Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Giving Reign the complete Superman backstory is an interesting decision that I think works?

She definitely got the shittier fortress of solitude sanctuary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
dang they really did blow the VFX budget on the martian episode. That Reign reveal was weeeeeak.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Can anyone explain to me how Mon El could have left the same area of space as Kara, at roughly the same time as her, and arrived god knows how many years after her, yet seems to have no signs of aging? Kara was stuck in the Phantom Zone which is why she stayed a kid there for years. Mon El did not go into the Phantom Zone to my knowledge. Why isn’t Mon El like 50?

Direct evidence of this being weird is the fact that Superman himself aged to 20 something by the time Kara landed. Mon El was traveling for like 40 loving years longer and is still hot.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 21, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hey, I liked the Fortress of Reignitude :mad:

Not sure where we go from here though. Reign is basically... General Zod but Female? idgi

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Your sigil has a skull on it. Don't turn the machine on!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Windows 98 posted:

Can anyone explain to me how Mon El could have left the same area of space as Kara, at roughly the same time as her, and arrived god knows how many years after her, yet seems to have no signs of aging? Kara was stuck in the Phantom Zone which is why she stayed a kid there for years. Mon El did not go into the Phantom Zone to my knowledge. Why isn’t Mon El like 50?

The pod puts the inhabitant into suspended animation and Mon-El's pod got stuck in a nebula or something if I remember last season's premiere correctly.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Look, if we learned anything from the Arrowverse, it's that time is a very flexible and variable thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IN CASE ANYONE MISSED IT

LANVERS IS HAPPENING

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

LANVERS

Dance is better

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Submarine controlled by an X-52, immersion ruined :rimshot:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Windows 98 posted:

Direct evidence of this being weird is the fact that Superman himself aged to 20 something by the time Kara landed. Mon El was traveling for like 40 loving years longer and is still hot.

I kind of assumed that Daxamites have a different aging process or life span.

Also, I like bearded Mon-el a lot better than baby-face Mon-el.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FELD1 posted:

I kind of assumed that Daxamites have a different aging process or life span.

Also, I like bearded Mon-el a lot better than baby-face Mon-el.

Kara and i feel the same way about ribs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

Kara and i feel the same way about ribs.

Well duh. When you get unlimited ribs, you eat all of the ribs :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'd pay good money to see her eating ribs like that. Not even in a creepy way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Moon Slayer posted:

Wikipedia says Imra is Saturn Girl.

Makes sense. Mon El said he was speaking Saturnian and there was an image of Saturn on her failing screen thingie.

Windows 98 posted:

Kal El left Krypton as a baby and arrived as a baby, Kara left Krypton as a teenager and arrived on Earth as a teenager, and Mon El left Daxam an adult and arrived as an adult. Obviously the pods suspend you. Kara getting stuck in the Phantom Zone wasn't an excuse to why she didn't age, it was to explain why she didn't arrive with Kal. Her pod got stuck and took the long way (by 20 years or so) around. Mon El's must have got stuck in something else and took another 10 years or so. And Reign's apparently took the same direct path Kal's did.

The bigger question would be the other Kryptonians and Daxamites who have been floating around for 30+ years but presumably they all have some kind of suspended animation/hyper sleep stuff going on too, or they just age really, really well.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Man, I love this show when it's firing on all cylinders. Supergirl's always had a unique voice of its own, but I feel like this season has settled on a really cool overall...vibe, I guess, with the overarching plots of Kara and Samantha and all that. There's not as much lighthearted romping, but they're doing whatever it is they're doing here really well so I'm not complaining.

^famous last words

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's got the nicer weather though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bruceski posted:

Your sigil has a skull on it. Don't turn the machine on!

Am I the baddie?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Am I the baddie?

She is now. I'm hoping it's just a "worldview shift" sort of evil rather than a total brain rewrite, it would be a shame to throw the whole character out.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Makes sense. Mon El said he was speaking Saturnian and there was an image of Saturn on her failing screen thingie.

Kal El left Krypton as a baby and arrived as a baby, Kara left Krypton as a teenager and arrived on Earth as a teenager, and Mon El left Daxam an adult and arrived as an adult. Obviously the pods suspend you. Kara getting stuck in the Phantom Zone wasn't an excuse to why she didn't age, it was to explain why she didn't arrive with Kal. Her pod got stuck and took the long way (by 20 years or so) around. Mon El's must have got stuck in something else and took another 10 years or so. And Reign's apparently took the same direct path Kal's did.

The bigger question would be the other Kryptonians and Daxamites who have been floating around for 30+ years but presumably they all have some kind of suspended animation/hyper sleep stuff going on too, or they just age really, really well.

