Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BobbyK posted:

YOU DIDN'T BUY A SINGLE loving ROUND FOR ANYONE. SO SHUT THE gently caress UP. AS SOMEONE WHO WAS A SEVEN YEAR INTERN WHO KNOOOWS THAT THESE GUYS DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY, TO SIT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM AND NOT EVEN BUY A SINGLE. loving. BUYBACK.

OH! I'M GONNA TAKE CARE OF YOU? I'M GONNA BUY YOU A SHOT? WHATEVER

THEN YOU SHOULDNT HAVE MADE AN OFFER THAT YOU COULDN'T STAND UP TO.

CUZ WE COULD HAVE GONE TO THE PLAY RIGHT DOWN THE STREET AND SPENT A THIRD OF THAT loving MONEY AND HAD TWICE AS MANY DRINKS

YOURE FULL OF poo poo, YOU MADE EMPTY PROMISES THAT YOU WERE NOT WILLING TO COME THROUGH ON. YOURE FULL OF poo poo. THATS WHY YOU WERE A SEVEN YEAR INTERN AND THATS WHY ALL YOURE DOING IS TENDING BAR.

gently caress YOU.

None of us will go back there so you take that credit, you take that loving credit Grillo and you wear it like a badge of honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I am extremely dumbfounded

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Where is this show? If it's near me I'd be pretty tempted to go.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
That flyer is fuckin glorious. If I was asked to make a flyer that was an intentional parody of Geocities-style design it still wouldn't come close to that.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

cumshitter posted:

Where is this show? If it's near me I'd be pretty tempted to go.

KC's facebook posted:

OK now VIP are sold out we might add a few more tables so you can still buy them but now we are selling the regular tickets the venue is dave and busters old country road in westbury ny doors open at 7-11 regular tickets are 60 dollars and include the show all you can eat and all the beer you can drink with the personal kegs at each table its early but the tickets are going fast so go buy them now on paypal by including full name and address with 60 per person who will be on the list at the venue. you will recive confirmation immediatley while tickets are still availible its going to sell out quick so if you want to go buy tickets now... paypal 60 a head dont forget to include name and adress venue will have your name on lists with table places... bookkc@aol.com

Seriously, who is Mike Gillingham? One of the top hits when googling his name is for a sex offender in Iowa

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 21, 2016

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I'd pay $5 maybe, and even then when the day of the show rolled around would probably work late rather than go.

Grillo? Did they even let him come along in the heyday?

PS - Haha, who'd ever paypal money to KC thinking they would ever see anything in return?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

KC posed for gay photographs

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

WITH A GERMAN HOMO

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ether Frenzy posted:

KC posed for gay photographs

He's a ho-MO!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

He pulled his pants down.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my god HPE is a wreck

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Richard wrote an article about his friend and former bandmember who died on Feb 2nd:
http://www.metalinsider.net/tributes/richard-christy-remembers-friend-and-bandmate-steve-childers

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Richard wrote an article about his friend and former bandmember who died on Feb 2nd:
http://www.metalinsider.net/tributes/richard-christy-remembers-friend-and-bandmate-steve-childers

I'm sorry to Richard but I keep reading that and hearing Ethel's voice.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Beet tomorrow

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/sour-in-the-sun

♪♫Noine noine noine noine noine noine♫♪

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Riosan posted:

The throat clear for the drum hits totally makes it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Another great appearance by Beetlejuice.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Riosan posted:

I want to find Langford's number and call him with this every day

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Listening to Monday's show, I can't believe they let that sob story woman from a while back actually come in.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

Listening to Monday's show, I can't believe they let that sob story woman from a while back actually come in.

I was surprised at this too, I really didn't think she'd actually get to come in on the show.

Beet was on fire today.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Did Howard officially announce that he is no longer on AGT? I forgot. I got an invite to be in the audience and it said new judge Simon Cowle, no Howard.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MrMidnight posted:

Another great appearance by Beetlejuice.

Does anyone have a link? Beet is in my top 5 favorite humans alive and a major reason I'm a stern fan

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Did Howard officially announce that he is no longer on AGT? I forgot. I got an invite to be in the audience and it said new judge Simon Cowle, no Howard.
I didn't hear an official "announcement", but he talked about how he turned it down. He shared the story of how Simon was trying to get the job behind his back while he was still there.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

I didn't hear an official "announcement", but he talked about how he turned it down. He shared the story of how Simon was trying to get the job behind his back while he was still there.

