Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fouts, Anderson, Tarkenton, Griese and Stabler were all better than Staubach.

Ok maybe not Griese or Stabler. No gently caress it, yes Stabler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

Fouts, Anderson, Tarkenton, Griese and Stabler were all better than Staubach.

Ok maybe not Griese or Stabler. No gently caress it, yes Stabler.

Good point, it's not like there were other QBs better than Tony Romo who was selected as a pro-bowl starter *checks notes* zero times.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:siren: It's dumpster fire season!!!! :siren:

First up, the Cowboys:

10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season

e:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1143146713311567872

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 24, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
For New York and Washington I feel like the bigger challenge would be finding ten reasons why those teams won't be dumpster fires.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

NotWearingPants posted:

:siren: It's dumpster fire season!!!! :siren:

laffin pretty hard at the GEOFF SWAIM ULTIMATE HIGHLIGHTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1CbVWr7Ww

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:siren: 10 reasons the Washington team will be a dumpster fire this season :siren:

I'm halfway through and it's brutal. Highest paid offense in the NFL? ouch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's car crash smashing into a train wreck carrying a load of burning dumpsters.

The CityPaper article that post links is fantastic as well.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1143564212557492233

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Buried in here is the amazing fact that Frank loving Gore is still in the top 10 for most rushes in the last three years. When the man dies they're going to have to superglue his body down or it'll run away.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:siren: A Giant Disaster :siren:

quote:

When I started writing this, my first bullet point was how awful Dave Gettleman has been in absolutely destroying this roster. By the time bullet point No. 1 was over, I was about 3,000 words deep, and points 2-10 were pretty much already covered. And that's when I realized that Gettleman has ruined the Giants at literally every position on the roster.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I hate the stupid button you have to click to make the article appear because apparently I'm not allowed to read it, since it wont click.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

iwentdoodie posted:

I hate the stupid button you have to click to make the article appear because apparently I'm not allowed to read it, since it wont click.

:shrug: I use uBlock Origin so I never see any of that stuff.

Frankly I don't know how people even use the internet these days without it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

:siren: 10 reasons the Washington team will be a dumpster fire this season :siren:

I'm halfway through and it's brutal. Highest paid offense in the NFL? ouch.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's car crash smashing into a train wreck carrying a load of burning dumpsters.

The CityPaper article that post links is fantastic as well.

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/sports/article/21066973/happy-20th-anniversary-dan-snyder-washington-fans-are-not-cheering

reading it in a list like this, you really realize how internally sick that organization is. Snyder has to be the scummiest piece of poo poo in the NFL owners meeting, which is truly an incredible accomplishment. The fact that some right wing rear end in a top hat national parks guy illegally helped him destroy old native trees (and that same guy was named Deputy Director of National Parks by Trump) is like the perfect vortex of disgusting fuckery

I actually like Dwayne Haskins but the fact that Snyder wanted him makes me think he's going to be a failure. Without a doubt he'll have an extremely tough year, given how awful the talent is around him and the fact that he's started only 15 games, just like Trubisky had. The highest paid starting offense in the NFL and one of the worst without a doubt

Overall I'd still rather be a Giants fan than a Washington fan, and I think the Giants will be better than Washington this season

Play fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 26, 2019

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Overall I'd still rather be a Giants fan than a Washington fan

Interesting thought. My initial reaction is to disagree because the Giants are so horrible, but NY will eventually fire Gettleman and Snyder isn't going anywhere.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Interesting thought. My initial reaction is to disagree because the Giants are so horrible, but NY will eventually fire Gettleman and Snyder isn't going anywhere.

It's starting to look like Bruce Allen isn't either. Those two are like partners in crime if the crime is handing out enormous contracts for bad, aging players. Like I bet if you made a list of the top ten worst contracts in football since Snyder took over, his team would have seven of those ten. The fact that THIS offense is the highest paid one in football is proof of that. In terms of their skill level it should probably be like the 31st highest paid offense

Plus, just change the loving name. christ

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Play posted:

Overall I'd still rather be a Giants fan than a Washington fan, and I think the Giants will be better than Washington this season

It's not easy. I don't know why I keep doing it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Thanks for reminding me that the Giants traded Odell Beckham for a 1st and a 3rd, I needed that laugh.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
will they still be the highest paid offense once they release Williams

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Giants gonna have a better season than the Eagles this year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

for me to poop on

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The only way this post makes sense is if you put down your phone right after and you're in the middle of strapping C4 to the Eagles team plane.