Mon's didn't get stuck. He explains it in the episode. The thing he went through at the end wasn't into the Phantom Zone. It was a Wormhole that took him to the 31st Century. He spends 7 years there and then him some some of the Legion end up 12,000 years in the past. The ship he was in was a suspended animation pod, but it's Time Travel.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just gotta take it down. Like a champ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye2xf29lWZU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Mon's didn't get stuck. He explains it in the episode. The thing he went through at the end wasn't into the Phantom Zone. It was a Wormhole that took him to the 31st Century. He spends 7 years there and then him some some of the Legion end up 12,000 years in the past. The ship he was in was a suspended animation pod, but it's Time Travel.

I don't care what anyone else says. Wormholes don't just randomly appear out in space. That was a boom tube.

I doubt we'll ever see Darkseid on here, though, because that's a power level way too high for Supergirl and the DEO. :sigh:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't care what anyone else says. Wormholes don't just randomly appear out in space. That was a boom tube.

I doubt we'll ever see Darkseid on here, though, because that's a power level way too high for Supergirl and the DEO. :sigh:

I could see Granny Goodness getting a cameo, with hints at a "darker power" that never gets resolved because Justice League.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Supergirl could take Darkseid, she beat up Clark after all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burning_Monk posted:

I could see Granny Goodness getting a cameo, with hints at a "darker power" that never gets resolved because Justice League.

Actually the Furies would be perfect foils. Definitely want to see a Kara/Stompa throwdown.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The DCTV shows would be the perfect place to work in some of Kirby's Fourth World stuff- the Jimmy Olsen stories with the DNAliens and the Evil Factory, the Forever People, etc. Especially if WB drags its feet after Justice League.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The DCTV shows would be the perfect place to work in some of Kirby's Fourth World stuff- the Jimmy Olsen stories with the DNAliens and the Evil Factory, the Forever People, etc. Especially if WB drags its feet after Justice League.

The Evil Factory would make for a great crossover, Cisco would be all over naming that poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or is anyone else weirded out by Odette Annable's crazy hands? It looks like someone took normal hands and stretched them out.

The one thing that bugged me about the episode was that everyone kind of completely glossed over the whole "12,000 year old ship" thing when they found Mon-El. That seems like it should have come up sometime.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

The one thing that bugged me about the episode was that everyone kind of completely glossed over the whole "12,000 year old ship" thing when they found Mon-El. That seems like it should have come up sometime.

They said that was based on the age of the stone it was embedded in. I figured the time ship or whatever materialized in the middle of the bedrock.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes, Odette Annabelle's hands were freaking me out too. They're huge and they got a lot of focus this episode. I've been a fan of her for years and never noticed it until now.

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, I was referring to his first trip from Daxam to Earth. I don't remember the details but the point was it's been established that Kal, Kara, Mon, and Reign all left Krypton/Daxam at roughly the same time but arrive on Earth at wildly different times. Kal and Reign took a seemingly direct path, Kara got siddtracked, and Mon presumably did too.

Although maybe he time traveled that time too. I don't remember the explanation for his landing last season at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So with Mon-El Married to Saturn Girl, that opens Kara up for Braniac 5?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

So with Mon-El Married to Saturn Girl, that opens Kara up for Braniac 5?

They've cast an actor to play him this season, so.... maybe?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

Unless they buck the trend and she and Matter Eater Lad bond over ribs.

It was a limited time offer!!!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why does Kara need a new boyfriend every season :dawkins101:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why does Kara need a new boyfriend every season :dawkins101:

Because it’s a CW show and also sexism

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Because it’s a CW show and also sexism

That's more CW than sexism. The male stars also churn through significant others.

Even Legends of Tomorrow has to have some type of romance subplot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Jesse Rath, who was really great on No Tomorrow last year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Floppychop posted:

That's more CW than sexism. The male stars also churn through significant others.

Even Legends of Tomorrow has to have some type of romance subplot.

At least on Legends they lean into their strengths across the board and Nate and Amaya’s relationship is played more often for comedy than it is drama, like Nate trying to bang Ray’s mom in the 80s and Amaya’s pure schaddenfreude when it blows up in his face.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did they bother reconciling "that ship's been down there 12,000 years!" With Mon-El's seven year timetable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ruddiger posted:

Did they bother reconciling "that ship's been down there 12,000 years!" With Mon-El's seven year timetable?

He spent 7 years in the 31st century. Presumably they then traveled in time for some reason and crashed waaaaaay back and spent a long time in suspended animation.

There's obviously a lot of unanswered questions there including why the DEO had that thing Mon used to power up the ships computer. But Mon el's 7 year timeline is separate from the question of what's up with the ship.

My guess is the Legion has a really important mission and some history with the DEO or something. I'm also expecting some kind of paradox thing where Supergirl works with them now to inspire their formation in the future, hence Saturn Girl's starstruck reaction.