Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
not making a value judgment on the work or the work having that content i just mean not wanting to engage w/ the raw content period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PantsBandit posted:

Not trying to diminish his legacy but I find it weird that an artist can leave a work unfinished after 30+ years of time to work on it and still be considered a "master craftsman". Maybe it's glib to say but to me it's like, nobody would idolize an artist that only finished half their paintings.

For the same reason I don't think GRRM is that great, he wrote some pretty great books but you can't just tell half a story.

This is indeed very glib. Do you have any idea how long it is?

Its like if someone decided to paint a mural that would wrap the earth and died after only covering 1/3rd of it

Its still an achievement far beyond what most would ever even attempt

That's real art

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Zaphod42 posted:

This is indeed very glib. Do you have any idea how long it is?

Its like if someone decided to paint a mural that would wrap the earth and died after only covering 1/3rd of it

Its still an achievement far beyond what most would ever even attempt

That's real art

You'd appreciate a game like Star Citizen

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i also definitely agree its weird to critically define an ongoing life's work of art that has consistent effort to reflect its time just on the blanket act of being lifelong

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
well, heres my take. berserk: has things. star citizen: doesnt have things

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mkvltra posted:

You'd appreciate a game like Star Citizen

>_>

You can read berserk and its really great for hours and hours.

Sc sucks and is a scam, not a game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Violen posted:

well, heres my take. berserk: has things. star citizen: doesnt have things

jpgs are things

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
but are jrpgs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

jrpgs are thrings

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Zaphod42 posted:

>_>

You can read berserk and its really great for hours and hours.

Sc sucks and is a scam, not a game.

The mural you described is Star Citizen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

mkvltra posted:

The mural you described is Star Citizen.

Chris may have proposed a mural but they have yet to complete an inch of it, and instead are making negative progress, so not its incomparable stop trying to troll me :colbert:

If anybody is 1/3rd of the way to completing that mural, its Elite Dangerous, not SC. They're building it one inch at a time. But Elite is only so-so anyways.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Hwurmp posted:

jrpgs are thrings

yea ill quote this ok

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

jpgs are things

Oh boy are they ever

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
no game is finished so no game is art. art is found in completion, like the bottom of a cold can of ravioli you wolf down before going back to sleep for the day.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Relax Or DIE posted:

no game is finished so no game is art. art is found in completion, like the bottom of a cold can of ravioli you wolf down before going back to sleep for the day.

speak of the devil

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

please don't post pages of my diary

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lets keep it going

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

no game is finished so no game is art. art is found in completion

This is the literal opposite of the truth!! Art is never finished either, because half of art is the reaction a person has to it!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
art is when I like a thing

trash is when you like a thing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

art is when I like a thing

trash is when you like a thing

What's it called when nobody likes a thing?

Is thing that nobody likes not art????

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Is thing that nobody likes not art????

Yes, unless a billionaire wants to pay a lot of money for it (he doesn't have to like it)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, unless a billionaire wants to pay a lot of money for it (he doesn't have to like it)

Imagine being a billionaire

Like for real

What the gently caress is that like

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Simone Magus posted:

This is the literal opposite of the truth!! Art is never finished either, because half of art is the reaction a person has to it!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

"art is finished when it receives a numerical score, defining its worth in our canon forever"

- relax or die, 4.7

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Relax Or DIE posted:

This post is art

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

"art is finished when it receives a numerical score, defining its worth in our canon forever"

- relax or die, 4.7

I give this post a 6/10. While the form is adequate, it's nothing I haven't seen before. Maybe try posting this in Toronto, I hear their standards are lower :smug:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm just messing around :shobon:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Imagine being a billionaire

Like for real

What the gently caress is that like

Basically just imagine what it would be like to be a king or emperor, but in 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wait here's a question

Is information art? Is news art? Is all communication art or must it meet some arbitrary criteria??

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Maybe try posting this in Toronto, I hear their standards are lower :smug:

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1395464121701838849

May 8, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I'm just messing around :shobon:

no worries i do often refer to myself as a 'toronto 6' so you got me here

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Overwatch, more like underwhelming

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

no worries i do often refer to myself as a 'toronto 6' so you got me here

I think not being on meth automatically makes you a 7 in Toronto these days

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I used to play diablo 2 with a guy name phil from toronto and I very specifically remember playing during the SARS outbreak in 2002 or so and telling him not to get SARS weird how there's another SARS anyway that's my story

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Wait here's a question

Is information art? Is news art? Is all communication art or must it meet some arbitrary criteria??

It depends upon how you define 'art', and arguing that is simply semantics IMO.

But to me art requires intent of an author, so information can be art but not all information is inherently art. But there's other ways to look at what 'art' could mean that would be different and arguing them is kinda silly, its just perspective.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

Wait here's a question

Beauty created with conscious intent is art to me

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I used to play diablo 2 with a guy name phil from toronto and I very specifically remember playing during the SARS outbreak in 2002 or so and telling him not to get SARS weird how there's another SARS anyway that's my story

Dude my parents had SARS, it was insanely chill

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://twitter.com/SuperMarioT_YT/status/1394732688884576261

yoshi's mafioso days continuing to cause chaos

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
a just punishment for glorifying tax evasion

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mkvltra posted:

What's the egg game

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

cheetah7071 posted:

That ones really absurd. Here's the full solution:

You need to get Meganium to walk behind the tree. At some point, it will pause; this is when you knock Hoothoot out of the tree. This is nontrivial, but making Meganium walk around the back is the hard part. Here's a consistent setup I found. Some steps may not be necessary, but if you do all of them, it definitely works.

Start with Meganium on the right; retry if it starts on the left

Spawn Shaymin

Light the second crystabloom with timing such that its lit before Meganium starts sniffing, but it goes out before Meganium is done sniffing. The timing I used was its tenth front footfall after it begins walking again after Shaymin. The timing isn't very precise, but you really do want a cue to align yourself with.

The actual photo you want is Meganium looking surprised at Hoothoot. In all likelihood, its face will be blocked by the tree lol but if you snap in burst mode, it'll be the only 4*s in the burst.

btw after seeing this animation i realize ive had a half-dozen pictures of it in the past that were counted within meganium's folder but which didnt register bc its laughing at hoothoot and throws its head back multiple times and only the last one which has a slightly different expression is **** lmfao

we have to stop new pokemon snap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All art is art unless it is not art, in which case, it is not art, unless it is art, at which point it is art, until it is not.