Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

celebrate her return. However, Emily does not intend to stay for long. The very next day, she prepares to leave for Castle Caelin.

B-But you just came back!
Oh, you two... Just 'cause I got dragged off to Bern doesn't mean my plans have changed--
But we missed you!
We were all so worried when those bandits took you!
The entire town was in an uproar, you know.
Your father told everyone to go out and search! He had a huge reward for anyone who found--
Pah! Of course he'd offer a reward. It would hurt his public image if he--

You're not giving your father enough credit :colbert:

Emmy, stop it! It's a rough, dog-eat-dog world out there! Can't you see we're still worried about you?
We don't want you to get hurt!
Nellie, Shana... I'll be fine, really. It touches my heart to see you so concerned, but I'm not like you two. The past. It still...lingers in my head.
E-Emmy...
Don't take me wrong. I'll miss you two, and everyone in the club... It's just... I can't stay here. I'm sorry...but I can't.
Speaking of the club, I'm leaving you two in charge. I know you'll manage it well.
Of course.
You can count on us!
Stay safe, Emmy. I still don't like this, but I hope you find what you're looking for...
Aww... C'mon. It's not like I'm gonna leave and forget you guys. What kind of friend would I be if I did that? I'll return someday as a knight, with stories to tell you all!
You better! Or we'll just have to go out there and

Haha, Shana!

:3:

Nellie! Hey, let go! Cut it out!
Heehee! Take care, Emmy!
And stay safe. If you die out there, we'll never forgive you.
I know.

At least it's not "If you die, we'll kill you somehow" :j:

*Emily begins to leave, but then...*

We've actually seen her back in Chapter 1.

Huh? Mrs. Woodson?
You're leaving to join the Caelin knights, aren't you? Here... Take this with you.
This. It's a lance...
Before you were born, your mother used to carry this lance everywhere she went.
My mother's... How did you get this?
When your mother put mercenary work behind her, she insisted I keep this lance. I'm not sure why she entrusted it to me, but...I know she'd want you to have it now.
Mrs. Woodson... Thank you.
I only wish I could do more to help you, dear... Oh, and take this vulnerary with you too!
Mrs. Woodson...
Please, do be careful! For your mother's sake.
I promise. I'll be fine.

Got a Surestrike. Got a Vulnerary.

:toot:

All along I'd thought I'd be happy to leave you in the dust. But now...why is it so hard...

Bandits! What is it, a Chapter 1 map?

Well, well. What's a little girl like you doing out here all alone? You wanna--

Well she certainly improved. Guess that one level is good for her after all! :j:

I have no time for games, bandit scum. Out of my way!
Whoa, she's a vicious one!

Oh no! It's attack of the clones! :derp:

Hey now, lil' lady! No one makes a fool of the Cireneg Bandits and gets away with it! Boys, take her down!

Fun fact: Cireneg is Generic backwards.

...I am the daughter of Alys, Terror of Illia! I will not fall to the likes of you!

Never heard of her :j:

So, this map. It's a rout map that exists pretty much to train Emily. Watch out for that archer, though. He can take almost all of her health in one hit.

:stare: That makes training Emily A LOT easier.

Also, let's dig into the memory viewer and check her growths. It's:
  • HP: 80%
  • Mus: 70%
  • Cun: 90%
  • Wit: 100%
  • Chm: 50%
  • Inv: 70%
  • Res: 80%
Yep, she's definitely an Est.

:black101:

There's really not much to this map. It is nice to watch her Numbers Go Up though.

The archer and mercenary are the only enemies here not to wield axes.

No! I can't fall here! Mother...

But turns out Emily even with More Numbers is still no match for Weapon Triangle Disadvantage. Whooops :buddy:

Fun fact: that steel axe deals more damage to her than the bow :j:

Take two! Emily is more crit-happy this time around :black101:

She gets More Numbers, too :toot:

New plan: bait them using the ledges and forests.

Plan is a success! :woop:

Shameless, mindless, sadistic... ...I should get going. Castle Caelin, here I come.

And that's the chapter! It's a very short one, yes.

What's that? Why is there no jokes at all in this chapter, you ask? Well, you're the ones who voted for the serious route :colbert:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad about the lack of jokes honestly, I haven't really enjoyed most of the attempts at humour so far.

Also you have "bandit" instead of headshots.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Welllll poo poo i completely forgot about this!

Jokes are cool and good and the Generic Stidnab is a joke and i appreciate it :colbert:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Without jokes, this hack is pretty much a (slightly above average but otherwise) normal hack; not really something I'd LP.

So yeah, jokes are cool and good and I completely forgot about Cireneg :v: