Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I ran 13A organized play for a few years, and yeah the adventures are a mixed bag. Some of them were very obviously low-effort "oh poo poo we need something tomorrow" things that were just...there.

Also I'd like to point out that in all that time nobody ever multi-classed, or felt the need to.

My friend and I were getting drunk on Saturday and we both just had to talk about how 13th age is multiclassing system is absolutely terrible and hates you for even attempting it. Also, as you can tell by the fact we talk about these things at the bar, we are killer with the ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
In my latest campaign the orcs are a mix between Orlanthi from KODP and Jaegers from Girls Genius, working mostly as mercenaries under their princelings with the occasional raid when things get to quiet, but being dispersed all over the continent they are still a diverse bunch. One of my players is running an ex-mercenary orc that basically grogs around whenever he meets other vets. Also, the main sponsor of the party is an orcish Marco Marco and they are planning on opening a queer tavern/bar in the city they use as base of operations

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
13th Age multiclassing is the same as every other multiclassing system: systemic Tetris for maximization wonks and the dangerously indecisive.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Warhammer Fantasy Random Crits kick rear end when your Entertainer neuters a fight against a Rat Ogre by shattering its ribcage with a single thrown knife after you set up putting them on pretty even footing by giving the party access to makeshift molotovs to light it on fire and give them a round before its handler shows up.

I'm not joking I'm seriously pleased this happened and this went from a cool fight to "whoops we broke it, time to put it out of its misery".

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Question:
Having recently re-encountered Atlas Shrugged, does there exist an rpg based on it or its world?
I´m envisioning something like pbtA-Monsterhearts with players taking the role of lead industrialists
who fight against what is basically a justified government in the downfall leading to the galtpocalypse.
It´s should be about playing high-born manchildren, is what I´m saying, so I wondered if something
like it already existed...?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mr.Misfit posted:

Question:
Having recently re-encountered Atlas Shrugged, does there exist an rpg based on it or its world?
I´m envisioning something like pbtA-Monsterhearts with players taking the role of lead industrialists
who fight against what is basically a justified government in the downfall leading to the galtpocalypse.
It´s should be about playing high-born manchildren, is what I´m saying, so I wondered if something

Hc Svnt Dracones

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Kai Tave posted:

Hc Svnt Dracones

A great answer, but do excuse me a moment while I'm vomiting over here...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mr.Misfit posted:

A great answer, but do excuse me a moment while I'm vomiting over here...

Yeah, libertarianism has that effect on people.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, libertarianism has that effect on people.

it's the lack of regulation in the food market

that's not botulism, that's GOVERNMENT OVERREACH leaving your body

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Human Occupied Landfill

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

whydirt posted:

Human Occupied Landfill

I highly encourage anyone wishing the true Randian Experience to play the LARP version.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
So a group of people in the Triad area has made a tabletop RPG that they just released this weekend for free.
http://nalssadda.com

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr.Misfit posted:

Question:

sounds like a pretty good fiasco playset tbh

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Mr.Misfit posted:

Question:

It's called Exalted.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Liquid Communism posted:

I highly encourage anyone wishing the true Randian Experience to play the LARP version.
I've lived in a college dorm once already.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

It's called Exalted.

Wear that av with honor now.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
I've been laid up with a herniated disc in my neck, which sucks and I'm getting treatment but it's taking ages. About the only thing I've been able to work on is even more of my weird d66 tables, so... what should I make random generator tables about?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/reiley/status/1113159505095819267

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Senior Scarybagels posted:

So a group of people in the Triad area has made a tabletop RPG that they just released this weekend for free.
http://nalssadda.com

April Fool's day was yesterday.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Since we were all noobz once, what was the setting y'all made when you are just getting started dming that you totally thought was awesome until you realized it was crap? You know what I'm talkin about. That's setting y'all made back in high school and totally thought you were hot poo poo for doing so.

Mine was Suddera. And the only thing I can remember about it was that the Cybermen were in it with a high tech empire despite being mediveal. Also, the elves would turn their criminals into elves as punishment and Dwarves did everything. Dwarfs made the dragons, Dwarves made the Cybermen, etc. And there was a war and then the dragons and Cybermen turned on them. And I don't remember anything about the humans.