Wait... are you responsible for that big explosion in Philly the other day? :ohdear:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

will they still be the highest paid offense once they release Williams

It would go down about 9 million so probably not. They would still have 5 million in dead money to add on to their already massive collection of dead money which is listed at 7 million but that's before you add in Alex Smith's 15 million

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:siren: The Eagles stink too :siren:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Probably the most damning section is in regards to the medical staff:

quote:

Carson Wentz’s back injury was the most notable abnormality. The Eagles shut him down in December, after they revealed he had a stress fracture. The quarterback first popped up on the injury report with a “back” injury in October, but he didn’t miss a game, even though several players said Wentz was playing in pain.

Running back Darren Sproles and cornerback Sidney Jones missed significant time with recurring hamstring injuries. Wide receiver Mack Hollins said he would play in the season opener after having offseason sports-hernia surgery, only to be placed on injured reserve. On Tuesday, he practiced in public for the first time since last year.

Jalen Mills’ foot injury in November was deemed minor by coach Doug Pederson, but a few weeks later he was spotted in a walking boot and eventually placed on IR. He has yet to practice this offseason.

Safety Chris Maragos never returned from anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament injuries in October 2017, even though others have needed only a year to return. Maragos was released this offseason and isn’t on an NFL roster.

Running back Jay Ajayi tore the ACL in his left knee in September, but he was was outfitted with a brace in the second half and kept playing. Ajayi is an unsigned free agent.

Defensive tackle Tim Jernigan missed the first 10 games with a back injury, but after playing in one game, he experienced back spasms and missed three more games.

Defensive end Derek Barnett missed a game with a “shoulder” injury but returned to play in two games. The injury turned out to be a torn rotator cuff that required season-ending surgery. Barnett has not practiced this spring.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In response to the medical stuff, they fired a lot of the 2018 medical staff after the slew of injuries last year.

quote:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Eagles-medical-staff-changes-Arsh-Dhanota-132784192/

Eagles make major change to medical staff
June 11, 2019

The Philadelphia Eagles continue to make changes to their medical staff, creating a new position of Chief Medical Officer, whichwill oversee the entire medical staff and be responsible for streamlining communication throughout all departments. Per ESPN's Tim McManus, the Eagles hired Arsh Dhanota for the position.

Dhanota was the medical director of non-operative sports medicine at Penn Medicine prior to the hire. The Eagles also parted ways with Head Team Physician Stephen A. Stache, per McManus.

Stache was the replacement for Dr. Peter DeLuca, who was fired from the Eagles last year. DeLuca is the Head Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Philadelphia Flyers and is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson.

His expertise is in ACL reconstruction, shoulder labral repair and other advanced arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee. Dr. DeLuca has served in the past as team physician for the Eagles, Philadelphia Phantoms, Camden Riversharks, Philadelphia Kixx and Philadelphia Rage. He was selected to serve as Head Team Physician for the NFC in the Pro Bowl in 2003, 2004 and 2009. In 2010, he led the Eagles medical staff of whom received an award for the Best Medical Staff in the NFL for 2010.

Team internist Dr. Gary Dorshimer was let go from the Eagles last year as well. He was recognized by America's Top Doctors from 2015 to 2017 and was recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's annual Top Docs issues in 2002, 2004, and 2010 through 2018.

In the first year without DeLuca and Dorshimer, the Eagles were immensely criticized for the numerous injuries they had throughout the 2018 season.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Steve Stache is a hell of a good name.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Interesting. Could Conner Barwin fill that Chris Long depth role?

https://twitter.com/PHLPhillySports/status/1144664583761727488

I'd bet against him beating out the best of the younger guys who would be slated for the #4 slot, but it's good to have options.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

Interesting. Could Conner Barwin fill that Chris Long depth role?

https://twitter.com/PHLPhillySports/status/1144664583761727488

I'd bet against him beating out the best of the younger guys who would be slated for the #4 slot, but it's good to have options.

Ah, that solves the mystery of why I saw him around town recently. More Connor Barwin sightings are fun!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd be cool with it for depth 🤷‍♂️

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It was cool to see Connor Barwin at random shows when he lived in south philly. He’s apparently a big craft beer and music nerd. I saw him a couple times at Boot and Saddle and Union Transfer. He was super into Philly.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1145486886850433027

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
RIP Pillsbury Throw Boy

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1146520491743698949

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hgwlJuLB4

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
the aging app has been a big deal on twitta today but this is legit the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/tribros/status/1151297398297235456?s=21

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This is a disappointment:

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/1151128373047042048

I guess Zach Berman is replacing him and he's pretty good but I always though Kapadia was the stronger talent of the Kapadia/Wulf pairing. Their Sixers writers are what keep me subscribed though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

That’s a loss for sure but there’s enough good content beyond his stuff.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1152328861968936967

nice

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
All the running backs. Eagles hell bent on a run game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

are they? none of them are especially good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

are they? none of them are especially good

Yeah, you're right. I think they're hoping for competence from the RBs this season.