right is thinking "Purple guy on a unicycle. Again. *sigh*"

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Z3n posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The difference is, AMA has a cutoff, so his rear end would have never made it on the grid. I don't believe WERA does.

What this guy is learning is that a fast single lap and doing well in a race are 2 very, very different things. I'm happiest when I can pull out for a session, do my warm up, and rip off 7 laps that are within a second or so of my best and feel perfectly in control and like I can drop time at will. If you look at his laptimes, he's running slow, slow, little faster, and then one lap where he's basically just praying he makes it through every corner from start to finish, and getting a better time as a result of that. If you can't ride consistantly, you'll never be a good racer. You may be a great track rider, but best lap time really doesn't matter in racing...

This guy was your typical trackday hero racing for times and nothing else. Must be nice to have a big piggy bank where you can buy a bike, decide it'll be too much to build it as a race bike, and then buy another bike of the same value :psyduck:

I don't understand how he was running white plates in that one WERA race... I know there was no way he went to expert in his first season.

I love the way he was complaining the 748 was underpowered... its called momentum my friend. Unless the track has a ton of straights, you should be able to keep up with most bikes.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revenant.Eagle posted:

This guy was your typical trackday hero racing for times and nothing else. Must be nice to have a big piggy bank where you can buy a bike, decide it'll be too much to build it as a race bike, and then buy another bike of the same value :psyduck:

I don't understand how he was running white plates in that one WERA race... I know there was no way he went to expert in his first season.

I love the way he was complaining the 748 was underpowered... its called momentum my friend. Unless the track has a ton of straights, you should be able to keep up with most bikes.

AFM you can go expert in your first season...complete 6 out of 7 races without crashing, in the normal grid (not clubman) and you can get your expert license. I wouldn't bother changing my plates unless they made me.

Although if I was afraid that people would judge me for my yellow plates...:xd:

And yeah, I keep up just fine with everyone but the KFGs on my SV. It's got less power than the 748.

I'm not sure how he justified the new bike, either, unless he was talking about getting the 748 "competitive", as in...podium capable. Which would be about 20k worth of work and completely not worth it. You'd have to build the engine, replace a shitload of parts with lightweight replacements, blah blah blah. It would have gotten 2nd to last without all of that work though! :shobon:

Anyone who's racing a duc has money, those fuckers are expensive to run.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Found this on thekneeslider.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIP2w9qevCc

Inline 4 125cc monkey bike, sounds cool as hell.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ha, it needs a regearing thats for sure. I love that he goes through 4 gears and sounds like it should be doin 120, and its doing like 20mph.

Thats cool as all hell though. How would someone even make something like that?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm sure most of these are reposts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2UJUqq5MNQ

1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ObMOSRMwNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEO8ka5e0M&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqTHs9BoKG0&feature=PlayList&p=619BBF9CA41BDE21&playnext=1&index=72

Holy poo poo

Oh, and

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 20, 2009

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
That movie is BAD, but worth watching at least up to this part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyEm25IRb4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Gnaghi posted:

I never actually saw the movie. Just thought the poster was funny.

What the hell is he launching off of?

Pretty awesome either way.

-edit - Does that bike have a turbo?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 20, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

I...what the gently caress was that. I love me some Ice every now and again, but :wtc:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

I had to mute it, but I don't understand what happened at 1:44

How is Cool as Ice not on netflix?

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 20, 2009

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sorry if this is a repeat, saw this series floating around, go pig :)

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Click here for the full 1024x576 image.

That can't be a good way to secure a bike to a trailer, can it?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

DRZ400SM Drag bike. Wha...
http://cambridge-maryland.olx.com/2008-drz-400sm-drag-bike-suzuki-iid-18542437#pics

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

blugu64 posted:

I had to mute it, but I don't understand what happened at 1:44

How is Cool as Ice not on netflix?

If your talking about the guy on the yellow bike (maybe a Gixxer, I think they offered that paint a few years ago), it looks like he drops his hand on the left clip on, which made the bike start turning. Sharply. Then crashing. Also sharply.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gnaghi posted:

How about a compilation of all the Gixxer scenes in that movie plus a really gay dance number at the end.

God bless you youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGdMrnxPO3I

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 21, 2009

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
The fact that someone hasn't replicated Vanilla Ice's jacket (and pants!) from that movie seems like such a missed opportunity to me. I would buy one in a second.

pr0zac fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 21, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

The fact that someone hasn't replicated Vanilla Ice's jacket (and pants!) from that movie seems like such a missed opportunity to me. I would buy one in a second.

The black leather one that says "danger" is so :3:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bob Morales posted:

Click here for the full 1024x576 image.

That can't be a good way to secure a bike to a trailer, can it?
actually i bet that would work fine. if that mountain climbing clip thing really is designed for loads and not just for keychains.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Christoff posted:

-edit - Does that bike have a turbo?

I think it has the same mod that Michael Jackson's jumping car has in his movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

Ola posted:

Thanks for that link. Fair enough on gathering evidence from a repeat offender, but calling the unmarked bike completely safe is bullshit. He was having a ball and just as dangerous to other vehicles as the guy he was following. No problem cap'n, he's slow in the corners, I can totally outride this newb. :c00l:

If you watch the video again, the cop is bullshitting when he bags out the other rider's cornering over the radio.

The other rider is pulling away through corners, and it's the cop that's squidding along the straights to catch up with him again.