Actually, I found my old notes and I put them on Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R30E5vZf499R2bfkw-kartm22WhsMiPA-xu3Fa14gaA/edit?usp=drivesdk

So what cringe-inducing setting did you make back in high school?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Covok posted:

Also, the elves would turn their criminals into elves as punishment

I imagine this was a typo but I like the image of the criminal class as the rare and dreaded Double-Elf

Covok
May 27, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

I imagine this was a typo but I like the image of the criminal class as the rare and dreaded Double-Elf

It was supposed to be orc, but your idea is better.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

LongDarkNight posted:

April Fool's day was yesterday.

Not an April Fools Joke - it was a real rules light rpg some people made near me.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I've been playing Sekiro all week and now I want to play Exalted 3play Legends of the Wulinhomebrew my own crazy martial arts gameplay some sort of multiplayer Sekiro.

Covok posted:

Since we were all noobz once, what was the setting y'all made when you are just getting started dming that you totally thought was awesome until you realized it was crap? You know what I'm talkin about. That's setting y'all made back in high school and totally thought you were hot poo poo for doing so.

Mine was Suddera. And the only thing I can remember about it was that the Cybermen were in it with a high tech empire despite being mediveal. Also, the elves would turn their criminals into elves as punishment and Dwarves did everything. Dwarfs made the dragons, Dwarves made the Cybermen, etc. And there was a war and then the dragons and Cybermen turned on them. And I don't remember anything about the humans.

Actually, I found my old notes and I put them on Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R30E5vZf499R2bfkw-kartm22WhsMiPA-xu3Fa14gaA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I don't remember any setting specifics, which were probably pretty goddamn generic anyway, but as a Rolemaster wonk from very early my teenage homebrew indiscretion was this horrific percentile horeshit full of fractional derived statistics, including a large variety of 1-100 qualitative measurements just for weapon stats.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

That Old Tree posted:

I've been playing Sekiro all week and now I want to play Exalted 3play Legends of the Wulinhomebrew my own crazy martial arts gameplay some sort of multiplayer Sekiro.

Reskin Spellbound Kingdoms.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I completely love that this is, in a good way, an utterly standard medieval fantasy world map and right there at the edge DOMINION OF THE CYBER LEGION

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"You have my sword."
"And you have my bow."
"And my axe!"
"LASER ZAP-O-TRON ONLINE"

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Not an April Fools Joke - it was a real rules light rpg some people made near me.

Its not good. They should go back to the drawing board.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Anyone aware of a good RPG with a life path system for character generation?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gort posted:

REIGN.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

That's not actually available, though, is it?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Not only is it available, it's on sale: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/79955/Reign-Enchiridion

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Gort posted:

Mutant Chronicles. Unsure if it's considered "good".

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gort posted:

If you don't mind the crunch of a pallet load of granola, Burning Wheel.

Note : I've never gotten it to the table cause wow that's crunchy, but if nothing else the lifepath system is super fun in itself.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Huh, the Kickstarter estimated delivery is "Aug 2019".

Edit: Oh, that's the second edition

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
A thing was edited, never mind.

Covok
May 27, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

I completely love that this is, in a good way, an utterly standard medieval fantasy world map and right there at the edge DOMINION OF THE CYBER LEGION

My Lovely Horse posted:

"You have my sword."
"And you have my bow."
"And my axe!"
"LASER ZAP-O-TRON ONLINE"

And now you have why I felt like Ur-DM when I came up with this in High School.

"See, it's cool and different because of the robot legions right out of Doctor Who."

Covok
May 27, 2013

That Old Tree posted:

I don't remember any setting specifics, which were probably pretty goddamn generic anyway, but as a Rolemaster wonk from very early my teenage homebrew indiscretion was this horrific percentile horeshit full of fractional derived statistics, including a large variety of 1-100 qualitative measurements just for weapon stats.

I was this but different. I didn't get math of rpgs yet so my buffs and penalties were all over the place and super simulationist.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Covok posted:

I actually super love this

'Dominion of the Cyber Legion' insanely rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm Factory 6