Behind his back? Doesnt Simon basically own the show and can do whatever the hell he wants? Get ready for Howard to aggressively attack the show now and point out the ratings (if theyre down) constantly.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Howard woke up from a dream he's been in for the last few years, that or he fired Marci Turk because the show is better than it's been in a while. Wack Pack updates like mad, good bits, and Howard even recently backpedaled on AGT.

In his anti-Simon tirade the other day he claims that the entire AGT thing was a bit of a goof in the first place. He says something along the lines of, "I thought it'd be a goof! Me, Howard Stern, on a major network talent judging show! It's so ridiculous I thought it'd be funny!" as if he wasn't taking the whole thing seriously to begin with. Not sure I buy it, but shunning the last couple years is probably a good thing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That's just him saving face, it's just his spin on an uneventful 2 years. AGT was probably testing the waters for post-radio possibilities, hence him getting straight laced and locking the show down in an unprecedented fashion. The reality is the public's reaction was dull at best almost specifically because he was so boring and normal. There's nothing for people to react to like there is with Simon(Howard's 90s persona would likely be fairly similar). Much like Howard on terrestrial, some people watch Simon Cowell just to hate him but there was nothing to really like or dislike with Howard so his time at AGT was just uneventful.

The ratings didn't tank but they didn't rise either and he probably felt if he couldn't make an impact and be talked about for still having a strong media presence then it wasn't worth continuing. To that, I think he decided to table any other projects and just go back to radio which led to planning for the next few years which led to stuff like Howard 360 which meant he had to continue to make content that would get people to sign up which led to loosening the atmosphere and returning to some of his old ways. I don't think Turk is gone or the overall mantra of the show is different but now that he's locked in and doing radio-only for the foreseeable future I think we'll get more of the wacky stuff we enjoy.

I feel fairly certain he was trying to parlay success with AGT into other stuff that either never came to fruition or he just shied away from after his experience with AGT and Turk was brought in to clean up the image for a true mainstream audience. That's probably never going to happen and so now we get HPE getting farted on for 10 minutes.

For what it's worth it seems to be working, too. The show's been really good since he re-upped and you see more positive feedback from the fanbase than he's probably had since Eric died(or possibly since Artie left).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is he still doing just 3 days a week?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

No offense to ("my old man...") Riley or Crackhead Bob, but if they could somehow bring ETM back from the dead, the show would literally be perfect.

Well, and bring Artie back, too.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Crotch Bat posted:

... words ...

I think you nailed it on the head perfectly. I do have my doubts about Howard 360 only because of his complete lack to bring any tech related product to market.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Well just like I predicted Howard went on a 30 min rant about Cowell today. Anyone who still listens want to give us some details?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'll be honest, I never thought I'd go back to listening to the show regularly - I haven't listened to a full show since Artie left - but I've been listening this last month and I've really enjoyed it. I know fans bitch about the show only being on 3x a week, but that gives me the ability to listen to the show in it's entirety and still listen to a ton of podcasts regularly.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

Well just like I predicted Howard went on a 30 min rant about Cowell today. Anyone who still listens want to give us some details?

Without looking, I can guarantee there's an extensive write-up on http://www.marksfriggin.com.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh yeah what happened with marksfriggin needing $10,000 to write a few paragraphs a week about a radio show or whatever

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Without looking, I can guarantee there's an extensive write-up on http://www.marksfriggin.com.

Im just reading about it on Dawgshed.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh yeah what happened with marksfriggin needing $10,000 to write a few paragraphs a week about a radio show or whatever

https://www.patreon.com/marksfriggin?ty=h

lol at "creating content" He's transcribing. brb while I add movie producer to my resume because I once torrented a file.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

https://www.patreon.com/marksfriggin?ty=h

lol at "creating content" He's transcribing. brb while I add movie producer to my resume because I once torrented a file.

It just sounds like a way to make money off of a disability. Why not just listen to the show instead of a bowdlerized version of it?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Kelly Clarkson is slowly BECOMING High Pitch...

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Holy poo poo she's huge

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hooooleeee mackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004