Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

i dont want to be your friend, babyfur alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am playing Grim Fandango for the very first time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

corn in the bible posted:

lol yeah in telltale choices defo matter lmao

:thejoke:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pokémon Sun is really really good.

Playing it a lot though has forced me to go ahead and get a grip for the N3DSXL. It's something I've been meaning to do for ages.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I picked up Age of Decadence on GOG sale and just booted it up for the first time. This is the intro screen when you start your first game...

... I like this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The doctor showed me that when I was born

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

I picked up Age of Decadence on GOG sale and just booted it up for the first time. This is the intro screen when you start your first game...

... I like this.

the dark souls of games that start with "age of"

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Intelligent Qube!! Hell yes!

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Does anybody here pay attention to the development of Yandere Simulator?

Cause to me it just seems like the dev is working motherfucking backwards and making it way more complicated than it needs to be, and it is pissing me off because it looked like it could have been an okay game, I mean, I probably wouldn't have played it but it would have been cool to watch someone else kind of play it and I gotta admit I do like a lot of the character designs, I think they're decent, and there's stuff I like in it, but at the same time, working motherfucking backwards and trying to do way too much. Should've gotten the core game done first.

Anyway that's my rant.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm too yandere to pay attention to yandere simulator, ironicaly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Does anybody here pay attention to the development of Yandere Simulator?

Cause to me it just seems like the dev is working motherfucking backwards and making it way more complicated than it needs to be, and it is pissing me off because it looked like it could have been an okay game, I mean, I probably wouldn't have played it but it would have been cool to watch someone else kind of play it and I gotta admit I do like a lot of the character designs, I think they're decent, and there's stuff I like in it, but at the same time, working motherfucking backwards and trying to do way too much. Should've gotten the core game done first.

Anyway that's my rant.

I hit my shins on your soapbox, owie owie, wait what

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I cannot view Yandere Simulator as much more than edgy and distasteful, sorry.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just got to the second island in Sun. Olivia is a total babe :swoon:

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I cannot view Yandere Simulator as much more than edgy and distasteful, sorry.

That's cool. I completely understand that. I understand why somebody wouldn't like it.

Like I said, I kinda liked the premise when it first started, but it's just kinda sad now because the way he's working and stuff.

But I'm not a game developer. Maybe what he's doing is right, I have no clue.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yandere simulator more like yon derry tim "tool man" taylor

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've only seen a couple of gifs of it but isn't Yandere Simulator just Hitman if 47 was an anime girl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm probably going to grab a nu3ds in the big sale this black friday but before i grab mon hun for it, does anyone know if it has online matching or if you need to have a crew to play with? i have big doubts that theres a lobby system for it any i don't know anybody else that plays.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

while cleaning up for a move i found a copy of heart gold i don't have any recollection owning, or playing, or anything, but apparently i named an onix ore-oboros haha

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm probably going to grab a nu3ds in the big sale this black friday but before i grab mon hun for it, does anyone know if it has online matching or if you need to have a crew to play with? i have big doubts that theres a lobby system for it any i don't know anybody else that plays.

There is a lobby system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

while cleaning up for a move i found a copy of heart gold i don't have any recollection owning, or playing, or anything, but apparently i named an onix ore-oboros haha

Lol

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I've only seen a couple of gifs of it but isn't Yandere Simulator just Hitman if 47 was an anime girl

What you said is kinda accurate but it's more like a high school simulation where you have to go from class to class while keeping people from falling in love with your senpai through whatever means necessary, whether through setting them up with other people or murdering them or framing them for murder or kidnapping them. The murder and stealth mechanics are centered around hitman though, so it's like if 47 was in a persistent world that advanced from day to day where you had to keep to a schedule while finding time to increase your skills as well as planning your hits. I guess it's like a more interactive open-world Magical Diary (sans magic obviously) crossed with Hitman, or at least that's what I wish it was if the developer wasn't working in such an rear end-backwards way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

There is a lobby system.

WOOOHOOO

generations is the one to get right now right? the newest one is still unannounced for the west iirc

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

WOOOHOOO

generations is the one to get right now right? the newest one is still unannounced for the west iirc

Yes. Also I still haven't finished it so I might be down to hunt some mons with you at some point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sweet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

What you said is kinda accurate but it's more like a high school simulation where you have to go from class to class while keeping people from falling in love with your senpai through whatever means necessary, whether through setting them up with other people or murdering them or framing them for murder or kidnapping them. The murder and stealth mechanics are centered around hitman though, so it's like if 47 was in a persistent world that advanced from day to day where you had to keep to a schedule while finding time to increase your skills as well as planning your hits. I guess it's like a more interactive open-world Magical Diary (sans magic obviously) crossed with Hitman, or at least that's what I wish it was if the developer wasn't working in such an rear end-backwards way.

That actually sounds pretty neat to me

I don't really play PC games so I can only hope 47 falls in love with Diana in season 2 of Hitman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

poo poo, that is the best Onyx name I've ever heard.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

um

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So I've been out of the pokemon loop for a while. I've playing Pokemon Sun blind with nothing other than the Z moves and I feel like a 13 year old all over again and guessing what pokemon's types were by their appearance. Also I got to the third island. I almost. ALMOST. lost in the 2nd island trial, mostly because of how ill equipped my team was, I was lucky on that one that my Slowpoke manage to kill with barely any HP left. Also Incineroar is the poo poo! I dunno if this was new or not but I love how the strong the affection a pokemon has the more chances they pull off bullshit. Twice Incineroar got paralyzed and he said nah gently caress that. So cool.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 21, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can you still pet the pokemon or what?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pokemon petting was censored out of the western release

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Can you still pet the pokemon or what?

Yes, it even lets you heal their poison after battle via petting

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

You pet a lot of Pokémon now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, it even lets you heal their poison after battle via petting

I haven't bought any heals because of that. Burn? Poison? Sleep? Bam does it all.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Shindragon posted:

I haven't bought any heals because of that. Burn? Poison? Sleep? Bam does it all.

Wow, i had no excitement for the game until now. Minimizing dumb inventory bullshit and maximizing playing with pokemons is cool and good.

I also heard they got rid of HMs?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Yakuza 4 today. I really enjoyed the majority of the game, but the last boss gauntlet and end of the story was kinda bleh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nasgate posted:

Wow, i had no excitement for the game until now. Minimizing dumb inventory bullshit and maximizing playing with pokemons is cool and good.

Yeah and TMs can be reused, like X/Y. Also no more gyms

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

... I like this.

Update: I hate this game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nasgate posted:

Yar thats gone. TMS can be reused over and over. You pretty much use designated pokemon to break rocks/fly/surf around now, they don't take very long to unlock either. There are no more gyms either. Just "trials". After finishing them you fight a loving super powered pokemon that can wreck your poo poo if you aren't careful.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 21, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
drat, after all these years i for once dont pick up a pokemon game and they change the game up finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The totem Pokemon are like, actually mildly challenging and that's probably the most shocking element of the game.

• Locked thread